PDA

View Full Version : Is Knights of the Old Republic still worth it if....

thesecreted
04-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Well i don't have Live yet.:watchout: so do you think KOTOR will still be worth buying even if if i don't have live. :huh:

Blind-RazoR
04-24-2003, 08:31 PM
:eek: Um Kotor is a solo game. Maybe you are thinking of Star War: Galaxies which is the MMO but Kotor is a single player RPG and the only thing that maybe live is if it has downloadable content :( You are worrying me. :huh:

selowitch
04-24-2003, 08:36 PM
:hail:
Call me a sucker, but pretty much any <i>Star Wars</i> title LucasArts releases for Xbox, I will probably buy. Certain exceptions do apply, however; I plan to skip such forgettables as <b>Star Wars: Obi-Wan</b>.

Blind-RazoR
04-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
:hail:
Call me a sucker, but pretty much any &lt;i&gt;Star Wars&lt;/i&gt; title LucasArts releases for Xbox, I will probably buy. Certain exceptions do apply, however; I plan to skip such forgettables as &lt;b&gt;Star Wars: Obi-Wan&lt;/b&gt;.

LOL :rofl: Obi-Wan wan never exsisted (uses force to wipe from everyones memory) :D

MerimacHamwich
04-24-2003, 08:42 PM
<a href="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/">Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic</a> is an immense RPG that takes you right into the action with large environments and real time gameplay. Only one player.

<a href="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/default.htm">Star Wars: Galaxies</a> is a humongous Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game that puts players into a completely user driven galaxy that comes complete with everything starwars. Xbox Live is required to play this title.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is definetly worth getting if you don't have live. Star Wars: Galaxies is defintely not worth getting if you don't have live.

selowitch
04-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Star Wars: Galaxies is definitely not worth getting if you don't have Xbox Live. [/B]

Uh, yeah—because you cannot even play it without XBL.

MerimacHamwich
04-24-2003, 09:38 PM
...:watchout: ...:eek: ... the heck did you think I was getting at?

RudedogX
04-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Merimac...meet merimac part 2.:watchout:

selowitch
04-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Sorry, I was just clarifying for the benefit of others. The statement seemed a little ambiguous to me, like someone could still consider getting <b>SW:G</b> in the absence of XBL despite your recommendation to the contrary.

I felt it was important to make it clear that you cannot buy <b>Galaxies</b> and run it without XBL and play the game in, say, some crippled form. Based on what I have read, the game will not even <b><i>run</i></b> without a connection to XBL.

In other words, buying <b>Galaxies</b> when you don’t have XBL and are not planning on getting XBL is a false choice, because Galaxies is, in effect, incompatible with a non-XBL-enabled Xbox.

Do you see where I’m coming from?

Arrakis44
04-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Cool, i always thought that Kotor was a multiplayer game, think i'll but that then.

You learn something new everyday!

Doubt i'll get Galaxes though, currently i dont have live, and i dont know when ill be getting it either (money issues)

Duke
04-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Merimac...meet merimac part 2.:watchout:

It's funny cause it's true. :p