PDA

View Full Version : Games w/ the best extras & options….

xtreemgamer84
04-29-2003, 01:09 PM
After you’ve played all your games two or three times through, if you’re like me, you start looking around for extras or featurettes. In some of my games, the extra features are pretty damn decent. Tony Hawk’s Pro-skater 4 has a Sean Murray Pro-Wakeboarder demo that’s almost more fun than the game it came with and the best water effects I’ve ever seen. Mortal Kombat :D.A. has literally thousands of unlockable extras and I’ll probably never get to them all in this lifetime. GTA Vice City has so much to do, it’s hard to tell where the missions end and the xtra bonus stuff begins. Anyway, you get the point; what are some of the best options, extras and features in your games? Chances are, the rest of us overlooked it…

strangefate
04-29-2003, 07:32 PM
TimeSplitters 2. The challenges and all of the other things this game has give it a ton of replay value. The story mode is very short, but the other mades make up for it tenfold. Not to mention the bots... and map maker.

xtreemgamer84
04-30-2003, 01:20 PM
I love Time Splitter 2 - especially in co-op story mode with a friend. There's a level in that game that was done with the movie Bladerunner in mind. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Did you ever play Tony Hawk's Pro-skater? There's a demo in that game for another game called Pro-Wakeboarder or something. The water effects are INCREDIBLE. I've never seen anything like it. I'll try to find the name and get you a link if you want. It's worth seeing, believe me.

xtreemgamer84
05-01-2003, 12:47 PM
One minute someone's here, the next minute they've disappeared in a puff of smoke off the forum. Anyway, here is the wakeboarding game I was talking about. It was kind of tricky to find, because they changed the name on me, but there's a demo here that really shows off the water effects I'm talking about : http://www.wakeboardingunleashed.com/.

chunk83
05-01-2003, 05:43 PM
I would have to say that the great Perfect Dark had some of the most/ and most usefull optios ever in a game.

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 05:55 PM
I would say Halo due to the fact that you can customize the multi-player rules and settings with many different combinations...which I do often. Makes things very interesting.

But, if I had to pick a game other than Halo it would probably be Morrowind. That game is so damn open-ended that a person could probably beat the game a few times and still never see the entire world of the game. It's pretty remarkable ( <---did I just say that?!?) :D

Humanarchy
05-01-2003, 06:03 PM
TTT has some terrific unlockable extras! Morrowind is amazing. Almost, too big - too many things to do! You could play this game forever and not even come close to doing everything in one game!

xtreemgamer84
05-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, that settles it. I have to see what Morrowind is like. It's just that I prefer real-time action games to RPGs, but it can't hurt to rent it and take a look at some of the sets.

xtreemgamer84
05-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I would say Halo due to the fact that you can customize the multi-player rules and settings with many different combinations...which I do often. Makes things very interesting.

I love that about Halo. I created a game called "Slayer Raw" where you have all human weapons and all the vehicles, no radar, and infinite granades.

RudedogX
05-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
But, if I had to pick a game other than Halo it would probably be Morrowind. That game is so damn open-ended that a person could probably beat the game a few times and still never see the entire world of the game. It's pretty remarkable ( &lt;---did I just say that?!?) :D

I thought we spent forever trying to convince you to try it and you didn't like it.:watchout:

Either way, glad you liked it afterall. And yes, Morrowind is definetly one of the most filled with extras games that I have ever played. Did that sentence make any sense?!?