PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of Second Hand

bobpriestess
04-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Some fellow videogame pastimers such as myself have found the truly incredible premise of getting crap you want in exchange for your old crap to be a beautiful thing. Most of the world of electronic joy is, well, a bit pricey for the common man. Just wanted to clue the world in on a few excellent deals to be found at your local flea market, second hand game trade house, or Tuesday Morning.
Imagine finding once $50 Playstation games for $5. And when I refer to games I automatically exclude low brow work. How about Majora's Mask with expansion for $30 (only saw once for $25). Now you're thinking, "who cares, I'am an x-box addict and I want my titles".
That is the point of this little post, to inform x-box fans that such titles as Splinter Cell are now hitting second hand bins. A friend of mine procured this lovely item for a trade and $10. Not bad at all for a mint condition if I must say. Apparently, the costly x-box production fees make for a tradehouse of pennywise gamers:
although most of the more seasoned players already knew this, I just wanted to throw this thrifty tip out into the open for the next generation or the part of the community left in the socratian hole.
Oh, and a Morrowind still in its plastic wrap was found for $20 just after X-mas in a second hand area. Apparently someone didn't get what they wanted and didn't have sense enough to exchange it.

:cheers:

P.S. Only a few months ago the local super walmart held a very large clearance sale for various GBA and X-Box games, ~$20 a piece, so watch for those too.

LynxFX
04-29-2003, 12:47 PM
I get alot of games once they drop to the bargain bin, a few second hand. But mostly I just wait for the price to drop. For instance Splinter Cell is $29.99 this week at Best Buy. :D

chunk83
04-29-2003, 01:11 PM
If I want cheap games, its off to blockbuster or software etc. At blockbuster I found Wreckless for 6 dollars, and at software etc., I got SegaGT2k2/JSRF for only 10 bucks.