PDA

View Full Version : action replay?

Galen
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
what does an "action replay" do? everyone keeps winning them...

Blutox
04-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Its a poor mans version of a game shark. You get a mem card, and USB cradle. Hook the cradle up to your PC and download other peoples saves. Connect your memcard to the xbox and you can play the game that you downloaded.

Galen
04-29-2003, 07:15 PM
werd. thanks.

strangefate
04-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Wasn't the original Action Replay exactly a gameshark? When did it implement this save download thing?

Xbox Owner
04-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Well..I'm really considering picking oen of these up, lol..I like doing this kind of stuff for some reason..like cheats and stuff.

But..I'm kind of worried..can I get a virus from this kind of stuff on my Xbox?:watchout:

Diddy
04-30-2003, 09:31 AM
most likely u can, if the people that make the virus know the C+ commands for deleting stuff. lmao what am i talking about i dont even know if the XBox has a OS. NEvermind, but i DO think that u can.

Back the Action Replay, its just as good as a Codebreaker or GS? Cuz i could have used this to strike back at those cheaters on SOCOM online.

Dre
04-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
But..I'm kind of worried..can I get a virus from this kind of stuff on my Xbox?:watchout:

Absolutely no way in hell.

Diddy
04-30-2003, 10:44 AM
lmao, then there you have it!

Dyslexic Chaos
04-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure, but i think it can play imports too. If i get mine in time (Thanx XBA!!!) then i'll probably import SCII if it plays imports. and since when is it a "Poor Man's" Game Shark? It can do more than a gameshark, it came out about the same time as the gameshark i believe, but only in europe. Oh well, i just can't wait to get mine...

Highlite23
04-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Key Features.............

[list=1]
Downlaod Powersaves (Official AR Saves-No virus problem)
Download "Community" saves.These are from Joe Xboxer, but you need to be registered to AR and have a valid contact info, I think the chances are slim on the "Virus" issue.
Store your saves on your PC-Freeing up room on your HD or as a Backup if your XBOX has problems.
Super easy "Drag-n-Drop" interface
[/list=1]

I think it's a great adddition to the XBOX hardware, especially the Backup idea, I have lost some saves that really Peeved me, so I like it alot.

Highlite23
04-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I almost forgot, This should have been #1,

The DOAXBV cheat that puts all the girls in the Venus suite, and there is a "YOU KNOW WHAT" cheat that i havn't tried:D :D

Hitman101
04-30-2003, 03:52 PM
This software could actually be a really go resource for hax0rz and things like that. Anyone remember that gamesave for 007:Agent Under Fire that booted up linux on to the xbox. :p I the future I think we'll see more of those types of haxs being transfer from person to person to xbox in the weeks to come...... I this does actually happen then microsft might just take down the company the produces AR or the hax0rz that made the saves for the software.

Highlite23
04-30-2003, 05:13 PM
AR has too much too loose by not comming up with some sort of fail safe, I'm sure they realize that MS would slam there doors shut if it became a problem.

I would assume they would go after the individual rather than the company.