PDA

View Full Version : Overheating Problems

XboxAddict04
12-04-2001, 12:21 PM
I hear that the x-box will heat up very quickly and lockup, and also you can only play an hour and a half before it fries ur chip??? and thats with perfect ventelation..... maybiey my sources r confussed..

HELP ME !!!!

terrapin
12-04-2001, 12:36 PM
I haven't had any problem with my Xbox overheating and haven't experience any of my games locking up. Most of the overheating "rumors" are false.

Hardcore_Addict
12-04-2001, 12:37 PM
Makes me wonder if you are a G@ycuber trying to discredit my noble XBOX.....

If I am mistaken, please accept my apology and listen to my advice, TRY TO READ OTHER THREADS BEFORE YOU START REPEATING TOPICS. THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED MANY TIMES.

The Verdict: Xbox does not hae any manufacturing problem that results in overheating... just put it on a shelf with an open fron tnd an open rear panel and give it 3 inches on each side and you can play games until your eyes glaze over.... I am tired of this bull$hit.

|]-[| //-\\

GokuX
12-04-2001, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry but only being able to play an hour before it fries the chip. Lets just remove all logic for the second, even with logic removed do you know how foolish that sounds? Anyway the X-Box is not gonna overheat unless U wrap a towel over it after U just taped over the vents on all sides of it. And why would U do that? It's simple put it in a space that allows air to move through, I believe they have those in entertainment centers, they are called shelves.

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 01:41 PM
I have played my XBox for 8 hours straight a few times...other times for 3-5 hours...it hasn't made a single glitch. My XBox is finer that a frog hair split four ways :D

D a m n, I need a beer....

LynxFX
12-04-2001, 03:46 PM
One night I put it on a cushy chair so basically the bottom was completely covered up and so where some of the sides. I played Halo for 4 hours. No problems. System wasn't even that hot. This system is built very well and all of the components actually produce very little heat. The 733mhz cpu practically runs at room temp.

No one has to worry about overheating with this console unless you do cover the whole thing in suranwrap and use it as a booster seat.

XboxAddict04
12-04-2001, 05:05 PM
Hardcore addict -
My Bad i shoulda read the next page but i had a REAAALLLYY slow connection and i didnt have time 2 check , no i'm not G@ycuber , lol X-Boxs rock i cant wait 4 x-mas :)

2 ALL : Thanks for clearing that issue up, I figured gates woulndt sell a console that u could only play for 1.5 hours! lol