PDA

View Full Version : What should I get?

Waterspout
04-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Indiana Jones or Ghost Recon?

I love Indiana Jones movies and I love realistic war games. I am not sure which game I should buy. Which is just an overall better game?....which should I get?

l Maximus l
04-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, they are both very different games.

If you are a die hard fan of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer...the game made for the XBox, then, definately pick up Indiana Jones if you are a huge fan. The reason why I mention this is that Indiana Jones uses the same engine as Buffy...which is a very very very good thing.

Ghost Recon is also a great game. If you have XBox Live, then, it's a must. Also, if you enjoy extremely tactical situations, then, Ghost Recon is for you.

Indiana Jones is very fast paced in comparison to Ghost Recon. In Ghost Recon, you have to play it as if you were truly the soldier out in the jungle, Embassy, or wherever you may be. In other words, don't try playing as if you were "Rambo" when playing GR...you'll end up getting smoked.

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 06:54 PM
well purely from reviews, indy fell short of perfect while ghost did pretty well, but i'd say, if u played ghost on pc and liked it, then thats a good indication, also if u have xbox live, go with that cuz u can play ghost online, ur decision tho

JonTheCanuck
04-28-2003, 08:14 PM
i haven't played indiana jones before but i own ghost recon, and the single player is pretty sweet, but if u have xbl, than online play is excellent, i'd recommend buying it, its definately best xbl game out at the moment

Shadow20002
04-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Have Live, get Ghost Recon, that's why replay value is very high with it.

Want to try something like a unique single experience, go with Indiana Jones.

Dream Theater
04-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Yes. 2 Totally different games. Indy follows the movies very well and is a great Tombraider style game. Good combat and puzzles, great environments, wildlife and different locales from the movies. Ghost Recon is a must if you have live. It's all a matter of taste. I own both and enjoy them at different times. Both games are worthy of the price of admission.:cheers:

chunk83
04-29-2003, 08:40 AM
I personally hated both of those games. Indiana Jones was insanely boring, and Ghost Recon doesnt fare well without a keyboard/mouse.

Knight
04-29-2003, 08:57 AM
And you can get Buffy for $24.99 at EB.

Waterspout
04-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Knight
And you can get Buffy for $24.99 at EB.

I don't care for Buffy. The only reason Indiana Jones game attracted me was that I love the movies. I much rather spend the extra money to play as Jones than Buffy.

strangefate
04-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Didn't we all hear Indiana Jones near sucked?

VenoM
04-29-2003, 07:26 PM
if you have live..ghost recon all the way..if not then i dont know :D i never played indie

Diddy
04-30-2003, 09:35 AM
indiana jones or Ghost, are you kidding me? GEt Ghost D00d, its mad fun.

Waterspout
05-01-2003, 10:20 AM
I just ended up getting both. I hate spending money like that but both games are cool. Ghost is ultra-realistic and Indiana Jones has that movie quality. The music is unbelievable.

Duke
05-01-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by chunk83
and Ghost Recon doesnt fare well without a keyboard/mouse.

Bah. GR does just fine w/out kb/mouse.

Someone who will go unmentioned managed to take me out with a small burst w/ a pkm from the end of the long street in Vilnius.

That's enough precision for me.

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:42 PM
ghost recon! that roxors even on xbox without keyboard dude