PDA

View Full Version : More Counter-Strike Xbox details...

GokuX
04-28-2003, 01:49 AM
From http://www.ritualistic.com/

-CSX will offer all of the current CS material, the new Condition Zero content, and exclusive content including two weapons (Syringe and Machete), two solo missions, and at least five multiplayer maps

-CSX exclusive graphical enhancements include 24-bit texture quality, improved lighting and particle effects, and new color schemes

-Support for a widescreen aspect ratio and 480p progressive scan mode enhances the visuals and DD 5.1 provides an incredibly realistic soundscape

-Geometry of levels will be altered to account for the loss of precision that comes with the controller-interface; focus on horizontally-oriented action

-Hacks will be virtually eliminated from the closed gaming network that is Xbox Live; PKers and idlers will be automatically kicked from servers by Valve's anti-cheat software

I think the last one is the most important for all concerned.

NINE BREAKER
04-28-2003, 03:15 AM
Sounds great. I, among many many others, am looking forward to this game, and I mean really. Next month is the re-lease, right? I read that somewhere, not sure where, but is that correct?

Uchiha Sasuke
04-28-2003, 06:46 AM
Oh I can't wait for this game.Going to be the bomb.Gotta make sure to invest in a keyboard and mouse cause I know I won't beable to do **** with the controller.Thanks for the updated news Goku.

Variation-XBA
04-28-2003, 11:26 AM
******.....stop making me want this more and more.....

Im really hyped about the user made lvls that can be downloaded though...and the "no cheaters" thing.. :)

Duke
04-28-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm just curious what they mean about "virtually" eliminated. Does that mean still some cheating or that they can't anticipate what might happen in the future.

Diddy
04-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Well the HLGuard seems to work pretty well with HalfLife onlien right now, so if they integrate that with CS:CZ then it should be fine. Cuz i know u cant alter any files on the CD of CS. And thats essentially wut cheating/hacking is, altering files allowing you to do things you wouldnt be normally allowed to do.

And when does this beast come out, i want CS now!

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 06:01 PM
All I can say is: Beware of The D.D.C. http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/2guns.gif

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:07 PM
wow dude, i officially love u for that info :'(

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 08:00 PM
i think i had an overdose from this on pc