PDA

View Full Version : Something that bothers me. Agree???

Dream Theater
04-29-2003, 08:12 AM
When new consoles are released before the present consoles power hasn't been fully utilized. I think technology is getting ahead of the developers. With the economy in a rut, the gaming industry is losing many developers and rushing unfinished software out the door. RAGE entertainment just went bankrupt and all future titles are cancelled or being sold off. I think the gaming industry is turning out like sports. Back when baseball had all the greats, money wasn't an issue. Now it's all glorified crap: Give me more money or i'm gone. I think it's crazy. Conflict desert storm for example was $29.99 at Wal-Mart before the war. When the war began it shot back up to $49.99. I say utilize a systems power before releasing a new one. To be honest, I'm just as content with my Dreamcast as I am with my Xbox, PS2 and Cube. I'd like to hear other opinions about this

Brevity
04-29-2003, 08:31 AM
I agree for the most part. For example I believe that the next Xbox would be further off if not for PS pushing ahead with there new system and MS wanting to beat them. I think though its like PC's these days ppl (devs) are afriad to be left behind and thought of as old or lacking so it starts a vicious circle of staying ahead, which I also think hurts each of their profits for the long and short term. But thats just me. I am a sucker and will buy the newest thing. I read in next months EGM that a PS2 Dev guy said that he feared that if they did not do something quick then they were going to see an complete drop of any online plans. Then I keep reading about N going out of the hardware buis B4 long (I think they have one more sytem atleast). I think one thing is for sure and thats that nothing is for sure. My bet however, is that the XB hangs in there and finds its self on top or as near to it as possible B4 long (meaning 5 years about), I think it will be because of all there recent buys and the online things, the HD, and well everything that makes it a XB. *Note I own all the systems and play them all at some time during the week and hope the best for each of them.