PDA

View Full Version : New FPS Announced! Details Inside!

Viper87227
04-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Proving that 2004 will indeed be the year of the FPS for Xbox fans, Activision revealed Trinity as the next first person action title for the Xbox and PC. PC fans familiar with the company's Return to Castle Wolfenstein will appreciate Grey Matter's development abilities as the team behind Trinity, while Vicarious Visions --who brought Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast to the Xbox-- do the honors for Microsoft's console.
"TRINITY brings an all new intensity and cinematic quality to the first-person action genre," states Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. "Run-and-gun gameplay takes on a whole new dimension when players can warp around the map in the blink of an eye, see through walls and tackle enemies with deadly acrobatic maneuvers."

New Orleans takes a turn as a high profile videogame town in Trinity, where the year is 2013, a deadly plague threatens the entire city, our hero "Nightstalker" isn't very happy and presumably the Saints will still be looking for their second playoff victory in team history. While the Nightstalker won't be able to help Deuce McAllister and company, he will have a wide range of weapons and abilities to help his cause against the evil organization that seems to be behind the bad news. The 'stalker's Flash Time ability behaves remarkably similar to the bullet time special effects popularized by "The Matrix" where players will see the world moving before them in slow motion and bullets from enemy attacks will be highlighted with green ripples in the air. Flash Time also allows for a variety of physical attacks and maneuvers such as flying dash kick that can be used at considerable range and the ability to detect structural weaknesses in the environment so that the Nightstalker will be able to smash a wall with a single blow. Leaping over rooftops and unleashing flurries of destruction from sniper and assault rifles, grenade launchers and shotguns will also play a significant part in Trinity.

IGN will have plenty more on Trinity in the months leading up to its release in 2004. Next months E3 show should reveal even more details if not full blown hands-on playtime.

Sounds cool but I wouldnt be supprised if this game doest make it due to sueing. With the game name "Triniry" and have it support "Matex style moves" its obvious its a blatent copy of the matrix and my guess is there looking to apeal to the matrix audiance. Should be intresting to watch the dev. and see if they get into any hot water :watchout:

Kraft
04-26-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't know. I thought max plain was a ridiculous rip off the bullet time movie system. The game makers said you were able to move slow motion due to an 'adrenaline rush'... but last I heard these adrenaline rushes were exclusive to 'the one'. On a plus note, activision is usually really good about releasing what they say they are going to release. On a bad note, the fps market is getting a little crowded on the Box.

Dre
04-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
On a bad note, the fps market is getting a little crowded on the Box.

How could you see having lots of FPS games as a bad thing? Xbox needs more games, not less of em!

carlbme
04-26-2003, 05:34 PM
As a N.O. Saints fan I am offended by that article. No matter how true it may be.:eek:

mailman
04-28-2003, 01:33 AM
FPS is the best genre ever. the more the better

Uchiha Sasuke
04-28-2003, 06:51 AM
I seen picks of this game at ign and let me say the game freakin gorgeous.Hopefully the gameplay engine will be equally enjoyable.

Duke
04-28-2003, 10:22 AM
The IGN screens do look nice. So many FPS. It's starting to get ridiculous. It's gonna be a lot of work being better than the rest of you at every single one. :D

MeSs
04-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Sounds matrix style....
Enter The Matrix looks phat..
MeSs

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 06:12 PM
BRING ON THE FPSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:04 PM
there are so many of those lately, but hey any FPS gets me excited :-d

Viper87227
04-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by fadywwf316
there are so many of those lately, but hey any FPS gets me excited :-d

Slow down. Dont get too excited. We dont want any messes to clean up:D

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 07:56 PM
asdfasdf meow mix

shrew king
04-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JonTheCanuck
asdfasdf meow mix

As long as you get your 25 posts so you have the chance to win something :rolleyes:

Anyways, about the game, if it has nice visuals and a good multiplayer I will probably pick it up. The more first person shooter the better.

kornavs19
04-28-2003, 09:46 PM
hmm..Matrix Reloaded is coming out soon now too..There pshyicning them up with the movie then putting the game out when people will want it...I see there evil ways..:watchout:
*I just wanted an excuse to use that smilie...Its so cool

I geuss it sounds alright, but it sounds like a Matrix/ May Payne type thing..Some screen shots, trailers, and info will maybe help me deside better..Well i already have 2 musts...HALO 2 and Bruteforce, as long as i get those 2, then im fine with shooters and if triniys nice ill take a look at it,..