PDA

View Full Version : Xbox MMORPG "Mythica"

Xbox Owner
04-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Microsoft Game Studios sent first warning today on Mythica, a brand-new massively multiplayer online RPG under development internally at their Redmond, WA headquarters. The MMORPG's due to make its debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo next month, with a 2004 release on the horizon.
Simply put, Mythica takes place in the lands of Norse mythology, and every player's object is to ascend from mere immortality and become a god and a true hero of the game world. In the official press release, MS calls Mythica "revolutionary"—of course, everyone says that about their MMORPGs these days, so what makes Mythica more revolutionary than everything else? Part of it may be the Private Realms Technology developed for the game—you can quest with other players in the game's public areas all you want, or you can journey into a Private Realm instead, where you become the center of an offline RPG-style story and your actions can have lasting consequences in the game world you build for yourself. Confused? Think of it as an MMORPG with the ability to build your own plotline on the side.

"Mythica is a delicate balance between a massively multiplayer game with mechanics, depth and socialization expected by veteran online gamers, as well as the intimacy and self-determination of a single-player adventure," says executive producer Matt Wilson. "In our game, players truly feel like they're center stage in their own adventure."

Stay tuned for our E3 coverage to get the full scoop on Mythica.

Credited by: Gamepro.com

Dre
04-26-2003, 04:41 PM
I never read anywhere that this game was coming for Xbox. To my understanding, (and gamespots) its coming out for PC only at this time. Still, the game does sound pretty cool though.

BTW, if you're gonna post news, try to make sure it's accurate

Variation-XBA
04-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Cant wait to see some screens, I love MMORPGS :)

TheCovenant
04-27-2003, 01:32 AM
sounds like it could be good....

mailman
04-27-2003, 02:07 AM
This game sounds good, but i'm not a fan of this kind of game either, but i'll still look into it

Xbox Owner
04-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Dre
I never read anywhere that this game was coming for Xbox. To my understanding, (and gamespots) its coming out for PC only at this time. Still, the game does sound pretty cool though.

BTW, if you're gonna post news, try to make sure it's accurate

Yeah..I got this from another board, and I just did some research, and found out that you're right. Only for PC right now.:o

Don't know why they wouldn't port it onto Xbox though..?

Dre
04-27-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

Yeah..I got this from another board, and I just did some research, and found out that you're right. Only for PC right now.:o

Don't know why they wouldn't port it onto Xbox though..?

I hope they do! The game sounds very cool, I like how you can switch to single player from the MMO aspect

Knight
04-27-2003, 03:58 PM
I want a screen shot. :cuss:

Xbox Owner
04-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I want a screen shot. :cuss:

:rolleyes:

JJaX
04-28-2003, 04:02 PM
I could only find these...

The game sounds cool

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/april03/mythicapc/screenshots.shtml

Knight
04-28-2003, 05:56 PM
http://www.gamespy.com/previews/april03/mythicapc/03.jpg

This game sounds alot like Guild Wars, but looks alot better.

http://www.guildwars.com/

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 08:09 PM
mmorpg are sweet but i cant afford them, a monthly fee is too much for me. It bothers me to buy a game then pay every month to go on, even tho people argue about all this lag being fixed, i think its bs and the game should be free

chunk83
04-29-2003, 08:49 AM
meh, I'll stick with PSO.

strangefate
04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Wow, the screenshots look great. Too bad gameplay won't look like that.

Does anyone else remember MS saying that no games will come out that will be strictly XB Live?