PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Game Idea

Kortiz
04-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Ok, I have thought about this for awhile and I would like to see a fighting game to the caliber of Soul Calibur on DC and the soon to debute SC2 on Xbox here in the states....it's in Japan right now right?

Anyway, I was thinking about Fable and playing SC on DC the other day when it hit me.

Why isn't there an RPG/Fighting game? You start out choosing your character, gender/looks/what you wear or some ish and you start as a child with poor skills learning how to fight. You compete as a child just as you would as an adult, but against foos your age and ish.

It could take you through like years of growing up until you are a seasoned veteran, kicking ass against other badass fools with skills near yours.

That would be the ish. Start out as a child and grow to an old man. Possibly some sort of team type combat? to incorp the 4player system....hell system link that biatch and put XBL on it.

Along the way you learn new moves and you become faster and better at whatever style of fighting you do. All sorts ot choose from and ish. That would be the ish That would be awesome.

Different costumes. Fatalities? hmmmmmmmm, That is what we need.

l Maximus l
04-26-2003, 03:21 AM
Pretty cool idea...I also think they should make pretty much all games that are either platformers and/or adventure type games with the same level of sophistication of fighting as the fighting game genre.

Games like Morrowind or Azurik's fighting are way too dry and dull. Imagine those games if they had all the fighting abilities as a 3d fighter like Soul Caliber? I think that would have saved them from the lack luster that they present in regards to fighting.

Kortiz
04-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm here for the gangbang? what?

Koopa
04-27-2003, 02:59 PM
the only problem would be that once you get ollld you'd lose some of your strength...maybe they could make it so if you try to get buff without getting good at technique, the first half of the game will be easy and then as you get old you get worse and worse....but if you work mostly on technique, itll be harder earlier on but easier later, because technique requires skill more than muscle, which an old guy could do.

Kortiz
04-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I am sure there could be some sort of magic to keep the older folk's strength up. 90 year old fool, you wouldnt be able to tell that though.

An aspect of the game could be that you cant play online with anyone until you have a guy to the very top of the ladder in the game.

Add several hundred power moves or something and different aspects as far as gear goes. Maybe add some sort of strength build up points. Magic build up points?

What about that old joker in SC? old with a receding hair line, white pony tailed mofo. He was old but had some skills!!!!!

Corona
04-27-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm sure a few of us (including myself) have had that idea run through our minds just not long enough to elaborate to another person.

The problem with that is it would probably take over two whole years in production to make a product with that much range and expect it to have very little flaws. Would it be worth the money needed to put in to the making of this game????

About the age if the character disscussionthats part of the magic in a game like that, when you chartacter's ability or strength begins to diminish you should feel abit emotional (lol). knowing that the end is nere and you will have to part with you Hero or Villan that you have grown to love playing with during your voyage.

Kortiz
04-27-2003, 05:29 PM
i'd just make it one of those things.......yanno, where you cant explain why it happens or doesnt happen.

your guy would get to be of a certain age and then would quit aging.

I think it should be apart of the game. Like the campaign mode would have some story so that this character ends or somehow dies or some ish and then a new character is started, possibly different gender? race? species? something like that.

I dont know how i would set up the regular quick matches. But i guess i would have some sort of already made peeps. the guys you will be facing during campaign mode. You can play quick battle mode with your current character and ish, you can choose to face up against any age range. For example, you could have the youngest char and fight against Yoyochingchangwallawallabingbang the 90(the highest age of your fighter could possibly come to a lower age, 50? 60? 70? or hell, maybe go up to the age of 395 years old?***** year old expert karate nut crackin mofo. This would be like playing SUPERDUPER HARD mode in quick battle. or you could have worked your way up to Yoyochingchangwallawallabingbang the 90 year old expert karate nut crackin mofo and fight against some ~14 year old joker and beat the snot out of him.

***** About the age. it could go up as far as you wanted, 500? that could be to make the age seem trivial as far as your strength goes. Like 500 year old people are skin and bones, but in this game they will look as if they were 40 tops?

Man, this game would be sweet, why isnt there one out there like this?

mailman
04-27-2003, 07:58 PM
I thought there is already a game like that... i think its on ps2 called rpg maker or fighter maker or somehtinig of that kind

Liquid Gears
04-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah that idea's already be created

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:24 PM
yea that should hit xbox cuz it would be so cool to customize em and maybe integrate HD usage some way through downloading and trading customizable things u know

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 07:58 PM
that sounds like a good idea

Kortiz
04-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Ok, so it has been done. But I dont own a ps2 and it cant be too good because i have never heard of it.

It needs to be done again though. For Xbox. That would be saweet. Namco needs to make this game.

NAAAAAAAAAAAMCO *shing sound*

Shadow20002
04-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Interesting..maybe some developers have hear your wishes... ;)

chunk83
04-29-2003, 08:52 AM
yes, namco or sega would have to make it. Keep microsoft far from it..........*shudders at Kakuto Chojin and Tao Feng*

sabca
05-12-2003, 09:29 PM
okay, seriously. That games got some kick ass music.

Doesn't look that bad at all, I'd jump at any given chance to play it. MGS seems to be the pride of the Playstation.

But seriously, Snake Eater? Even then that would be fine if he didn't ACTUALLY eat a snake...weird, man.

sabca
05-12-2003, 09:33 PM
how the sweet suck did that reply get in here....

if someone can delete these two it would be appreciated :)

Kortiz
05-12-2003, 09:45 PM
and to think....someone cared about what i thought...i guess i was wrong.