PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Ping" and "Easter Eggs"

xboxman_1
12-04-2001, 05:57 PM
I'm not very computer savvy (apparently), but I had a question. Whenever you people talk about Halo online, you talk about "Ping,": and it all depends on the "ping." What is this magical word? And occasionaly people will talk about xbox "easter eggs," or, "Let's look for 'Easter Eggs' in Halo."
Anybody help my pathetic knowledge?

DanielHillier
12-04-2001, 06:02 PM
The ping is the speed in ms that it takes to contact the server.

should be getting a ping of about 30 - 80

less is best

xboxman_1
12-04-2001, 06:25 PM
ok. thats cool. But does the ping fluctuate? And if I have a cable modem and the guy next to me has a cable modem, both at the same speed, will the ping be the same?

LynxFX
12-04-2001, 06:26 PM
Easter Eggs are hidden stuff that the game programers put into the game for people to find or just for their own amusement. In essense all cheat codes are easter eggs and that is actually how they came about. Now though they usually take you to a list of credits or some silly message or a "Hi Mom" kind of thing. Other ones will make all of the character's heads really big or something weird to that extent. DVD's also have alot of easter eggs and also vary from just a list of credits of who made the dvd to hidden bonus footage or even alternate endings or just a trailer or two. You usually access these by pressing a certain key combination on the remote or controller. Software is the same way. Developers love to put hidden credits in their software. Do a search on the web and you will find tons of info.

If you want DVD easter eggs then check out dvdreview.com and click on Hidden Features. This lists almost all of the easter eggs that have been found on DVD movies todate.

DanielHillier
12-04-2001, 06:38 PM
Well

There good questions... The simple answer is yes they should be the same but I think your find they would be different but not by much.

As for them changing your find they will change depending on the server you use and how many other people are on that server.

xboxman_1
12-04-2001, 07:44 PM
hey dudes, thanks! you guys really helped inform me!