PDA

View Full Version : WTF???XBL kit 2,,,

Brevity
04-29-2003, 10:40 AM
http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=235215
:watchout: Hell maybe its going online?????????That would rock.

strangefate
04-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I'm rather confused. By the way, when the hell is MS gonna make extra stand-alone communicators?

VAN
04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Whats to be confused about? MS announced a long time ago that the pack-in games for the XBL Starter Kit would change regularly in order to entice new subscribers.

This kit is waaay better than the first one. Mechassault instead of Whacked! AND a full extra game.

This package should sell well with those folks who have thus far opted to stay away from XBL due to the previously packaged software.

LynxFX
04-29-2003, 11:40 AM
They should have packed the full version of Whacked! since it is $20 now. No different than Tetris Worlds. Plus that game needs more support. The demo put it in a bad light.

Is that version of Tetris Worlds online capable? That will kind of **** me off if it is since I'm one of 3 people that actually bought Tetris Worlds.

RudedogX
04-29-2003, 11:53 AM
I would assume since it's in the XBL kit, that it would be.

chunk83
04-29-2003, 01:16 PM
I would love to play tetris online. Maybe I can snag the disc from gamestop used or something.

Variation-XBA
04-29-2003, 01:28 PM
This version of the Xbox Live Starter Kit includes trial demos of MechAssault, MotoGP and a full version of Tetris Worlds!

Bah, now ill have to buy the cd on ebay or something

Diddy
04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
tetris? online? are you kidding me? lmao, why dont i just go play Everquest?

shrew king
04-29-2003, 07:14 PM
If Tetris goes online I am surely getting it. I am not going to buy another starter kit for it though...

Hopefully they'll have some way to get it?

Discretion
04-29-2003, 08:18 PM
From IGN (Not Insider Only):

Originally Posted by IGN
Live 2 doesn't feature any software upgrades, but does include two new games. A demo of MotoGP is still packed in (with the sequel is set to ship in late May) but the new Live package will include a demo of MechAssault and a complete, online version of Tetris Worlds.

There is your answer... Tetris is going online :cheers:

Shadow20002
04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
If Tetris goes online I am surely getting it. I am not going to buy another starter kit for it though...

Hopefully they'll have some way to get it?

Yeah, same here ! Classic game like tetris is always fun to play. :p

VenoM
04-29-2003, 09:18 PM
since when was tetris world online?.....if its online i want it :D

Brevity
04-29-2003, 10:33 PM
xengamers.com
Xbox Live 2.0
Your Live’s just got better…

Sooner or later, Sony is going to realize that the only way to beat Microsoft’s brilliant Xbox Live service is to join it, but Xbox Live is already upping the ante. Introducing Xbox Live 2.0, (not the real name, it’ll still just be called Xbox Live) a new, completely redesigned way to enjoy high-speed Internet gaming.

The first and most dramatic change will be the introduction of a new interface for Live. When you power up your Xbox sometime this fall, your Live experience will take on a whole new front end. A new graphic interface will replace the Xbox Dashboard with a more personalized look that makes accessing friends lists and downloadable content much clearer and easier.

The interface will be keyed to your Gamertag, so when you book up, your Xbox will recognize you and present relevant information in a much more logical fashion.

Better yet, this interface will also serve as a “lobby” allowing you to communicate directly with other players using the Communicator headset, without going through a specific game. Microsoft is intent on ramping up the already solid community feel of the service, and with the advent of more games and more desperate game styles, a central hub is a much-needed advance.

David Hufford, Microsoft’s Xbox Group Product Manager, says, “In the first year, we were really trying to lay the foundations for the service, and get voice communication out there in a really big way. In year two, we want o go above and beyond all that to enhance the community and deliver more competition and content.”

And they will. Games like Citizen Zero and Xbox Music Mixer will evolve your Xbox into more than a gaming console; they’ll stretch it further into your everyday life. You can read more about how Xbox Music Mixer will become a hub for all your music needs in our exclusive First Look on page 06, but rest assured, the new interface will make downloads easier, and much more exciting. Just imagine moving your digital music and photos from your PC to your Xbox to interact with them in new ways.

Another huge change is the introduction of an Internet “face” for the service. You’ll be able to go to a personalized web page from your browser, and as your friends log onto the service, you may even be notified on your PC or cell phone via MSN Messenger. This keeps you connected to Xbox Live anywhere, anytime.

The improved service inspires game designers to include other ways for players to compete too: Project Gotham Racing 2, for example, is slated to include uploadable challenge races. Basically you can upload your “ghost” so that other players can literally race against your best performance. This type of interaction is likely to become a big part of Xbox Live’s competitive aspect

Brevity
04-30-2003, 12:02 AM
April 29, 2003 - When Xbox Live launched in November, it included two online demos: MotoGP and Whacked!. Six months later, Xbox Live is still standing, but the pack-in games have grown a bit stale. That's why Microsoft is releasing Xbox Live Vol. 2 today.

Live 2 doesn't feature any software upgrades, but does include two new games. A demo of MotoGP is still packed in (with the sequel is set to ship in late May) but the new Live package will include a demo of MechAssault and a complete, online version of Tetris Worlds.

Those who already own Xbox Live can buy full retail versions and want to play Tetris online, will still have their chance, as a full retail version is set to ship in early June.

We won't have more on this, because there's nothing else to report. Enjoy!
ing.com

VAN
04-30-2003, 12:26 AM
EBGAMES has it listed for a 6/2 release and a cost of 19.99. For that price, I'll be sure to pick it up. :)

Brevity
04-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by VAN
EBGAMES has it listed for a 6/2 release and a cost of 19.99. For that price, I'll be sure to pick it up. :)
I have a plan, I am gonna call my local WM and ask if they got these new kits in. If so I am gonna take my friends old kit in with next to nothing in it and exchange them. I know the ppl working there on this late shift and its all a GO. Now just waiting till my lil store gets one.:watchout:

Flood
04-30-2003, 05:26 AM
i can just imagine trash talking somone while playing Tetris online

"Yea, how'd you like that?? 2 in a row!!! maybe you'll get your "L" block one of these days"

haha

Diddy
04-30-2003, 09:29 AM
lmao, now i want this game, i just wanna talk trash on it.

Dyslexic Chaos
04-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Holy Crap, and u thought Mech Assault looked good, wait until tetris online comes out. You eill have at leasy 8 simultanious heart attacks.

""Haha, 4 lines all at once, beat that ya bastage!!!!"

LynxFX
04-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Those who already own Xbox Live can buy full retail versions and want to play Tetris online, will still have their chance, as a full retail version is set to ship in early June.
Great, now I gotta sell my old version of Tetris. :mad: At least they are listing it at a reasonable price.

Xtopia
04-30-2003, 02:41 PM
So is MS going to allow XBL 1.0 users to download XBL 2.0? That way we too can enjoy the new interface? Or is the only way to get XBL 2.0 to buy the new kit?

Brevity
04-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
So is MS going to allow XBL 1.0 users to download XBL 2.0? That way we too can enjoy the new interface? Or is the only way to get XBL 2.0 to buy the new kit?
Yes it will be a DL.

Discretion
04-30-2003, 02:54 PM
I was thinking... Maybe they will send us all a new disc for Tetris? That game would take up a good amount of room, so us XBL 1.0 I would hope and THINK should get it too... Kind of like beta, we should get new discs like we did to go to the real server

shrew king
04-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Tetris never gets old, I am picking that up the day it comes out. Will it sport the orange Xbox Live strip?

aasimhirji
04-30-2003, 11:47 PM
when will the download be available to update to live 2?
is it free?

Discretion
04-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by aasimhirji
when will the download be available to update to live 2?
is it free?
XBOX Live V. 2.0 is basically just new games. All it means is instead of coming with Moto GP and Whacked! on the demo, it now has MechAssault (Demo), Moto GP Online Demo, and Tetris World Online (Full Game). I don't think there is any server changes :cool:

aasimhirji
04-30-2003, 11:50 PM
did u read page 1.. new interface!

Discretion
04-30-2003, 11:53 PM
WOW, I missed that. I am sure it is a download but I might be wrong... Must find out!

aasimhirji
04-30-2003, 11:54 PM
can u email me when you find out..
aasimhirji@hotmail.com

Dyslexic Chaos
05-01-2003, 12:17 PM
This'll happen on Novemmber 15th alm ost guarenteed because it'll be the next big annual release for the xbox.

Duke
05-01-2003, 12:21 PM
ship date is 5/1. I know that most x/1 means they don't know when it's coming, but this isn't like a game or anything. I imagine that will be the actual ship date.

-edit- possibly to renew interest in xbl before they decide on a pricing plan beyond the 1st year.

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
well it seems like just another ploy to get more gamers, cant blame them