PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting Simpson's Road Rage?

LynxFX
12-04-2001, 05:33 PM
I like crazy taxi and love the simpsons but I don't know if I want to get this game or wait for crazy taxi X. Now that it is out was wondering if anyone has some hands on experience with the game. Any opinions? Is it fun, or just a blah game?

twinkie57
12-05-2001, 12:32 PM
I have it and I poped it in about 9:00 when I got home and it was 1 before i realized it, its a cool game its kinda simple though, but i have it on easy mode. I am going to get crazy taxi next when it comes out also. Umm if your an avid simpsons watcher and really really really like the simpsons i would say get it but if your really unsure its a renter to see if you would truly wanna shuck up $50 for it, i got it for 10 cheaper on ea.com, if you type in canyonero, but it cost 5 something to ship it. I hope I helped.

LynxFX
12-05-2001, 05:02 PM
Cool thanks. I'll probably just rent it over the weekend then.

LynxFX
12-06-2001, 08:09 PM
I ended up buying it. Now to go test it out. :)

twinkie57
12-07-2001, 10:53 PM
So what did you think of it?

I cant stop playing it.

LynxFX
12-08-2001, 01:32 AM
It is pretty cool. The characters are great. I only played enough to open up 3 more areas.

I played about 5 missions and I'm very dissappointed there. They are so short. The Homer one took me 10 seconds and all I did was drive from point A to point B. No obsticles or anything.

I haven't played multiplayer yet but that looks like the most fun. Being able to steal fares from people. Cool racing game.

The game is only 4:3 though so no widescreen. I stretch it anyway and it doesn't look too bad.

I won't be getting Crazy Taxi Next though. This gives me enough taxi fix.

I hope there is more hidden stuff to open though because I think I'll finish the game pretty quick without much problem. Another thing that bothers me is the fences the block you from crossing. Basically out of bounds but they are 'inside' the entire neighborhood. So it cuts off alot of cuting across a field or something.

Mark7305
12-08-2001, 06:10 AM
Yea, I was thinking of getting this game yesterday from EB World, but second thought about it. Looks like a really fun game, but I think this one is going to be a renter before I go out and shell $50 on it.

The game I wanna see in Obi-Wan coming out on the 19th. I think saving my money till then would be worth it, or until some really good game comes out that beats Obi-Wan.

twinkie57
12-08-2001, 12:03 PM
cool im glad you like it i know i do and i think im going to go play it, im up to 125,000 now.

Ninja Scroll
12-11-2001, 11:37 AM
The Simpsons is the Best.Show.Ever , but I aint crazy enough to give it a chance.
Just by looking at it makes me think of stupid games like South Park Rally, and other cash cow making half assed games.

Then again, I never played it,....... and dont intend to.

Hey, you said you love Craazy Taxi right?
Well Crazy Taxi Next is coming to Xbox next year!
I would wait if I were you kid!

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 04:06 PM
Whoever gets Simpons, let me know how it is...My buddy said that he is going to get it....but, he just got his XBox and he probably will end up getting that game late, too!!! We'll see :D

MadDawg276
12-13-2001, 05:00 PM
Simpsons games never do that well.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MadDawg276
Simpsons games never do that well.

Ahh...but, remember, we are talking about the XBox now...so, the next generation of Simpsons games could actually be very good. Atleast I hope they will. I am with you, though...I don't think I will ever own a Simpsons game...but, if I ever need a Simpsons fix, I know I could just go over to my buddy's house who is a die hard Simpsons fan...he buys them if they are good or not......kinda creepy, huh?!? lol

I do like my Homer siggy, though :D

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 03:30 PM
Well I'm looking to sell my Simpson's Road Rage. It is a cool game and the voices are killer for it but it just isn't my kind of game. Anyone interested give me a private message or email me at lynxfx@hotmail.com

It is in mint condition. :)

DT21
12-14-2001, 09:50 PM
Does loading a level take a while?

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 05:14 AM
It takes the longest of any xbox game I have so far. But not too bad. It isn't as long as the inbetween major levels of Halo. The one that actually says "loading". But not as fast as the ingame level loads in Halo.

NO-KIDS-STUFF
12-21-2001, 08:08 PM
Ive heard some mixed emotions about the game so im gonna check it out 1st with a rental.

monkeyman
12-21-2001, 08:16 PM
i love the simpsons so i know im gonna get this game:D

LedZeplin
12-26-2001, 04:07 PM
I rented the game for a week. and decided it's worth getting as a christmas present. IWhich I received yesterday.

The graphics are ok, but the gameplay is great, and the voices are spectacular.

Multi player is the most fun part of the game. Single player is fun also but it does get a little boring, just earning money every game to rais your total to unlock new cars and boards. So if you don't have any friends, you won't appriciate this game as much.
I wish it supported 4 players, the way head 2 head mode works, I don't see why it chouldn't unless it required too much resources.