PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 => Double Ammunition?

Corsair OX
04-28-2003, 07:19 PM
From OXM's exclusive we learned that you can carry and fire two of the same weapon at the same time. Does that mean that we'll be able to carry 240 rounds of ammunition for the human pistol + what's chambered? Same for the SMG, etc....

LynxFX
04-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Hmm, I don't know. Good question. :)

It might be the same amount of ammo plus a clip for each gun. So in essence you are only gaining a single clip worth of ammo. I know some "dual weapon" capable games did it that way. That is probably how it will be but we won't know for sure until either E3 or until further details are given out.

shrew king
04-28-2003, 09:27 PM
It will probably use a single ammo bank. I like that this will be an option, but if you can still carry only two guns, I wouldn't want to be caught in the midst of war with only two pistols. It adds more strategy, which is cool, should lead to some cool moments.

kornavs19
04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Well i wanna first start off by saying welcome to XBA. And that this is the best first thread i've seen posted..Thats great that you put this cause its a good thread and its your first..

I think it would make sense if say you had 2 pistols, that each one fires simultaneously and everytime a gun finishes a clip u lose a round, so ud lose 2 rounds every hault of fire..
So once one gun shoots then the other until they run ut of ammo and since that is 2 rounds i dont c y they would count it as one or anything else except 2..

shrew king
04-28-2003, 09:41 PM
As far as firing the weapons goes you fire each gun with the respective trigger. For the gun in the right hand, you fire with the right trigger, the gun in the left hand with left trigger. If you have two guns out it takes the place of your grenades so if you wanted to throw a grenade you'd have to put away one of your guns.

kornavs19
04-28-2003, 09:50 PM
OOO..I got ya..Unless they change the controller configuration so u can throw grenades with the black button..If i remember correctly black didnt do anything...But then again u cant throw a grenade with a gun in your hand, unless if u press black or w/e it will put the gun away throw the grenade and take the gun back out quickly and automatically...
And didnt Bungie say they were unhappy with the game and the controls and stuff..I liked the controles, i hope they dont change em..

Shadow20002
04-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Whoever, double ammunition or not, there are enough ammo laying in the ground when you fight your way through the level. Hopefully, they will keep it like this.

JJaX
04-28-2003, 11:20 PM
What if you have a gun that can zoom in one hand. But one that cant in the other...

WHat happens than?

shrew king
04-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
What if you have a gun that can zoom in one hand. But one that cant in the other...

WHat happens than?

Well the rocket launcher and sniper rifle are two handed weapons, so I doubt we'll be seeing two rocket launchers or two sniper rifles. I thought most weapons were two handed though? It could be weird having a covenant weapon and a pistol out at the same time though...

Since most weapons with a zoom are two handed, other than the pistol (from what I remember) I think it probably just zooms in and you'd be able to shoot either weapon. Good question though, maybe they'll talk about it somewhere in the future.

l Maximus l
04-29-2003, 12:07 AM
All I need is one pistol :D

Oh yeah..when Halo 2 comes out, all I can say is...beware of the D.D.C. http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/2guns.gif

chunk83
04-29-2003, 08:55 AM
dualies!!!! Halelujah

EHWfedPres
04-29-2003, 02:15 PM
in the new oxm, it says that you can use any 2 one-handed weapons at once...so if you want to carry a plasma pistol and a human pistol, go for it.

skullsqdn
04-30-2003, 10:02 AM
"in the new oxm, it says that you can use any 2 one-handed weapons at once...so if you want to carry a plasma pistol and a human pistol, go for it."

unless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger, that'd be weird, holding down the trigger firing the human pistol while charging the plasma pistol.....ammo conservation is not an option with carrying those 2 weapons

Dre
04-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by skullsqdn
unless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger

HUH? I don't know which Halo you were playing, but on my copy (and millions others ;) ) I charged my plasma pistol by holding in the right trigger and firing by releasing it. Why would you need a control remap?? You could essentially carry 2 plasma pistols (assuming they're 1 handed weapons) and charge both of em up by holding both triggers in.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by skullsqdn
[Bunless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger, that'd be weird, holding down the trigger firing the human pistol while charging the plasma pistol.....ammo conservation is not an option with carrying those 2 weapons [/B]

No, you're wrong. Each pistol uses a different trigger, the left one taking over for grenades if you decide to equip a second weapon.

skullsqdn
05-01-2003, 08:51 AM
"No, you're wrong. Each pistol uses a different trigger, the left one taking over for grenades if you decide to equip a second weapon."

Ah i see, that makes sense, as for what i said about remapping, I was referring to if you use a plasma pistol and human pistol at the same time, if they still had the same control mapping you'd be firing the human pitol while charging the plasma pistol, i'm very aware how controls are for Halo lol :D sorry if anyone didn't understand what i meant, as for carring 2 plasma pistol at one time..that'll make one hell of bang :D

GRAVEDIGGER
05-01-2003, 09:17 AM
[i]Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
[B]All I need is one pistol :D [B]

Dam Real!...One gun--one life--death is the only way out...HALO 2 is coming

Untill next time

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:43 PM
wow this game is totally gonna rock, i was awe struck by the first, this wont upset

skullsqdn
05-02-2003, 08:41 AM
"wow this game is totally gonna rock, i was awe struck by the first, this wont upset"

I believe thats an understatement ;)

Diddy
05-02-2003, 02:26 PM
if you play Red Faction 2 and get 2 of the same weapons, i think you can get a good feel for what u all are speaking of. In RF2, u can carry 2 space age UZIs and fire only one with the R1 button and when you stop to reload that one, let losse with the other by pressing the L1 button.

Im not really worried about this tho, all im worried about is being able to cole c0ck people and throw grenades while firing.

Reclaimer
05-02-2003, 09:59 PM
OK guys, this is my tactical training talking here.

I don't know why you would want to shoot 2 guns at the same time. Seriously. Other than the fact it's ghetto cool and it's homage to the Hong Kong - John Woo serial shooter movies. But other than that from my experience, I have no need for it. An issue to lay some lead downrange? That's why God invented the submachine gun. Need to throw lots of lead downrange? That's why he invented the S.A.W. (Squad Assault Weapon) or something like that. Screaming down the hall with gats in both mitts only wastes bullets. You'll be gurantee'd to fire more rounds than needed for the job. Then there's also the fact that you'll never be accurate that way too. Accuracy=ammo conservation. You're going to chew through your small arms ammunition so fast, it's going to hurtwhen you get there with no ammo left after a firefight. Even using fire disipline, with 2 guns, you're going to waste too much ammo. Also consider the fact that you won't be able to toss grenades in a hurry if you're holding something in each hand.

Sure, everyone will love to be able to hop over the barrier and let loose the barrage of flamming death from 2 pistols. But, you'll die at the hands of the guy with the rifle uprange, and once you get past who you're killing, you'll be either A) reloading, B) out of ammo. And, if you're one of those people who like to do that, then you're one of those people who are not thinking about cover. So when you pull your cool move, you'll be high and dry and waiting for punishment.

As for me? I'm the tactical guy. Cover to cover, no hurry. Give me a SMG and a grenade to clean out a room, and an assault rifle to lay down coverfire with. I'll leave the 2 handed guns for the movies and rappers.

shrew king
05-02-2003, 10:47 PM
True. If you had two pistols and a crappy shot then sending two bullets into a guy instead of one would cause more damage. I think it's cool to have the feature, it just makes it that much more life-like, but I don't know how much people will actually use it. It would be cool to have two plasma guns, and shooting charged shots with one gun, and rapid shots with the other. We shall see. :)

Reclaimer
05-03-2003, 03:58 AM
At any rate, I think you're going to see a lot of newbie's taking to the two gun approach. How can you resist? It's almost psychological warfare. Master Chief with 2 guns! :eek: Everyone will do it. Live deathmatches will be littered with kids running and gunning, spurting ammo in every which of direction. But the smart, calculating man. The tactical man. The veteran types, will lie in wait. Stay out of the noobfest and pick them off as they come. Let them expend their bullets at incredible paces, shooting wildly in every direction. After all, 2 guns instantly decreases your accuracy margin by 50%. You just added an extra barrel to the equation.
We'll see when the riflemen pick them in waiting. When the snipers have their way. When the mortarmen get their chance.
You know what? This is going to be great!

Diddy
05-03-2003, 04:39 PM
I totally agree with you Reclaimer, if i were a cop, or in the army, BUT this is a game dude, im wondering if youve played max payne or not lol:D

Now this is just my smartassness talking, but If you want games to be realistically real, dont bother buying them, join the army. And in one of your posts you said something about your tactical training, what would that be? Are you in the army/police/navy?

Im not trying to insult, and im seriously curious as to what training youve had, not to justify your statement but to indulge my curiousity, because i hear alot of people, when playing war games and war sims complaining because an opponent takes half a clip or however many bullets to die. They obivously forget that they are in fact playing a video game thats supposed to be realistic, TO AN EXTENT. Its just like Predator, the scene where Arnold pops out of the water or something and he's holding a M60 with one hand...........OK! And then he woke up!

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Man still got a long way 2 go till Halo 2 ...