PDA

View Full Version : no one likes modding here

GreenFire
04-29-2003, 11:27 PM
so i post a message about modding my xbox and the admin deletes it without leaving a trace of it ever being there... why?

SPARTAN VI
04-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Because its against the rules. Don't worry, you'll eventually see some rules and regulations, but you can count on this thread being deleted in a few seconds, too.:eek:

GreenFire
04-29-2003, 11:34 PM
how is that against the rules... as long as im not selling anything or giving out an addy to dl a bios, m$ has nothing on xba, so whats the big deal?

SPARTAN VI
04-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenFire
how is that against the rules... as long as im not selling anything or giving out an addy to dl a bios, m$ has nothing on xba, so whats the big deal?

I didn't make the rules, but I know modding isn't completely legal considering it promotes the selling of illegal copies of games, aka copyright infringement.:watchout:

GreenFire
04-29-2003, 11:46 PM
im going to guess that you are also against kazaa...

Casper
04-29-2003, 11:46 PM
It's just like piracy with p2p programs, it's copyright infringement to discuss hacking an Xbox....if you have a question, PM one of the staff members for the site, they'll give it to you how it is.

And don't get on Spartan for this, as he's not staff. I, nor him, make the rules here, we just abide by them. Just sit back and relax, but if you want to talk about modding, this isn't the spot to be.

Fred Gasman
04-30-2003, 12:10 AM
I don't understand it either.
If someone wants to mod their xbox, I would't give a rats ass. Its their xbox, so they can paint it pink and toss it off their roof for all I care.
Why these kids are so "anti-modding"?.. I don't know. I suppose they worship and respect the xbox, and the evil and faceless corporation that produces them.
I wouldn't mod my xbox... but if someone else did, I wouldn't cry about it.

Modded xboxs can play free downloaded games, and that's unfair to game developers and Microsoft.
We all listen to free downloaded music, and that's unfair to music labels and artists.
Think about that, you ignorant scum.:D

GreenFireX
04-30-2003, 12:16 AM
<-----:hail: :hail: :hail:

talk about modding is bad m'kay. just dont do it m'kay. but seriously like spartan and casper said it is against the rules of xba to talk about it. so just deal with that or if you cant then leave.:cheers:

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
I don't understand it either.
If someone wants to mod their xbox, I would't give a rats ass. Its their xbox, so they can paint it pink and toss it off their roof for all I care.
Why these kids are so &quot;anti-modding&quot;?.. I don't know. I suppose they worship and respect the xbox, and the evil and faceless corporation that produces them.
I wouldn't mod my xbox... but if someone else did, I wouldn't cry about it.

Modded xboxs can play free downloaded games, and that's unfair to game developers and Microsoft.
We all listen to free downloaded music, and that's unfair to music labels and artists.
Think about that, you ignorant scum.:D

Ahem, kids? You're a minor. :watchout:

I don't download music at all, the only mp3 I have on my PC is the Halo2 theme from bungie.net. I do have a copy of JK2, though, but it doesn't even work without installing the game using the master CD.

No one in this thread said that they're against modding, either. We're just following the rules. :cool:

Originally posted by GreenFireX

talk about modding is bad m'kay. just dont do it m'kay. but seriously like spartan and casper said it is against the rules of xba to talk about it. so just deal with that or if you cant then leave.:cheers:

Exactly.

Fred Gasman
04-30-2003, 12:23 AM
You guys are right, this is a mod free website and thats cool.
I'm just saying modding isn't an evil thing, but some people are so against it. It's just like communism ...oops! I've said too much.
PS: whats m-kay?

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
You guys are right, this is a mod free website and thats cool.
I'm just saying modding isn't an evil thing, but some people are so against it. It's just like communism ...oops! I've said too much.
PS: whats m-kay?

Well, not as bad as Communism http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/ruinkai/biglaugh.gif. We don't really have a McCarthy of the forums, yet. Nor has anyone been put to death... I hope...:watchout:

Kraft
04-30-2003, 12:28 AM
*sigh* Definately need to get the forum rules up. Anyways, here is Kraft-XBA's take on the whole mod chip thing and why I will delete threads I see discussing this:

Welcome to XBA, XBA standing of course for XboxAddict. Here at Xbox addict we are big fans of Microsoft and their gaming system, the XBox. In turn it appears that Microsoft is a big fan of us! They tell us how much they like our site and they even do really cool stuff like send us free products to give away to our great members!

Now here is where the mod chip stuff comes in. Microsoft doesn't like modchips... so neither do we. Microsoft views any modchip as totally illegal and in turn, so do we. It was specifically stated in the agreement you... well... agreed to, that there is NO discussion of piracy or any other illegal activities on this forum. This obviously includes modchips.

Please don't even try to argue that they are actually legal as they aren't. It is stated in the microsoft xbox user agreement that you CANNOT reverse engineer the xbox. There is no way they made mod chips without reverse engineering, unless they made random circuit boards and randomly soldered it into different places until finally one of them worked. But it seems you'd have better chances of winning the lottery 20 times straight.

I'm not going to lie and say they are all bad, as I am not a huge fan of regional encoding, but even the discussion of stuff that might be legal in it's own sense will not be tolerated as it was achieved by illegal means.

All in all, there are plenty of other places to discuss stuff like that on the web. This is not one of them. Any threads I see discussing mod chips will be deleted without explanation as I hate having to re-justify myself every week regarding something. Mod chips are just one of the billions of things you have to talk about, there is plenty else out there to discuss on our boards :) Just try and stay away from this topic if you would

Your Friendly Moderator... OF DOOM!
Kraft-XBA