PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder Screens..

Xbox Owner
04-25-2003, 02:13 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ghostreconisland/screenindex.html

looks good so far, i was hoping they made the gfx a lil better but oh well

RudedogX
04-25-2003, 02:15 PM
XBA already has the exact same ones on the main page.:watchout:

No Fear 23
04-25-2003, 02:32 PM
i cant wait to play in the jungle. it'll be impossible to find enemies.

l Maximus l
04-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Damn...I was hoping they would up the graphics with this one. Hopefully they will be better by the time it's realeased. Atleast have it in 480p. The current Ghost Recon is a little fuzzy even on my HDTV...which kinda goes against the purpose of having one. But, it's still fun. I may end up passing on this one and go with Rainbow Six: Raven Shield instead.

Also, one of my biggest peaves with Ghost Recon is that you can't see your gun like a true first person shooter. I think this helps to see what type of gun you're carrying so you can switch between them better. Yes, I realize that there is a little icon on the bottom right of your screen showing which one you have, but, I still prefer seeing the gun.

RudedogX
04-25-2003, 03:09 PM
And here I'm thinking like I'll be spoiled by Ghost with not seeing the gun on the screen!:yikes:

Discretion
04-26-2003, 03:06 AM
Those pics look pretty good in my opinion. Sure I wish the graphics were hyped but oh well. I just hope it doesnt give disc errors as much as the first one :eek:

l Maximus l
04-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
And here I'm thinking like I'll be spoiled by Ghost with not seeing the gun on the screen!:yikes:

You prefer the gun not being there? I mean, don't get me wrong, but, it just doesn't quite feel like a true first person shooter because of it. That's what pumped me up so much about Rainbow Six: Raven Shield...it is displayed as being a true FPS. I can't wait!!! I'm more pumped up about Raven Shield that I am of RTCW...though, I'll get that one, too :D

Kane040
04-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I like not being able to see the gun on the screen, its a distraction, and more for those fragfest types of games. If there was a gun on the screen, it would block out part of your view, possibly the part that a bullet is coming from ;) Neway, i cant wait til Island Thunder comes out, its gona be awsome :D (also waitin for Wolfenstien)