PDA

View Full Version : Halo is the WORST game ever!!!

ARONO129
04-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I traded in two games yesterday at EB and paid $9.99 and finally bought Halo. I usually just play sports games.

It's the worst game because it's so addictive I can't stop playing. All I ate for supper is some taco chips and iced tea.

I can't believe I waited this long to buy Halo. I can see why it scored 10\10 and was game of the year. I love it.

Sorry about yet another Halo thread but this game can't be praised enough. So go easy on me.:cry:

SPARTAN VI
04-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I traded in two games yesterday at EB and paid $9.99 and finally bought Halo. I usually just play sports games.

It's the worst game because it's so addictive I can't stop playing. All I ate for supper is some taco chips and iced tea.

I can't believe I waited this long to buy Halo. I can see why it scored 10\10 and was game of the year. I love it.

Sorry about yet another Halo thread but this game can't be praised enough. So go easy on me.:cry:

:D Welcome to the club.:cheers:

Diddy
04-30-2003, 09:33 AM
lmao i was about flame this guy so nasty, lol j/k. I dont think anybody can knock Halo.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 11:14 AM
I cant believe that I'm still addicted to Halo...and I got it shortly after the launch...:D

Duke
04-30-2003, 11:35 AM
I haven't played Halo in a loooooooooooooong time, but I understand what you're saying Arono. I'm glad I purchased it on the beginning of my weekend because I probably would have called into work.

I left my landlord in my room playing it his first night when I went to work, and when I came back in the morning he was still sitting in my room.

Nato King
04-30-2003, 01:36 PM
I play this game all the time. All you need to do it bring a couple of your friends over and you get addicted to this game in no time.:)

Highlite23
04-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Do we need to start an intervention group..................

"HI, My name is highlite, and i'm a Halo addict......."

"Hi, Highlite"....................

:D

Diddy
04-30-2003, 03:42 PM
they have a place called Game Force by my house, they sell new and used Video Games and DVDs and they have Halo Tournys for money. Im thinking of signing up but its 10 to 15 dollars at the door, so i need to brush up on my halo skillz.

chunk83
04-30-2003, 03:45 PM
I agree for the most part, but if it had bots, I would definently call it the greatest ever.

No Fear 23
04-30-2003, 04:17 PM
its all good halo noobie

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I cant believe that I'm still addicted to Halo...and I got it shortly after the launch...:D

I got it at launch, and just beat it for the zillionth time [on legendary again] yesterday.:D

l Maximus l
04-30-2003, 05:14 PM
hehe, Arono...finally, you have come to the light! :D

Dude, I play Halo almost daily...if not, every other day. If you have Broadband and have polished up your Halo skills, I strongly recommend playing Halo on-line by downloading the free host server program XBConnect at www.XBConnect.com .

There are plenty of n00bs at Gamespy if you want to play against some people on that host server program, too.

This weekend, I'm going to get together, yet again, with 15 other dudes and have a 16-man Halo melee this Saturday. It's a blast! On a few occasions playing CTF, I had over 300 kills in one game :D Man, I love that Sniper Rifle and Pistol :wink:

Covenant Comm.
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
wow u scared me thier with the thread title so i had to check it out. glad u enjoy also know someone with a xbox who never played halo till our lan party and was hooked and bought it with in a few days. glad u like it man its alot of fun. try lan for some crazy multiplayer:cheers:. i've bin playin HALO since the begin so addictive :D i jsut can stop lol.

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Covenant Comm.
wow u scared me thier with the thread title so i had to check it out. glad u enjoy also know someone with a xbox who never played halo till our lan party and was hooked and bought it with in a few days. glad u like it man its alot of fun. try lan for some crazy multiplayer:cheers:. i've bin playin HALO since the begin so addictive :D i jsut can stop lol.

Ah great, another Covenant guy. :watchout: Welcome! :D

Hey Max, would I get a lot of lag on Xbc, knowing I'm on a cable [256k] connection?:(

Diddy
04-30-2003, 06:11 PM
i have cable too, i just heard it lags alot but i havent played anything online yet.

shrew king
04-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Well it's about damn time ARONO. I'm surprised you hadn't picked it up before now.

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Diddy
i have cable too, i just heard it lags alot but i havent played anything online yet.

I prefer hookin up on a LAN, but I wouldn't want to miss the chance to hook up with my fellow XBAers. :D

ARONO129
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Well it's about damn time ARONO. I'm surprised you hadn't picked it up before now.

I sure should have but I always just buy sports games like FIFA, NFL Fever, Knockout Kings, UFC, etc.

All I can say is it's worth buying an Xbox for Halo alone. Although there are many other good games as well. I got less than 5 hours sleep last night and I'm off to play again now.

I used to think that RE for the GC or GTA III for the PS2 were the two best games but Halo is sooo much better.

Thanks for not flaming me for starting another Halo thread but I had to spead the gospel. (Although everyone here probably has had Halo for a long time).

y2kash_14
04-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

I got it at launch, and just beat it for the zillionth time [on legendary again] yesterday.:D

hah! i got it before the Xbox Launch. :cool:

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Hey Max, would I get a lot of lag on Xbc, knowing I'm on a cable [256k] connection?:(

Well, as you may or may not know, if you are not hosting the game, you'll likely ping. The higher the ping, the worse off you are in regards to lag. If you play on a really good server, you'll get much less lag but you will still incure a slight bullet delay. In other words, you may have to aim slightly further ahead to penetrate your enemy if you are using a pistol or Sniper Rifle. A game of exclusive rocket launchers doesn't hinder at all :D hehe

I upgraded my DSL to 608K upload. I've hosted many games where I had 3-4 people on 3 other XBoxes and no one complained. Of course they endured some bullet delay, which is very common, but, no one complained about freezing or laginess.

If you are hosting the game, a ping is non-applicable but is for anyone who is joining your server, of course. With a 256K upload, you'll probably be able to host 3 other XBoxes with only one person on each XBox. The more people you have on each XBox, the likeliness that they will endure freezing...perhaps even yourself.

XBConnect is for die hard Halo fans (they also allow many other games to be played through it, too). That's why I play on it all the time...I'm a die hard Halo fan. If I have a son some day, I'll likely name him "Master Chief" :D hehe

Insane Jester
05-01-2003, 04:27 AM
WHAT ? u only just got halo man where the hell have u been ....

ARONO129
05-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
WHAT ? u only just got halo man where the hell have u been ....

I wish I would have gotten it a long time ago. everything people say about the game is true.

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 01:19 AM
lol

y2kash_14
05-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Soul Redeemer
lol

you remind me of Snoop :rolleyes:

jaboo
05-04-2003, 08:40 PM
does that mak it the worst game ever or jus a drug

SiGuy
05-04-2003, 09:02 PM
welcome to the club. I think Im gonna hook up some kind of electrical booby trap to my xbox so whenever I put in my halo disk I get electricuted. That should make me put it down:cool: