PDA

View Full Version : XBox repair

Blutox
04-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Had the dvd drive in my xbox replaced last week and it runs great. MS did a nice job of getting my system back to me fast. It was a launch box and it needed a new drive. My only beef was that I had to call MS support on a hunch, not because of a known recall. I had the system for over a year and figured it was way out of warranty. I was really only calling xbox support to see if MS would actually stand behind their product. Much to my surprise they did and they covered shipping as well. So to all those who are new adoptors and bought an early box, send it in if your having a hard time getting your xbox to read media, or are having to reboot your system in the middle of games.

Variation-XBA
04-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Wow they covered shipping as well?

How was much the basic repair then?

When mine dies, I was thinkin about getting a new one..

CrazyCougar
04-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Yes they cover everything. They send you the box via courier. All you do is pack it up, and call the courier to come get it. MS promises it back to you in 10 days max. Pretty good deal. Still expect the price to drop to 149 in a few weeks anyhow, so i'll be buying a second xbox as a backup.

Buccaneer21
04-28-2003, 06:33 PM
I have a launch Xbox and have been getting dirty disk messages so I called them and like everybody said they are repairng it for free and paying for shipping. Damn I love Xbox:cry: :hail:

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Yes they cover everything. They send you the box via courier. All you do is pack it up, and call the courier to come get it. MS promises it back to you in 10 days max. Pretty good deal. Still expect the price to drop to 149 in a few weeks anyhow, so i'll be buying a second xbox as a backup.

Going down to $149? Geeeez...I must live in a cave.

By the way, I have two XBoxes now :D