PDA

View Full Version : Enter Matrix Or Wolfenstein

aasimhirji
04-29-2003, 08:39 AM
WHICH GAME WOULD YOU RATHER GET?

Knight
04-29-2003, 08:46 AM
If I had to get one of the two it would be RTCW.

But I have the pc version so I'm not getting it.

LynxFX
04-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Enter the Matrix. 1080i, 720p, 1 hour of movie footage, Max Payne style gameplay. Never played it.

I'll still get RTCW though even though I played it through many times on the PC. I never really played the online part of the PC version so taking it to Live should be like a new game to me.

strangefate
04-29-2003, 11:27 AM
MATRIX definitely. I can't wait for reloaded and revolutions. And, maybe a first time in gaming, the video game provides more for the movie in storyline, which is definitely uber-orgasmic. Anyway, the screenshots for Enter The Matrix looked greeeeeeeeeat. Wall-walking? Can you do that in RTCW?

blewis
04-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Wolfie all the way!

matrix looks like it could be sweet, but... it's lacking LIVE AND co-op campaign which are both major factors for me.

Diddy
04-29-2003, 06:51 PM
well i used to play alot of RTCW, in fact thats all i really played before the PS2 went online and Live went, uhhh live.

the RTCW PC's single player sux0rz enormously. Its only actually fun when u start using the cheats in SP. Now the MP on the other hand, its very nice, i like it alot, but i cant play it forever like Splinter Cell or an RPG. Its more fun if you join real big games where its real frantic. Panzerfausts in the face every time you spawn, Axis throwing tater mashers at you from every side, its really quite fun. Id would rather have gotten the matrix i think, for XBox and keep RTCW for the PC.

MerimacHamwich
04-29-2003, 06:55 PM
My avatar and signature tell my story. Enter the Matrix.

Humanarchy
04-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Matrix!

Discretion
04-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Return to Castle Wolfenstein hands down. Live support, thats all that matters :D

studepaber
04-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Errr r how bout both? Actually I favor ETM more because I've played RTCW on the PC, still both will be mine!!!

Peepers
04-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Wolfenstein

In addition to Xbox live support which several of you have already mentioned I also have to point out my lack of confidence in Activision as a developer.

I don't really like Activision and since "Call to Power" (Civ players know what I'm talking about) Actiivision games, including Enter the Matrix, will be "guilty until proven innocent" in my mind; this is twice as true when a game is based off a movie which tends to allow dev's to release crap that will sell because of its name. (How many times has EA proven this?) Movie based games made by "generic" game company's, including Enter the Matrix, will be "guilty until proven innocent" in my mind.

This isn't to say the Matrix won't be a great game. I just don't want to get my hopes up. I've had my heart broken too many times. :cry:

Flood
04-30-2003, 05:34 AM
although i have read many great things about Enter the Matrix, and it might be the first game to ever be based on a movie and be good...

BUTTTTTT.....after playing the demo for rtcw nonstop since it came out, im way more excited for that...especially since RTCW has the xbox live edge on Matrix

BCan
04-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Peepers,

You probably show how little you have read about Enter The Matrix then, with your comment RE: Movie tie-in games. This is one that had the directors writing the game's storyline, not actually being a movie tie in, but a backstory to explain some parts of the movie that wouldn't come across well on the screen.
As for Activision, I think it is now Atari they are labelling things as, they are DISTRIBUTORS, not developers - Shiny Entertainment are the developers. Unlike EA, who do DEVELOP and DISTRIBUTE their own games, along with just distributing others, you can't chuck Activision in with them. Remember Activision also distributes all id games, ie RTCW, Doom 3, so do you consider them the same as Call to Power's developers?

I agree many movies and their games suck, since they just chose one high action part (usually) and make a game from it, and use the name of the movie to sell it.

Let's hope it will be a turning point where movie tie in games can be used to tell more of the backstory, allowing the person to really get involved into the world the movie tries to develop. Instead of a seperate medium, they can start to combine them, which would be beneficial to both.
It would help to take games out of the "novelty" world, and considered by more as a mainstream medium, that can effectively tell more of the story on another medium other than film/DVD. Many great movies have the room to tell some kind of very good back story - there are usually detailed stories/descriptions of events/characters that help shape the movie, now they could release the game at the same time and tell that story too, so you can feel more in touch with the character, or understand the movie a whole lot more.

blewis
04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
... this was as I feared.

Here's the last paragraph from a "Hands On" review on ETM from IGN. This last paragraph pretty much sums up the whole article.

In the end, Enter the Matrix is designed to be like an interactive action movie. In doing so, it does a fair job thus far (we only have a preview build). It features some cool effects, many of which have been seen before, and it adds its own take on the Bullet Time action genre (wait, is that even a genre?). Given the amount of hype it's been given, Enter the Matrix is difficult to judge. The pressure for this game to come close to the ultimate in coolness will eventually work against it. But if you just played it as an action game, you might have some decent fun. My best advice for those who want to play -- and enjoy -- the game? You should tune out all Matrix hype as soon possible, and prepare for an average game come this May.

Arrakis44
04-30-2003, 04:00 PM
If i was going to buy one of those two, id buy the Matrix, simply because i've already bought and completed Wolf on the PC!

TegSkywalker
04-30-2003, 07:41 PM
RTCW all the way!