PDA

View Full Version : Help! XBOX is BUSTED?

John002
04-26-2003, 12:43 PM
I think I'm in trouble. Everytime I put a game disc in I get the following, " Your Xbox can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue."

I've tried about 12 different game discs and get the same message. This ever happen to anyone else? Am I scr*wed?

Kraft
04-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Not necessarily screwed... at least if your warranty is still good. Have you tried using a lens cleaner disk in it? Sometimes if you live in an area with poor air quality it can become dirty and need to be cleaned.

If that doesn't work, though, you are screwed, unless you know a great deal about electronics and have confidence in being able to tear apart your xbox and play with the DVD laser.

wbio
04-26-2003, 05:22 PM
register your xbox at xbox.com and then call 1-800-4My-Xbox and you can get it fixed for free. that's what I did, and my warranty has been over for a long time.

JayMan36
04-26-2003, 08:44 PM
That could happen. It happned to me A couple of times and i just wiped it with a slighty wet paper towel. But if it happens with 12 gAMES that could be a problem. Notify it to x-box and they should help you on this crisis.......

Dyslexic Chaos
04-26-2003, 10:01 PM
That really sux man, i sure am glad i got my 2 year warranty from EB with my Xbox. I'm covered until next December :D . But , shouldn't this be in off topic???

KickinKajun
04-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Same thing happened to my first xbox. (Notice how I said first) My warranty was expired and xbox support offered to repair the problem for 99.00 plus shipping. I decided to get a new xbox completely instead because I didn't want to go several weeks without xbl.

John002
04-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by wbio
register your xbox at xbox.com and then call 1-800-4My-Xbox and you can get it fixed for free. that's what I did, and my warranty has been over for a long time.

I called and registered and they are going to fix it for free. Thanks. I got mine when they first came out. I thought I would have to buy a new one.

John002
04-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
That really sux man, i sure am glad i got my 2 year warranty from EB with my Xbox. I'm covered until next December :D . But , shouldn't this be in off topic???

You think so. I don't. It's not non-xbox related.

I AM B
04-27-2003, 11:10 PM
yeah if you just call 1-800-4my xbox they will take care of it. I had my long after the 1year warr. expired and they fixed it for free. PLUS they only had it for 1 week. thats including shipping time. Not to worry though. I had my back up box to get me through that week

mailman
04-28-2003, 12:51 AM
what the heck, so how agian do we get our xbox fixed for free?

register at xbox.com and then call the number?

Buccaneer21
04-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Mailman register when you call 1800-4-MY-XBOX, they will store your serial number and if it is a launch one will repair it for free. That's what they did for me.:cheers: