PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 1.5

strangefate
04-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Ok, when this new XBox 1.5 (or whatever its gonna be called) console is released in the summer with media software and the like, what happens to us original Xbox owners? Will MS release software that we can install on our XBs, are we just screwed, or are is there any other kind of compensation?

This issue has been bothering me since its announcement.

E Nomini Patri
04-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by strangefate
Ok, when this new XBox 1.5 (or whatever its gonna be called) console is released in the summer with media software and the like, what happens to us original Xbox owners? Will MS release software that we can install on our XBs, are we just screwed, or are is there any other kind of compensation?

This issue has been bothering me since its announcement.

We're screwed.

Nameless00
04-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Whats Xbox 1.5 :huh:?

LynxFX
04-27-2003, 10:03 PM
No Xbox 1.5 has ever been announced (that I've seen) and all of the rumors so far have been defunct. So I wouldn't worry.

The only 'new' Xbox we might see which I'm sure would be announced at E3 if it will happen would be an "Xbox Lite" or smaller version of the exact same Xbox we enjoy today.

Xbox Owner
04-27-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Nameless00
Whats Xbox 1.5 :huh:?

I think he means Xbox Lite.

Oh..I don't think Xbox Lite is anythign differenet than the orignal Xbox's..just different design?:eek:

EDIT: Damn you Lynxfx!

Fred Gasman
04-27-2003, 10:43 PM
The next wave of xbox's will be smaller and they will have the live software preinstalled.
Oh yea, and their 'gonna be hot pink!
PS: Don't tell anyone you heard this, but the future xbox's will supposedly have flat tops for staking devices (possibly add-on devices). Remember ... SHHHHH!

mailman
04-28-2003, 01:05 AM
i just know there is an xbox lite, and this one will be smaller than the original.

Tix
04-28-2003, 05:46 AM
yeah i knew about an "Xbox Lite" but there's no Xbox 1.5....:eek:

Variation-XBA
04-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Same thing when PSX relesed the smaller PSone....gotta go buy one if ya want it ;)

CrazyCougar
04-28-2003, 11:35 AM
All the media software , photoeditor and such is coming with the next generation of the xbox. Not the smaller more sleek "Xbox Lite". Which most likely will be introduced at E3. A lot of folks complained about Xbox'x immense size and weight so I guess MS took it to heart for those folks.

natewebb
04-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
All the media software , photoeditor and such is coming with the next generation of the xbox. Not the smaller more sleek "Xbox Lite". Which most likely will be introduced at E3. A lot of folks complained about Xbox'x immense size and weight so I guess MS took it to heart for those folks.

I'm not worried. I already have cool software like photoediting and mp3 player on my xbox. I've got 1300 photos on it and it's great for showing slide shows. My favorite software plays Widescreen DVDs as fullscreeen. I dont really like widescreen format on a 27" TV

LynxFX
04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by natewebb
My favorite software plays Widescreen DVDs as fullscreeen. I dont really like widescreen format on a 27"TV.

Blasphemy!! :yikes: :cry:

DragonlordFrodo
04-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by natewebb

I'm not worried. I already have cool software like photoediting and mp3 player on my xbox. I've got 1300 photos on it and it's great for showing slide shows. My favorite software plays Widescreen DVDs as fullscreeen. I dont really like widescreen format on a 27" TV

How do you get photoeditor on your xbox?

strangefate
04-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah XBox Lite was definitely what I meant, but at a time it was called 1.5 (when it was just rumor), and I couldn't remember the lite appendix. Anyway, are you sure the media player and the like is coming with the nextgen xbox, because I do remember reading that XB Lite will have it.

strangefate
04-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DragonlordFrodo

How do you get photoeditor on your xbox?

You have to get a modchip, and then install one of the various new 'dashboard' programs. The XBox can become very expansive with features once you have done this. My favorite is the ability to play ROMs. This will of course void your warranty as well as prevent you from playing on XBox Live as MS bans anyone who has changed their BIOS, and that is the reason that I have not done it.

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 06:42 PM
I hope that XBox Lite will have the ability to be put up sideways.... :watchout:

X-Factor
04-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I hope that XBox Lite will have the ability to be put up sideways.... :watchout: Like the PS2, eh Maximus?;)

BTW, I haven't seen you forever Maximus, what the f#@k???:watchout:

bretman1234
04-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I hope that XBox Lite will have the ability to be put up sideways.... :watchout:

Why would you want your xbox to be put up sideways??!!

I heard that the sideways thing was the reason that the PS2 laser comes out of place and stops reading discs after a while. This has happened to 3 people I know that have ps2, as when they tried to play games, it read Disc Drive Error. The laser came out of place and could no longer read the games!

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:37 PM
yea i wouldnt worry about any xbox 1. anything before e3 rolls around, with price drops on xbox 1 i dunno if MS will invest in 1.5 and lose even more money before going into xbox2.

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 08:04 PM
well thats stupid