PDA

View Full Version : light up my xbox

williamson23704
04-26-2003, 10:07 AM
does anybody out there know a way that I can light up my xbox that's all I want to do though is light up my xbox when it is on
:cheers:

Kraft
04-26-2003, 10:10 AM
hmm... you could tape a flashlight to it. What exactly to you mean by 'light up'?

Kane040
04-26-2003, 10:51 AM
theres a site i saw a while ago that had instructions on how to do that. it uses lcds and stuff like that, ill try to find it for ya.

TegSkywalker
04-26-2003, 01:26 PM
What do you mean by "lighting up" your console? Do you want to do something like PC people do when they put neon lights and tubing inside their cases?

I dont see the point and it is a waste of space. I mean... when you play you look at the TV, not get all excited about how bright your console is when it is on.

:watchout:

Nameless00
04-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by williamson23704
does anybody out there know a way that I can light up my xbox that's all I want to do though is light up my xbox when it is on
:cheers:

First thing you need is a can of gasoline. Next get your Xbox. Now pour the gas all over the Xbox. Get some matches, or a lighter. Turn on your Xbox. Light a match and drop it on top of your Xbox. Vola, your Xbox is now lit up.

Seriously tho, I don't know. But does it really matter? Do you sit there looking at your Xbox when you play?

williamson23704
04-26-2003, 02:13 PM
I want to make the green xbox label on the xbox light up when I turn the console on.

GokuX
04-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Well you could get some resistors, LEDs, and a circuit board, find the Xbox's power output lines by tracing the power button LED back to its roots and rig up something. You might have to do some soldering.

cjskater
04-26-2003, 03:08 PM
You always have the one that lights up on the front, what else could you want, it is like a dream to have that, ......... just kidding.

Snapple
04-26-2003, 03:54 PM
light up your xbox!? Thats stupid. Like TegSkywalker said...how will you notice your xbox all litin up and stuff when you looking at the tv?

i guess you can stick those little glowy lite up things glowsticks i think in the vents:watchout:

Reclaimer
04-26-2003, 07:04 PM
I saw the instructions on the web. If I find it again, I'll post it for you. Keep in mind, it's a pretty tricky ordeal, you have to completely dismantle your xbox to get the PSU open. Everything comes out, there's like 4 or 5 devices that are to be unhooked and removed. You have to be pretty handy with a dremel and a solder gun too. It's not an easy task, and doesn't look like a task for the squimish.

Snoopy7548
04-26-2003, 07:16 PM
can i rent your space? lol

speedbuggy76
04-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Here are some instructions on how to light up your XBOX jewel. I hope it's something you'd like, since I spent a while researching.

WARINING: This mod will void your XBOX's warranty. I do not take any responsibility for whatever may happen to your XBOX as a result of these instructions, unless it's good! :D

First, you must open your xbox, take the lid off, get the jewel off, and dremel the plastic under the jewel, MAKE SURE you leave a small amount of plastic on the edges, so that you can have something to set the jewel on when you are finished. Next you have to strip the green off of the jewel. You can do this using sandpaper or apparently, paint stripping gel. You can see the results of this here. (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=24&t=49064&) Now you have to buy an LED strip, like the one here. (http://www.mastermods.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/51?osCsid=e71fc4ae18566bf50090592b5e9a24a0) A tutorial on how to install this can be found here. (http://www.mastermods.com/shop/wrapper.php?file=light_kit_installation.php)

BTW: check out the xbox-scene forums under case modding for some other cool mods. Have fun and good luck!