the start.... then it got repetitive and lame for quite a while..... then
I entered "day 2" and the cutscenes were awesome....but the gameplay seems
to be staying pretty repetitive (the same 3 ghosts keep coming over and
over and over...) does it get good again....like at the begininng? or
does it just keep going downhill? I played Undying on the PC and it
started off so freakin neat..... then it just kept getting more and more
boring....but I stayed with it, because I thought it would get good
again.....but it never did.....and I just hate feeling like I am wasting
hours on something that won't scare me anymore. Thanks.

Delphar7
05-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Darn, I must say your review (sort of) has made me resconsider buying it. I did find Silent Hill 2 scary and certain moments of The Thing scary. From the sound of things, Fatal Frame isn't scary all the way through. . . *sigh*

Too bad.

I'm anxious for SH 3 though!

delphar7

Galen
05-01-2003, 07:16 PM
I dont want to turn you off from getting it...I havent beaten it yet....so I dont know for sure....it might get better.... but. its a little more "game-like" than SH2. its still a good game tho...dont get me wrong. I was hoping someone would come on here and say "oh yeah...its boring for a little while....but then it gets great again..." but. no one has yet. :)

Galen
05-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Oh. I would definetly say that Fatal Frame is freakier than The Thing tho. So. If you liked that....
Fatal Frame is definitely longer than the Thing too.

Delphar7
05-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Ohh... Well now, maybe I shall at least give it a Rent and play it three days straight and see if I'm hooked beyond the "Must-finish-game"

thanks,
del

knightofpain
05-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Are you renting FF or did you buy it?Why buy a game like this when you can beat it in the alotted rental time?

Delphar7
05-02-2003, 07:49 AM
OOP!

I was going to rent. Sounds like "I'll definately rent that one" no matter how long it takes. . .

del

Hugh_Jass
05-02-2003, 12:26 PM
I have to be honest when I say that I put "Fatal Frame" away because it was so intense. When I'm playing with the lights out on the 120" screen it's just like I'm in that creepy mansion. Every step I took, every corner I turned, and every door I opened filled me with dread. A+ for atmosphere!

knightofpain
05-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I have to be honest when I say that I put "Fatal Frame" away because it was so intense. When I'm playing with the lights out on the 120" screen it's just like I'm in that creepy mansion. Every step I took, every corner I turned, and every door I opened filled me with dread. A+ for atmosphere!

Nice to hear.That's how I felt during Silent Hill 2,like you're actually in the game.That's why these horror games are better than a movie or a book,because it is yourself who is in control of the outcome .Someone's going to disagree with me on the book part,I bet.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 07:52 PM
buy it

Delphar7
05-03-2003, 12:11 AM
DANG... Maybe I'll just buy it used and get some good play from it. If it does have said atmosphere it'll work for me... SH2 gave me the heebie-jeebies often.

thanks for all the inputs,
del

Shadow20002
05-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey guys...good news for all ! From what i have readed on a magazine, Tecmo is on the works on Fatal Frame 2. They will release it around in the first quarter of 2004. :p

Galen
05-04-2003, 12:42 PM
That rocks.

greggp666
05-13-2003, 02:37 AM
im on day 3 i think its a cool game and a must buy