PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VI to be online

DIGITAL
04-24-2003, 02:54 PM
heres a link http://xbox.ign.com/articles/394/394920p1.html pretty cool news if you ask me:cheers:

Viper87227
04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
April 24, 2003 - As our neighbors across the street confirmed in PSM issue 71 (May 2003), recent conversations with Mortal Kombat father Ed Boon yielded concrete proof that his team is already hard at work on the next game in the series. The article continued to say that the game was tentatively titled Mortal Kombat VI, will be released in 2004, is being rebuilt from scratch, and could or could not include online play.

After speaking with our own Midway contacts late yesterday afternoon, IGN confirmed that online play isn't merely an idea, but a fact; and that it will definitely be incorporated into the next version of Kombat when it debuts near the end of 2004. Unfortunately the only other confirmation we could receive was that MK6 would appear on multiple platforms, and that it will be a good long while before any more information (or official press release for that matter) becomes available.

Stay tuned to IGN for more once that wait is over.
-----------------------------------------------

THere you have it. Mortal Kombat 6 is not only in development it will be online! While it doesnt exactly say its for Xbox... there is no doubt in my mind we will get it :D. I love mortal kombat, and I will definatkl per order this ASAP. Hopefully we will get some screens at E3!

MixMasta
04-24-2003, 03:06 PM
sounds good. lets hopes it an above average game!

nice news digital!

Snoopy7548
04-24-2003, 03:12 PM
i hope they put every mortal kombat game on the disc with mk6. like mk1, mk2, mk3, mk4. that would be so awesome.

Shadow20002
04-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i hope they put every mortal kombat game on the disc with mk6. like mk1, mk2, mk3, mk4. that would be so awesome.

Yeah, something with unlocking stuffs, that,s why MK is popular forever !! ;)

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 04:06 PM
i've been wanting to get a fighting game... might get that one, sound pretty sweet

Viper87227
04-24-2003, 04:37 PM
lol man you must have gotten this post up 30 seconds before me and a mod must have moved my topic into ur topic. Weird :watchout:

LynxFX
04-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Yup, he beat you by |-----| that much. :)

This is excellent news though. I haven't played MK: DA yet and Live support, or lack there of was one reason why I opted to pass. At least at full price.

DIGITAL
04-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
lol man you must have gotten this post up 30 seconds before me and a mod must have moved my topic into ur topic. Weird :watchout: i was wondering why you replied that quick,your post was better anyways:cheers:

matt_ch86
04-24-2003, 06:41 PM
cool! But it would have been really cool if Tao Feng was online.

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:58 PM
yeah tao feng would be cool online...

Variation-XBA
04-25-2003, 03:37 AM
I still remember getting MK1 first day....

Never really pictured it as an online game....but they are building it form scratch, so I hope they fix the little things from V :)

Viper87227
04-25-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by matt_ch86
cool! But it would have been really cool if Tao Feng was online.

Both MK and Tao Fang are made by the same team correct? In this case Tao Fang onilne or MK online would be virtually the same experiance. In all reality I think MK would do much better online that toa fang simply because MK is a name everybody knows, so that is genrally what they would stick with.

RudedogX
04-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Actually, I don't think they are made by the same team. They have the same originator, but Tobias (co-creator of the original MK) left MK several years ago. So, at this point, no, they aren't the same game.

LTM360
04-25-2003, 01:50 PM
After playing MK 1&2 I though I'd never quit playing MK. After playing the horrible MK3, UMK3, MK4, MK: DA, im never buying another MK. It became clear to me that MK is a game that will never go over the 3-D hill. If the game goes back 2-D I will buy it, but only under that circumstance.

l Maximus l
04-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
After playing MK 1&2 I though I'd never quit playing MK. After playing the horrible MK3, UMK3, MK4, MK: DA, im never buying another MK. It became clear to me that MK is a game that will never go over the 3-D hill. If the game goes back 2-D I will buy it, but only under that circumstance.

Dude...MK's first experience with 3-D was MK4...and yes, it did suck ass. MK V...now, that's a different story. This game is as addicting as crack!

Arrakis44
04-26-2003, 09:30 AM
I was thinking of getting MK: DA, is it good? By that i mean is it worth $44.99, if so id probalby get it, i was kind of put off after previous MK outings such as the affore mentioned MK4.

LTM360
04-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Dude...MK's first experience with 3-D was MK4...and yes, it did suck ass. MK V...now, that's a different story. This game is as addicting as crack!

Yeah, I know, Ill word that better... If MK returns to the exact gameplay of Mortal Kombat 2, not 3, 2! MK2 is probably my second fav. fighting game ever. 3 suck, *** combo system, 4....do I need to tell why I dislike it? and Deadly Alliance has the most unresponsive controls I've ever had the mispleasure of playing with. 1 and 2 are the only MK's worth buying.

Arrakis44, I wouldn't pay $15 for MK: Deadly Alliance, but If you like sitting on a video game for about 1 hour, trying to do Raidens final combo move, and NEVER getting it, knowing good and well you got the combo right, fine by me. But IMO its not worth $44.99. I truely honest think Midway should just drop MK totally, but it sells, s...oh wait, it has pretty good graphics, so no wonder its a **** game, but it sells anyways.

shrew king
04-26-2003, 08:08 PM
If they did go back to 2-D, that'd be some amazing looking graphics. I think I prefer the 2D over 3D fighters, but MK: DA was pretty fun while it lasted for me. Most likely because of the 600 Koffins, I got pretty good with Scorpion.

Something I hope they decide to do is develop MK VI using the Xbox, and not the PS2. I'd like to see the graphics rival Dead Or Alive 3, or some of the better looking games out on Xbox. More fatalities would be cool too, and definitely like twice as many characters, or unlockable Mortal Kombat games. I think MK: DA was pretty good, probably one of the funner fighting games I have played this year, but those damn combos you have to do in Konquest mode suck when you have to switch fighting styles.

Snoopy7548
04-27-2003, 09:52 AM
if they had unlockable mortal kombat games, i would buy it. no matter how bad it is.

Liquid Gears
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Oh give me a break

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 08:01 PM
haven't actually tried MC yet, dunno, had mixed reviews

nashpred31
04-29-2003, 01:17 AM
:cuss: ROAR! hehe ok mk1 was fun back in the day would love to play on the box mk2 is the grand daddy of all mk i think and should be on box :cheers: mk3 well to be honest i like the run and silly combo stuff just needed to be more balanced and cyrax rules :P although unmasked sub zero is lame. i would say aftermk3 they got alot of lame characters and some decent ones. mk4 was ok but had lots of bad things about it and it seemed silly most people just did the blow up the head fatality or was it just me. mk:da they made cyrax lame and the controls didnt make his combos any easier. i mean the timing on the combos was weird to me i mean after some time i got good with some people. and they should release a mk box set or something for the xbox and maybe other platforms with all mk games. oh yea and mk:da made reptile lame i mean what happened to the cool special moves from old games :( i mean what the heck kitana can throw fans once then she is like a sitting duck with her special jump kick and cant do the fan lift anymore 3 styles was nice idea. i say go back to 2-d though what is so wrong with 2-d not all stuff has to be 3-d i mean history shows it is hard to make a great 3-d fighter cause there is more room for problems. maybe with new mk they should go back to 2-d with the actors again and maybe now they can make it look alot better than ever...... i had mk:da got rid of it already got bored of it too fast. online play would have helped it out more and online play with any mk to choose from would own all