PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

kenji
04-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Splinter Cell went to PS2. I thought that PS2 couldn't handle the graphics. Can anyone tell me if they had to down grade the graphics in order to have it play on PS2?

E Nomini Patri
04-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kenji
Did they have to down grade the graphics in order to have it play on PS2?

What do you think?

Although, I think they did a great job for it on PS2 considering the limitations in place with the hardware.

Xbox Owner
04-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Well..splinter cell was first for planned for ps2..and the first graphics they made were for ps2..they were really good..and they had to down grade ps2's graphics to get it to go on xbox..

So no, PS2's splinter Cell is 10x better graphic wise that Xbox.:watchout:

Shadow20002
04-28-2003, 10:51 PM
Splinter is going even on GBA. Anyway, PS2, NGC or Xbox, Splinter Cell is everywhere. :p

Kortiz
04-28-2003, 11:18 PM
While, i would love to have seen this game stay on Xbox exclusively, it is a great game and everyone should have a chance to play it. If that means it goes on PS2, so be it.

Highlite23
04-29-2003, 01:38 AM
The game plays fine on PS2, the graphics on the other hand, in comparison are not as good, but aren't bad. What they did have to do in order to get the PS2 to handle some of the more intricate scenes/levels is actually remove objects from levels all together.

Example, XBOX version may have Sam in an alleyway with low light and shadows, with a garage or bay door behind him.

The PS2 version eliminated the door altogether.

So basically they got rid of alot of the "ambient" objects, which i would assume would make it kinda blah.

Oh well, I have the "TRUE" version, so I don't really care.:D

Insane Jester
04-29-2003, 07:30 AM
ps2 and splnter cell bah ..