PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto III\Vice City for Xbox (2004)

ARONO129
04-28-2003, 04:22 PM
As you can see GTA III and GTA Vice City are coming to the Xbox in 2004. Are you excited about it? Take the poll.

Dre
04-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
As you can see GTA III and GTA Vice City are coming to the Xbox in 2004.

How can I see this? Where is the announcement... am I the only one left in the dark here?? I hope this isn't just wishful thinking!

LynxFX
04-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Dre, check the front page. :)

Like I said in my comment to the news, I have mixed feelings. It is great that the Xbox is getting this killer title, but by the time it does come out, it will be pointless. I've already played GTA3 on not one, but two different systems, the PS2 and the PC. Why would I want to do it a third time? Vice City? Played it on the PS2 already, and the PC version is coming in a few weeks. Same scenario. Now if it was coming out the same time as the PC version, then yeah there would be more incentive to get it. Or if we were getting GTA4 the same time as the PS2 or even just a bit after then that would be fine. But 2 game version back? I don't think so.

The only people I see getting excited are those that have been living under a rock and don't have a friend with a PS2 or a PC.

But maybe Rockstar will do something special with the GC and Xbox version. Perhaps they try to take it online? Up the graphics? Do something that makes it not just another 2 year later port, which I think is a slam in the face.

Xbox Owner
04-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Dre

How can I see this? Where is the announcement... am I the only one left in the dark here?? I hope this isn't just wishful thinking!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/

lol.

LongBow
04-28-2003, 05:08 PM
*stabs GTA franchise to death in a waterfall of blood and pink stained bone chunks.*
Die GTA Die!:cuss:

Liquid Gears
04-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Since when was GTA coming to the XBox anyway? I haven't heard anything on this. Anyone gotta a link?

I F'n love the GTA, GTAIII & Vice City are by far one of the best games ever made. If this rumour is true, I'm definitely picking up Vice City

MerimacHamwich
04-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Since when was GTA coming to the XBox anyway? I haven't heard anything on this. Anyone gotta a link?

I F'n love the GTA, GTAIII & Vice City are by far one of the best games ever made. If this rumour is true, I'm definitely picking up Vice City
How ignorant can you be?
:rolleyes:

LynxFX
04-28-2003, 05:20 PM

Posted not once, but twice.

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Neat, another port.

But, then again, it's pretty cool for those who are fans of GTA3 and GTA Vice City. Good news for them, though, I don't plan on getting either one when they come out.

They only way I would consider buying them is if they both came available with progressive scan up to 1080i and they polished up the graphics....a lot!

Gameplay-wise, GTA3 and GTA Vice City are simply awesome. I wish Dead to Rights and similar type titles utilized the simplistic gameplay that the GTA series uses. But, after a few hours with any version of GTA, I get really bored.

ARONO129
04-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I still think that getting GTA III and Vice City will be a big boost for the Xbox. I'll bet that Rockstar will continue to make the GTA series for the Xbox and release GTA 4 the same time the PS2 version comes out or shortly after.

The GTA series is the only thing IMO that the PS2 had over the Xbox and we will be getting it.

Young_Fledgling
04-28-2003, 06:22 PM
when is this coming out???

Shadow20002
04-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Huh...don't know if i will get any good feeling when i play a old version of GTA. Anyway, if they will add LIVE to this, cool to get. :cool:

greendog97
04-28-2003, 06:46 PM
I loved GTA III but don't really like playing PC games. So i can't wait for this to come out on Xbox.

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:09 PM
only if they sold them at budget price or made them into one disc, why would most of us want to spend money on that crap when both will be well over a year old each.

Young_Fledgling
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
so when is it coming out?

VenoM
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
i think the game is lame but i like to see what the anti-nintendo xbox/ps2 fanboys have to say now about the big N being "kiddie" since its going to gamcube..... i guess you haters of nintendo aint saying nintendo is kiddie now,right? or you'll just keep calling it kiddie no matter what game is on it :rolleyes: the only good thing i see about this is that gta sells systems which will help sell more xbox's and gamecube's and thats always a cool thing imo

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 07:59 PM
i played ti for ps2 and loved it, cant wait

kornavs19
04-28-2003, 09:38 PM
MAN!
I wish they would have done this when i liked the game..I used to post threads upon threads about GTA series coming to Xbox..I wanted it so bad , i used to say the game would never get old either..Well after my bro got it and i played it everyday and beat it easily then ran around and did nothing for about a week, i got bored.. Vice city came out, little bt of a change but not MUCH..So i got bored of that quickly and now am not interested in the series...GTA4 i might not even consider renting, if they make one..
But im sure it will sell big oXBOX cause there are many people that like that game and wil still buy it regardless of having it already or not..
It was like the HALO of ps2...
So its gotta sell some for the xbox..Thats like if we gave ps2 HALO..Except HALO is a billion times better so of course it would sell..

kenji
04-28-2003, 09:38 PM
I don't know. All my friend are giving me crap about not having GTA. I think that we should get something for giving PS2 Splintercell.

Liquid Gears
04-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

How ignorant can you be?

What's your problem kid? Does that offend you or something? The GTA games have turned out to be a great series, what's so bad about GTA games that you don't like?

ARONO129
04-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
i think the game is lame but i like to see what the anti-nintendo xbox/ps2 fanboys have to say now about the big N being "kiddie" since its going to gamcube..... i guess you haters of nintendo aint saying nintendo is kiddie now,right? or you'll just keep calling it kiddie no matter what game is on it :rolleyes: the only good thing i see about this is that gta sells systems which will help sell more xbox's and gamecube's and thats always a cool thing imo

Hopefully the GC will survive long enough to get the game.

Brevity
04-28-2003, 11:09 PM
"This is not a joke -- believe it!

April 28, 2003 - After Rockstar Games fulfills its agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment America at year's end 2004 (with the sequel to GTA: Vice City), it will immediately publish Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on GameCube and Xbox, reports Yahoo News.

The article, which focuses on the upcoming rash of mature-rated games, thanks to the immense success of GTA III and GTA: Vice City, includes a conversation with Take-Two Chief Executive Jeffrey Lapin, and new release dates for Project Manhunt, The Warriors and Max Payne 2.

According to Yahoo News, Project Manhunt is due in October 2003, while both The Warriors and Max Payne 2 are due in 2005, the same year the next generation of systems are believed to be launched. The systems on which these games would appear was not revealed. Which leads us to believe -- speculatively, of course -- that both of those games will appear on the next generation of systems (i.e. PS3, GameCube 2, Xbox 2 and the Phantom 2, etc.).

Although we spoke with Rockstar Games officials today, the company's policy is to not comment on rumors. A source close to Rockstar Games said that the information in the article is definitely not concrete, but is possible.

"We don't really announce the Rockstar games until very close to release because we don't want anybody copying us," Lapin said in the story.

Of equal interest is that the Rockstar's potential move to put GTA III and GTA: Vice City on Nintendo's GameCube and Microsoft's Xbox. One month after Rockstar publishes the next GTA game (due in 2004) and completes its exclusivity agreement with SCEA, it will publish GTA III and GTA: Vice City on GameCube and Xbox.
-- IGN"
:watchout:

ARONO129
04-28-2003, 11:11 PM

I agree I sure was excited to see the headline on the front page here. It is a great game.

VenoM
04-28-2003, 11:39 PM

Hopefully the GC will survive long enough to get the game.

uh..yea sure...zelda only broke all preorder records :rolleyes: and capcom isnt really making all them exclusives ..........i think i heard this back in the N64 days.....did nintendo64 die right away? nope .....wasnt for nintendo there wouldnt be a playstation or xbox so you shall all bow to nintendo :hail: and stop hating :D

MrSlam
04-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Who cares, GTA 3 and vice city were awesome but the way I see it halo 2 will be out by then and everyone who has an xbox will be playing that 24/7 and whoever doesn't will be either getting an xbox, wishing they had an xbox, or wishing halo 2 would come out for their console.

frog11983
04-29-2003, 01:29 AM
ah man, i got all hyped up about this last time everyone thought that gta was going to come out on the xbox. i don't think i'll let myself get all hyped up again, that sucked:cuss:

i would like to see gta4 on xbox though. hopefully they do a total make over though, it kinda needs it.

Insane Jester
04-29-2003, 07:32 AM
ill be buying it ..

Brevity
04-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Two things, since I own both right now NE way.
*I think they should start at the same price as State of Emergency, 20$
*You have heard that GTA was hacked and made multi player for the PC? Well thats what I heard, NE way thats what they should do is make it XBL multiplayer and put both games on one disc and link the two cities for one REALLY BIG MMO type thing, where You can buy your own joint and all. THAT MY FRIENDS WOULD ROCK!

mattgame
04-29-2003, 12:16 PM
The news is good and bad. First of all, it may help the sales of the Xbox. On the other hand, if the games are old and they should not be sold at the regular price. I holla!!!!!

EHWfedPres
04-29-2003, 12:30 PM
thats great news...regardless of wether or not you like the game.

carlbme
04-29-2003, 01:22 PM
If it were to be coming out soon, maybe. But near the end of 2004 (or anywhere in 2004)...not excited at all.

By then it will be a bit too old. And after already having the games for the PC, unless they totally redo them graphics wise, etc..

I'll pass.

EHWfedPres
04-29-2003, 02:09 PM
I havent played either of them in quite some time (got bored with gta3 and vice city was the same thing), but in a year, i think i'd like to play them again. And they better do something about the graphics, those 2 games look like complete n64 crap.

Liquid Gears
04-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Man.......I keep thinking GTA4 is GTA: Vice City.

Yeah...uhh, why doesn't XBox get GTA4? Why do all the XBox owners ALWAYS have to wait one year for games that Playstation released. Is XBox ever gonna take the time to fix this problem

Viper87227
04-29-2003, 03:43 PM
I still think that getting GTA III and Vice City will be a big boost for the Xbox. I'll bet that Rockstar will continue to make the GTA series for the Xbox and release GTA 4 the same time the PS2 version comes out or shortly after.

The GTA series is the only thing IMO that the PS2 had over the Xbox and we will be getting it.

I doubt that GTA 4 will be same time for both systems seeing as how Vice and GTA3 are coming out on Xbox AFTER GTA4 on PS2. Since the GTA games ususally release in intervals of a year to a half a year dont expect GTA4 on xbox till early/mid 2005 (which means it might even end up on Xbox 2 as a launch title, who knows)

LTM360
04-29-2003, 06:45 PM
The fact that GTA:Vice City is comming out for Xbox ****es me off so bad I cant stand it. The 18 people who said 'yes' should be ashamed of yourself to even be happy that IMO "The Worst Game Ever" is comming to the best system out. No way in hell will I buy this piece of money making, **** game if my life depended on it!

MerimacHamwich
04-29-2003, 06:59 PM
How could you miss interpret what I said LG? My god you have problems. LynxFX posted pretty much the exact same thing as me...

JimmieDoogan
04-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Who cares about GTA anymore anyway... if you haven't played it by now chances are you have no desire to. And if you haven't and still want to buy enless they both come out at 20 bucks or come in one pack, I'd say it's not worth your money. I hope they don't sell for sheizer when it comes out... if only to prove to Rockstar that we don't want their regergitated crap. If they make a new game fine, but I for one will not be wasting my cash on it. Mind you... I'm only bitter because I'm tired of companies doing shoddy port jobs on they're games thinking that it's worthy of being put into our Xbox's. That's ok for PS2... I have one, I play crap on it. I don't want to play REHASHED crap on my Xbox. We deserve new games... ones designed from the ground up for our big machine... not CRAP ported from PS2 like EA makes. Granted they're good games, but with little improvment. The only improvment that would make me buy GTA on Xbox is Multiplayer... in the form of online or not, I care not. That's all I'd REBUY Gta for.

If this post enrages you, just ignore it and move on.

Viper87227
04-29-2003, 07:16 PM

uh..yea sure...zelda only broke all preorder records :rolleyes: and capcom isnt really making all them exclusives ..........i think i heard this back in the N64 days.....did nintendo64 die right away? nope .....wasnt for nintendo there wouldnt be a playstation or xbox so you shall all bow to nintendo :hail: and stop hating :D

even tho this is o/t i feel i must comment on it.

Nintendo = Kick ass. They are the fathers of video gaming (sega being the mothers :D )

gamecube = a high tech fisher price piece of crap

gc game = mostly crap for apealing to the fisher price age group

IMO GC is a powerhouse stuff into a kiddy litle purple cube. CG w/ a new color, steriods, and ratio of 5:1 or so mature games instead of like 20:1 everyone games and it would be a good sytem. Also they would need to dtich the *** disks and go to DVD rom! IMO nintendo will die eventually, and they dyg there own grave by appealing to the wrong age group. Nuff said!

VenoM
04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

even tho this is o/t i feel i must comment on it.

Nintendo = Kick ass. They are the fathers of video gaming (sega being the mothers :D )

gamecube = a high tech fisher price piece of crap

gc game = mostly crap for apealing to the fisher price age group

IMO GC is a powerhouse stuff into a kiddy litle purple cube. CG w/ a new color, steriods, and ratio of 5:1 or so mature games instead of like 20:1 everyone games and it would be a good sytem. Also they would need to dtich the *** disks and go to DVD rom! IMO nintendo will die eventually, and they dyg there own grave by appealing to the wrong age group. Nuff said!

yea sure...resident evil0-3 and new part 4 coming soon,now gta has been announced,eternal darkness,bmx xxx,007,metroid,die hard,splinter cell,mortal kombat,blood omen 2,bloodrayne,hitman 2,ghost recon,hunter,medal of honor,red faction 2,rogue squadron..theres more too :rolleyes: if you consider the gamecube kiddie your blind and dont know what kiddie is...the so called kiddie games like mario,starfox,pikmin,monkey ball are better then some of the mature crap there is out there thats for sure....fact of the matter is gamecube has the best games overall out of the 3 systems, they offer mature and non-violent games(not that ps2 or xbox offer non-violent games,they do but there all crap).....a game doesnt have to be violent to be fun though...you guys just dont know .....some of you never played a nes or attari....some of you kids first system was a ps1 ...and why does the small disc bother you? its to stop piracy,i bet ms and sony are kicking themselves for it...cause there the ones losing money cause all there games are being pirated....and it is a dvd-rom..its just small...and there not appealing to the wrong age group..if thats true i wonder why zelda became the most preordered game in history...could it be the older adults that grew up with nintendo made this happen?...the age group you think is not buying nintendo? .....nintendno is the best first party developer and noone can argue that..no other company makes more quality games then them.....now shut your mouth and bow to the masters ......:hail: the Big N will never die :hail: my gamecube is black by the way not purple :confused:

EHWfedPres
04-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
The fact that GTA:Vice City is comming out for Xbox ****es me off so bad I cant stand it. The 18 people who said 'yes' should be ashamed of yourself to even be happy that IMO "The Worst Game Ever" is comming to the best system out. No way in hell will I buy this piece of money making, **** game if my life depended on it!

You forgot that different people have different opinions...and while were on the subject, here's mine...Linkin park sucks balls...:)

bobpriestess
04-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Well, at least the gamecube will get more revenue from the younger audiences. I think it's funny how opposed parents are to this title. This is NOT a complaint mind you, just a thought. The x-box has isolated its market to the largest group of gamers: teen to adult guys with a handful of same age group girls.

ARONO129
04-29-2003, 10:04 PM

yea sure...resident evil0-3 and new part 4 coming soon,now gta has been announced,eternal darkness,bmx xxx,007,metroid,die hard,splinter cell,mortal kombat,blood omen 2,bloodrayne,hitman 2,ghost recon,hunter,medal of honor,red faction 2,rogue squadron..theres more too :rolleyes: if you consider the gamecube kiddie your blind and dont know what kiddie is...the so called kiddie games like mario,starfox,pikmin,monkey ball are better then some of the mature crap there is out there thats for sure....fact of the matter is gamecube has the best games overall out of the 3 systems, they offer mature and non-violent games(not that ps2 or xbox offer non-violent games,they do but there all crap).....a game doesnt have to be violent to be fun though...you guys just dont know .....some of you never played a nes or attari....some of you kids first system was a ps1 ...and why does the small disc bother you? its to stop piracy,i bet ms and sony are kicking themselves for it...cause there the ones losing money cause all there games are being pirated....and it is a dvd-rom..its just small...and there not appealing to the wrong age group..if thats true i wonder why zelda became the most preordered game in history...could it be the older adults that grew up with nintendo made this happen?...the age group you think is not buying nintendo? .....nintendno is the best first party developer and noone can argue that..no other company makes more quality games then them.....now shut your mouth and bow to the masters ......:hail: the Big N will never die :hail: my gamecube is black by the way not purple :confused:

OK. I still don't like the idea of a 3" disk. Not because it's a 3" disk but because the GC can't play DVD's.

Also why no HD for the GC. What's the excuse for that?

And it's the GBA that's keeping the GC alive. Lets not forget that.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 11:19 AM
yea sure...resident evil0-3 and new part 4 coming soon,now gta has been announced,eternal darkness,bmx xxx,007,metroid,die hard,splinter cell,mortal kombat,blood omen 2,bloodrayne,hitman 2,ghost recon,hunter,medal of honor,red faction 2,rogue squadron..theres more too

Yeah...but how many of those are exclusive to gamecube? :rolleyes:

Gamecube has the smallest amount of console exclusive games, and they are mostly kids games...You can get the multiplatform games on a better system, so why settle for second best?

ARONO129
04-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yeah...but how many of those are exclusive to gamecube? :rolleyes:

Gamecube has the smallest amount of console exclusive games, and they are mostly kids games...You can get the multiplatform games on a better system, so why settle for second best?

Correction. Third best.

VenoM
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM

OK. I still don't like the idea of a 3" disk. Not because it's a 3" disk but because the GC can't play DVD's.

Also why no HD for the GC. What's the excuse for that?

And it's the GBA that's keeping the GC alive. Lets not forget that.

what does size of a disc have to do with anything?? :confused: doesnt even effect gameplay or anything.....they made it this way cause of piracy.....and so far its been working since the gamecube hasnt been cracked but xbox and ps2 has..why? cause there using regular sized dvd's...id say..smart move nintendo......and again...GC is a gaming system..thats been said since the day they announced it..it only plays games...which is why the price is cheaper then the other 2 systems (at $150 USD with a free game its a great price) plus id prefer to watch a dvd movie on a normal dvd player not a game system and im sure many more people on here agree....dvd playback on consoles aint so good...not better then regular players and as for the HD..your right,thats one thing xbox has GC and PS2 beat on and thats one thing that makes xbox cool but im sure the next consoles coming out will have a HD built in...(and i know ps2 has a HD but they probably wont release that thing in the usa,its not even supported in ever game in japan...only one i know of is ffxi) and gba keeping the gamecube alive is a straight out lie....there different markets..ones hand held and ones home console....very different...so different that even MS is making GBA games...if your statement was true then i think MS would never consider about making a game like oddworld on the GBA...so thats proof that GBA does not effect the sales of GC so its not keeping the GC alive(the quality nintendo games are)...no idea where ya got that from and i wasnt saying which console can handle multiplatform games better i was only showing ya guys that gc does have mature titles but either way people always ignore it and call it kiddie anyways so it makes no difference i guess...gc can have a game that you go around chopping peoples legs off and blowing there brains out and people will still call gc kiddie...you dont know what kiddie is...3rd best?..i guess thats your opinion arno but hardware wise gc is second best and as for quality games..i believe its 1st place..but i guess thats just my opinion :p

Liquid Gears
04-30-2003, 09:36 PM
I can't believe this amount of people don't want GTA to come to the XBox. Why why why

ARONO129
04-30-2003, 11:33 PM

what does size of a disc have to do with anything?? :confused: doesnt even effect gameplay or anything.....they made it this way cause of piracy.....and so far its been working since the gamecube hasnt been cracked but xbox and ps2 has..why? cause there using regular sized dvd's...id say..smart move nintendo......and again...GC is a gaming system..thats been said since the day they announced it..it only plays games...which is why the price is cheaper then the other 2 systems (at $150 USD with a free game its a great price) plus id prefer to watch a dvd movie on a normal dvd player not a game system and im sure many more people on here agree....dvd playback on consoles aint so good...not better then regular players and as for the HD..your right,thats one thing xbox has GC and PS2 beat on and thats one thing that makes xbox cool but im sure the next consoles coming out will have a HD built in...(and i know ps2 has a HD but they probably wont release that thing in the usa,its not even supported in ever game in japan...only one i know of is ffxi) and gba keeping the gamecube alive is a straight out lie....there different markets..ones hand held and ones home console....very different...so different that even MS is making GBA games...if your statement was true then i think MS would never consider about making a game like oddworld on the GBA...so thats proof that GBA does not effect the sales of GC so its not keeping the GC alive(the quality nintendo games are)...no idea where ya got that from and i wasnt saying which console can handle multiplatform games better i was only showing ya guys that gc does have mature titles but either way people always ignore it and call it kiddie anyways so it makes no difference i guess...gc can have a game that you go around chopping peoples legs off and blowing there brains out and people will still call gc kiddie...you dont know what kiddie is...3rd best?..i guess thats your opinion arno but hardware wise gc is second best and as for quality games..i believe its 1st place..but i guess thats just my opinion :p

Ironic how Nintendo is so concerned with piracy that they utilize 3" disks and piracy sure hasn't hurt PS2 or Xbox sales.

Too bad Nintendo's paranoia comes at the expense of the consumer. Isn't the Xbox $199 USD with TWO free games? The Sega bundle pack.

So basically for $50 USD more you get TWO games with the Xbox and a HD.

True some people choose not to use the PS2 or Xbox DVD but it's there if you need it.

Very difficult to defend a third place console with no HD, no DVD capabilities and ONE online game. You are very noble.

MerimacHamwich
04-30-2003, 11:35 PM

Ironic how Nintendo is so concerned with piracy that they utilize 3" disks and piracy sure hasn't hurt PS2 or Xbox sales.

Too bad Nintendo's paranoia comes at the expense of the consumer. Isn't the Xbox $199 USD with TWO free games? The Sega bundle pack.

True some people choose not to use the PS2 or Xbox HD but it's there if you need it.

Very difficult to defend a third place console with no HD, no DVD capabilities and ONE online game. You are very noble.

You cannot choose to use the harddrive if you want to. Games are programed for the Xbox to use the Harddrive. That is what the 2gig partition is used for. Cache"ing" in games. Preloading things.

ARONO129
04-30-2003, 11:40 PM

You cannot choose to use the harddrive if you want to. Games are programed for the Xbox to use the Harddrive. That is what the 2gig partition is used for. Cache"ing" in games. Preloading things.

Big OOPS That should read DVD. :watchout:

Reclaimer
04-30-2003, 11:45 PM
I can't believe this amount of people don't want GTA to come to the XBox. Why why why

Because it will be just another port of a game with so-so graphics for the xbox. I think True Crime will be the best bet here.

VenoM
05-01-2003, 12:06 AM

True some people choose not to use the PS2 or Xbox HD but it's there if you need it.

if you can stop piracy why wouldnt you...you think ms and sony want there games pirated? it does hurt xbox or ps2 sells, think how much money those companies would of had if there system was pirate proof...im sure some pirates would of bought a game instead of downloading it.....and for the bundle right now i'll admit xbox has the best deal...2 games,hd,ethernet built in but the only reason they need to do all this is cause they have to prove themselves in this console war...there the rookies..nintendo and sony arent the ones that have to prove anything...especially nintendo thats been in this game since the 80's....and like i said before regular stand on dvd players are better then any consoles playback.......normal dvds are cheap nowadays...almost everybody has one and if you want dvd playback so bad with your gamecube go get a panasonic Q... and besides, do you buy systems to use as a dvd player or to play games? :rolleyes:

WynnFire
05-01-2003, 12:47 AM
I will stick with the PC versions for now. Mainly because of the higher resolutions and modding.

Liquid Gears
05-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Because it will be just another port of a game with so-so graphics for the xbox. I think True Crime will be the best bet here.

Never played it, but between it & The Getaway. What do you think is best?

BTW: Is True Crime out to rent yet?

X-Fan
05-01-2003, 01:20 AM

Never played it, but between it & The Getaway. What do you think is best?

BTW: Is True Crime out to rent yet?
lg buddy!plz start paying attention or u will always end up making a foll outa urself!true crime is in development!!!ok?also the sales of gta3 on xbox will determine more rockstar game's future on xbox so i will be buying it!

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 01:21 AM

if you can stop piracy why wouldnt you...you think ms and sony want there games pirated? it does hurt xbox or ps2 sells, think how much money those companies would of had if there system was pirate proof...im sure some pirates would of bought a game instead of downloading it.....and for the bundle right now i'll admit xbox has the best deal...2 games,hd,ethernet built in but the only reason they need to do all this is cause they have to prove themselves in this console war...there the rookies..nintendo and sony arent the ones that have to prove anything...especially nintendo thats been in this game since the 80's....and like i said before regular stand on dvd players are better then any consoles playback.......normal dvds are cheap nowadays...almost everybody has one and if you want dvd playback so bad with your gamecube go get a panasonic Q... and besides, do you buy systems to use as a dvd player or to play games? :rolleyes:

Geeeeeeeeez, VenoM...I've never seen such a huge Nintendo fanboy in quite a long time. Congrats... :eek:

Nintendo does have some cool exclusives. I will admit, I was one of the most sceptical dudes about the new cell shaded Zelda...but, after playing it, I was extremely impressed. Not impressed enough to go out and buy the purple easy bake oven, but, nonetheless, impressed :D But, it's still a very kid-like game. Even the unreasonable could reason with that.

I also will admit that the "Kiddie Cube" is becoming a little more "mature" these days due to the release of ported mature titles running on it's system. Of course, I'm not discounted the mature exclusives that the system has, too. But, you have to admit, the Gamecube is primarily marketed to younger audiences, yet, contains mature titles to hopefully boost sales from older audiences. The term "Kiddie Cube" certainly isn't new and it's not going to go away any time soon...just accept the nickname, you'll enjoy life much more.

As for GTA coming to the Gamecube...why would anyone be surprised about that? Rockstar is obviously going to try and capitalize the sales of the game(s) by putting it on all available consoles...they did this with the PC...why not all the other consoles? To me, referencing GTA as "OH YEAH! HOW KIDDIE IS THE GAMECUBE NOW WITH GTA!? HUH....HUH!?" is kind of an insecure sounding message. Who gives a rat's ass? I think the game is okay...but, after several hours of it, it's just bound to sit and collect dust...the game's replay value hugs nutz....and graphically, it's no milestone...and certainly doesn't hold a candle to games like Halo and the upcoming Brute Force slated for XBox in May. Gamecube is definately far more capable of producing better graphics than GTA boasts. The XBox moreso. I'll definately be passing on GTA unless they tailor the game to each console's applicable features.

Liquid Gears
05-01-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan

lg buddy!plz start paying attention or u will always end up making a foll outa urself!true crime is in development!!!ok?also the sales of gta3 on xbox will determine more rockstar game's future on xbox so i will be buying it!

Sorry pal! I haven't been paying much attention to video games cause I've been concentrating heavily on my Landscaping course in College for the last year. You know concentrating on my future? When your in College you don't get as much spare time to being addicted to video games as you do in High School.

Now that I just finished my first year last week, I'm just starting to get caught up with everything that's been going on in the video gaming department. So next time you might want to ask why I haven't been paying attention to gaming lately and not be a jack@ss about it. Got it!

VenoM
05-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Geeeeeeeeez, VenoM...I've never seen such a huge Nintendo fanboy in quite a long time. Congrats... :eek:

Nintendo does have some cool exclusives. I will admit, I was one of the most sceptical dudes about the new cell shaded Zelda...but, after playing it, I was extremely impressed. Not impressed enough to go out and buy the purple easy bake oven, but, nonetheless, impressed :D But, it's still a very kid-like game. Even the unreasonable could reason with that.

I also will admit that the "Kiddie Cube" is becoming a little more "mature" these days due to the release of ported mature titles running on it's system. Of course, I'm not discounted the mature exclusives that the system has, too. But, you have to admit, the Gamecube is primarily marketed to younger audiences, yet, contains mature titles to hopefully boost sales from older audiences. The term "Kiddie Cube" certainly isn't new and it's not going to go away any time soon...just accept the nickname, you'll enjoy life much more.

As for GTA coming to the Gamecube...why would anyone be surprised about that? Rockstar is obviously going to try and capitalize the sales of the game(s) by putting it on all available consoles...they did this with the PC...why not all the other consoles? To me, referencing GTA as "OH YEAH! HOW KIDDIE IS THE GAMECUBE NOW WITH GTA!? HUH....HUH!?" is kind of an insecure sounding message. Who gives a rat's ass? I think the game is okay...but, after several hours of it, it's just bound to sit and collect dust...the game's replay value hugs nutz....and graphically, it's no milestone...and certainly doesn't hold a candle to games like Halo and the upcoming Brute Force slated for XBox in May. Gamecube is definately far more capable of producing better graphics than GTA boasts. The XBox moreso. I'll definately be passing on GTA unless they tailor the game to each console's applicable features.

fanboy?...no im no fanboy i own all 3 systems...a fanboy doesnt go out and buy all 3 and all other previous systems that were out and blow all his money on games for all 3 systems...... im just a gamer but am i loyal to nintendo? damn right i am....i will always respect nintendo for what they have done to the gaming industry..theres no denying the fact that nintendo made this industry what it is today....they revolutionized the home console business...when it died early on they brought back to life in a big way and for that i give them credit and respect....funny thing is when games back in the day like mario bros,duck hunt,zelda,pacman,moon patrol,jungle hunt,popeye(one of my old favs:D ) were out noone talked about how kiddie they were...i guess kids now adays (some adults) are to spoiled with violence that its all they want in games..forgot what fun is all about :( and zelda being kiddie...maxy have you played through the game? dont think so...id like to see a "kiddie" get through that game by himself without any help..same goes for other so called kiddie games like pikmin,mario sunshine,star fox....thats the problem most people dont know what kiddie is...kiddie is some crap like barbie or barney...not just any game thats colorful and cartoony....as for GTA..i dont give a crap about that game anyways,i think its lame..no interest whats so ever only reason why i want it on xbox is cause it will help sell more xbox's.....yea the so called GC fanboy according to maxy wants xbox to sell well.....thats a GC "fanboy" for ya :D

Cloud Strife
05-01-2003, 11:23 AM
I personally don't care for the GTAIII or Vice City. In my opinion, they were some of the worst games I ever played. I happen to be a huge PS2 fan and like over 200 games for that system but GTA3 and Vice City are not on that list. If I wanted GTA3 so badly, I would have bought it on the PS2 since I love the Dual Shock 2 controller and using memory cards. I prefer linear games over open minded ones.

I don't think this is going to make a big difference to Xbox and GC gamers because most of them who wanted it bought the PC version. I also think the GTA games are just a trend and it will die out eventually because they are boring.

Now, I would be much more excited if Xbox were to get a dance/music game, dog walking simulation, anime style game, or any other Japanese title. I will say that GTAIII and Vice City must stay 200 yards away from my PS2.

VenoM
05-01-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Cloud Strife
I personally don't care for the GTAIII or Vice City. In my opinion, they were some of the worst games I ever played. I happen to be a huge PS2 fan and like over 200 games for that system but GTA3 and Vice City are not on that list. If I wanted GTA3 so badly, I would have bought it on the PS2 since I love the Dual Shock 2 controller and using memory cards. I prefer linear games over open minded ones.

I don't think this is going to make a big difference to Xbox and GC gamers because most of them who wanted it bought the PC version. I also think the GTA games are just a trend and it will die out eventually because they are boring.

Now, I would be much more excited if Xbox were to get a dance/music game, dog walking simulation, anime style game, or any other Japanese title. I will say that GTAIII and Vice City must stay 200 yards away from my PS2.

hold on one sec :eek: Burning Ranger is that you??

edit: it is Burning Ranger :D check out his review of GunV:

Overall / Summary: I feel that Gunvalkyrie is one of my favorite Xbox games. It reminds me a lot of Burning Rangers on Sega Saturn. The game can get pretty tough, but very rewarding.

well,looks like he is BR...i think :confused:

LynxFX
05-01-2003, 03:35 PM

hold on one sec :eek: Burning Ranger is that you??

and a dog walking simulation game??? whats up with that?? very weird :watchout: you guys dont have real dogs in japan you could walk? but course you cant be in Japan cause you sound just like Burning Ranger :D and hes in the USA ....thought you wouldnt be back BR,guess you meant you wouldnt be back using the name Burning Ranger
Yes it is Burning Ranger. I wonder who changed his name....

MerimacHamwich
05-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Listen to that things taste in games. Talk about a puppet. Dog walking simulation? Any Japanese title? Not anything open minded? Yeesh. I honestly cannot believe that he is not joking. I never new people of this prejiduced caliber exist anymore!

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 05:51 PM
I know in my desision to get an xbox.I loked at xbox and ps2.Xbox obviously had better graphics but the fact that it had better graphics AND a dvd player which is actually descent, havnt had a problem, that was a definate for me..I use Xbox for both games and dvds...

The only reason gamecube has gotten more mature is cause the mature rated ports that they have ported like said b4..But i thnk the reason there doing that is cause all there other cra*py kiddy games arent selling enough so now they need REAL games..

VenoM
05-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
I know in my desision to get an xbox.I loked at xbox and ps2.Xbox obviously had better graphics but the fact that it had better graphics AND a dvd player which is actually descent, havnt had a problem, that was a definate for me..I use Xbox for both games and dvds...

The only reason gamecube has gotten more mature is cause the mature rated ports that they have ported like said b4..But i thnk the reason there doing that is cause all there other cra*py kiddy games arent selling enough so now they need REAL games..

yea resident evil 0-1,4 ,eternal darkness,too human,the new recently announced remake of mgs1 are very exclusive "kiddie" games :rolleyes: give me a break,you dont know what kiddie is..... and as for so called "kiddie" games arent selling......where have you been? mario,zelda,pokemon(which i will admit pokemon is kiddie) but im sure you consider zelda and mario kiddie sell like crazy...everybody knows there system sellers so what are you talking about??? people that grew up with nintendo are the ones buying this stuff the most(mario,zelda)..... i can tell youve never had the pleasure of owning and playing the nes or snes though...this ps1 generation is truly brainwashed that they dont know whats the difference between a kiddie/good game really is all about :watchout:

and how dare you be a avs fan?? your from new york..whats wrong with you :D what about the rangers or islanders..geez

GrizzlySuit
05-01-2003, 06:41 PM
i hope the graphics are better... cause i personally think the graphics on the ps2 versions weren't very good

MerimacHamwich
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Grizzly, that was an understatement. The graphics in both GTA3 and GTA3: Vice City were pretty darn horrible.

bobpriestess
05-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I've been playing since Atari Jaguar, so I resent the comments of the people thinking "XBA NOOB-probably doesn't know anything but PS1". ummm, try again. But enough personal defense, how about those 'kiddie' games? personally, I love Zelda, but once I got a look at the gamecube's new Zelda title I learned to hate bad use of what should be good graphics potential. Granted Zelda does look nice as a cartoon, but the WW is ridiculus. I keep waiting for the 'new' Link to scream, "I choose you Epona!" Whatever to the moderated crayon style of the N64? Hence the black and green beauty in my entertainment center. As for the kiddie games, I don't disown them for lack of maturity, but for lack of originality and refinement, not to mention general formal elements such as CONTINUITY.
Does this make titles like GTA better? of course not. I personally prefer a good adventure/stratagy title; beating up prostitutes just isn't my thing. They're people too.
Solution: Something that will please both fields of gamers hitting the extremes of the spectrum-PC versions of dead or dying titles.

Perhaps I'm a bit too self centered there.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Grizzly, that was an understatement. The graphics in both GTA3 and GTA3: Vice City were pretty darn horrible.

more like n64 horrible...

ARONO129
05-01-2003, 08:00 PM

Prove themselves or not MS has the most powerful, upgradable, and best valued console with a built in HD and ethernet, and for under $30 USD you can use it as a DVD player. Whether people choose to use the DVD it's up to them but who couldn't use a second DVD player?

And if Nintendo is so experienced in the console industry then for G-d's sake include a HD and ethernet port. (Although Nintendo's online plans are a joke). Not including them is a step in the past not the future.

Looks like nintendo threw a cheap console together figuring that people would buy anything just to play Mario 5 and Zelda 11. BTW how much does the Panasonic Q cost in USD today? Does it have a HD?

*Mentions the Panasonic Q and awaits SF*

VenoM
05-01-2003, 08:27 PM

Prove themselves or not MS has the most powerful, upgradable, and best valued console with a built in HD and ethernet, and for under $30 USD you can use it as a DVD player. Whether people choose to use the DVD it's up to them but who couldn't use a second DVD player?

And if Nintendo is so experienced in the console industry then for G-d's sake include a HD and ethernet port. (Although Nintendo's online plans are a joke). Not including them is a step in the past not the future.

Looks like nintendo threw a cheap console together figuring that people would buy anything just to play Mario 5 and Zelda 11. BTW how much does the Panasonic Q cost in USD today? Does it have a HD?

*Mentions the Panasonic Q and awaits SF*

like i said before..only reason why ms has all the good stuff included in the xbox is cause there new at this console stuff...right now what they are trying to do is attarct people to xbox in order to have more success with xbox 2 hoping the people who bought xbox 1 will buy 2 just like sony did with there ps1 which is why ps2 is the most sold system..its all about fan base and by adding all those neat extras ms wants to attract more people to xbox....not putting xbox down or anything...love the xbox and what it can do and it is the best deal out there out of the 3 but diss a system just cause it doesnt have dvd and hd support is ridicules...and yea nintendo isnt focusing on online play which i wish they would but does that make the GC a horrible system?..course not..you yourself said along time ago how cool resident evil was :D ...re 4 is looking sweet....metroid is great,re0,mario,smash bros,all them capcom exclusives which look neat,new metal gear remake,too human,eternal darkness....i mean why wouldnt you like the cube??...150 with 4 or 5 games to choose from and soon they'll add zelda as a choice to buy the system with.....i see xbox and gamcube as the best combination to have side by side...as for the gamecube Q..its to freaking expensive since its an import at around 430 something last time i checked you might as well buy a separate dvd player or just use your xbox or even computer..dont understand why no dvd movie playback makes it a bad system...when truly its the games that makes a system what it is...and there was a rumor awhile ago about hd in gamcube but that was a long time ago..me i can case less...as long as i can save my games im alright with a memcard :D and yea i bought my gamecube to play zelda 22 and metroid 15 and mario 45 :) them games never get old to me and im sure many people agree...i'll be playing halo 29 on xbox 2 as well ;)

ARONO129
05-01-2003, 08:28 PM

fanboy?...no im no fanboy i own all 3 systems...a fanboy doesnt go out and buy all 3 and all other previous systems that were out and blow all his money on games for all 3 systems...... im just a gamer but am i loyal to nintendo? damn right i am....i will always respect nintendo for what they have done to the gaming industry..theres no denying the fact that nintendo made this industry what it is today....they revolutionized the home console business...when it died early on they brought back to life in a big way and for that i give them credit and respect....funny thing is when games back in the day like mario bros,duck hunt,zelda,pacman,moon patrol,jungle hunt,popeye(one of my old favs:D ) were out noone talked about how kiddie they were...i guess kids now adays (some adults) are to spoiled with violence that its all they want in games..forgot what fun is all about :( and zelda being kiddie...maxy have you played through the game? dont think so...id like to see a "kiddie" get through that game by himself without any help..same goes for other so called kiddie games like pikmin,mario sunshine,star fox....thats the problem most people dont know what kiddie is...kiddie is some crap like barbie or barney...not just any game thats colorful and cartoony....as for GTA..i dont give a crap about that game anyways,i think its lame..no interest whats so ever only reason why i want it on xbox is cause it will help sell more xbox's.....yea the so called GC fanboy according to maxy wants xbox to sell well.....thats a GC "fanboy" for ya :D

To each his own but I would credit Atari more than Nintendo who hasn't IMO put out a good console since SNES

For me it's not whether the GC is kiddie or not. When Nintendo puts out a good console again I will probably buy it.

ARONO129
05-01-2003, 08:41 PM

like i said before..only reason why ms has all the good stuff included in the xbox is cause there new at this console stuff...right now what they are trying to do is attarct people to xbox in order to have more success with xbox 2 hoping the people who bought xbox 1 will buy 2 just like sony did with there ps1 which is why ps2 is the most sold system..its all about fan base and by adding all those neat extras ms wants to attract more people to xbox....not putting xbox down or anything...love the xbox and what it can do and it is the best deal out there out of the 3 but diss a system just cause it doesnt have dvd and hd support is ridicules...and yea nintendo isnt focusing on online play which i wish they would but does that make the GC a horrible system?..course not..you yourself said along time ago how cool resident evil was :D ...re 4 is looking sweet....metroid is great,re0,mario,smash bros,all them capcom exclusives which look neat,new metal gear remake,too human,eternal darkness....i mean why wouldnt you like the cube??...150 with 4 or 5 games to choose from and soon they'll add zelda as a choice to buy the system with.....i see xbox and gamcube as the best combination to have side by side...as for the gamecube Q..its to freaking expensive since its an import at around 430 something last time i checked you might as well buy a separate dvd player or just use your xbox or even computer..dont understand why no dvd movie playback makes it a bad system...when truly its the games that makes a system what it is...and there was a rumor awhile ago about hd in gamcube but that was a long time ago..me i can case less...as long as i can save my games im alright with a memcard :D and yea i bought my gamecube to play zelda 22 and metroid 15 and mario 45 :) them games never get old to me and im sure many people agree...i'll be playing halo 29 on xbox 2 as well ;)

To be honest with you your comments are logical and your post was very polite and well "spoken".

Yes RE blew me away. I loved it. The reason I guess I'm hung up on the DVD and HD issue is because we as consumers IMO have to demand the best and newest technology for our hard earned $$$.

I did love RE but hated taking a step backwards by using a mem card. Also hated paying $30 CDN for one too.

Put my GC in the bedroom and would have liked it to have DVD capabilities so I can rent a DVD movie and relax in bed watching it.

Liked Madden 2002 on the GC but when compared with Madden 2002 on the Xbox it was night and day. With Madden on the GC the background players looked blurred while on the Xbox they looked very clear. Also liked saving replays to the HD where as with the GC I could not. Also like listening to my own music while playing some Xbox games.

Also appreciate the fact that I can hook up 5 speakers and a sub to the Xbox which also supports higher TV resolution.

VenoM
05-01-2003, 08:42 PM

To each his own but I would credit Atari more than Nintendo who hasn't IMO put out a good console since SNES

For me it's not whether the GC is kiddie or not. When Nintendo puts out a good console again I will probably buy it.

atari died years ago,they couldnt keep the console market alive so they were bought out,when they died console gaming died....until nintendo brought the original nintendo to the market :) and dont forget 2 of the best most popular games on atari .... mario bros and donkey kong.....made by nintendo :D i also give credit to atari though....i still play atari games even thanks to pc emulators :)

VenoM
05-01-2003, 09:09 PM

To be honest with you your comments are logical and your post was very polite and well "spoken".

Yes RE blew me away. I loved it. The reason I guess I'm hung up on the DVD and HD issue is because we as consumers IMO have to demand the best and newest technology for our hard earned $$$.

I did love RE but hated taking a step backwards by using a mem card. Also hated paying $30 CDN for one too.

Put my GC in the bedroom and would have liked it to have DVD capabilities so I can rent a DVD movie and relax in bed watching it.

Liked Madden 2002 on the GC but when compared with Madden 2002 on the Xbox it was night and day. With Madden on the GC the background players looked blurred while on the Xbox they looked very clear. Also liked saving replays to the HD where as with the GC I could not. Also like listening to my own music while playing some Xbox games.

Also appreciate the fact that I can hook up 5 speakers and a sub to the Xbox which also supports higher TV resolution.

well yea..thats what makes xbox great..all those extra features...for me i dont care about an extra dvd player.....i have xbox for that :D or computer or standalone player....either way i think gc is a great system...especially if you have an xbox by it :)