PDA

View Full Version : Third-party controller question ??????????

Vteck3000
12-04-2001, 06:33 PM
I would liek to know if any of you have bought or tried any of the 3rd party controllers that are being sold right now in stores for the XBOX ?? Can you tell me if you would stick with the original one or you would go with a perticular brand that felt more confortable to you. Thank you :D

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 06:39 PM
Personally, I would stick with the regular controllers. Why? Well, what if you go over to your buddy's house and you forget to bring over your third party controller and have to use the normal genuine XBox controller that your buddy has? Watch your buddy humiliate you because you are not used to the controller...not a good place to be. My personal opinion :)

However, one of them looked really appealing to me...it is the Pelican controller. It just looked cool, though, because of the same principle above, I wouldn't buy it. But, here is a picture: Enjoy :)

http://www.4videogamers.com/images/product_images_view/PL-2002.JPG

Vteck3000
12-04-2001, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info. Can i ask you a question MAXIMUS........ how the hell do you put a picture after your signature ......... not the controller one but the one of the guy barely making it across the street picture. Thank you.

Twisted J
12-04-2001, 07:54 PM
i bought a 3rd party controller from interact. trus me you do not want to buy this one. the 2nd day of using it i was playing halo, and it started controlling itself. it looked up in the sky and started spinning around and around and it almost made me sick.
max, your princible would aply to me cuz 1. my friends are too cheap to buy microsoft controllers and 2.The J man can get used to anycontroller in a mater of minutes :)

to put a pic in yours sig, do this [*img*] url of pic [*/img*]

then take out the stars.

to get the url of the pic, right click it, go down to properties and highlight it and copy and paste it
to copy and paste, highlight the url and press crtl+c and the put your cursor in the sig box and pres crtl+v.

if the pic you want has a no right click gaurd then your screwd.

actualy no your not if the pic you want has a no right click guard all you have to do is press enter right after you right click and the menue will pop up anyway.

Frostberg
12-04-2001, 08:24 PM
Yes the pelican controller looks cool, but for the most part I like to stick with the maker, MS. They make quality products. Im sure the pelican one is nice too, but it wont feel like the MS controller. I love the MS controler, and dont see how it can get any better. Plus, I'm never looking at the controller anyway so it doesnt matter! And I think even though the pelican controller looks nice, I like the black MS controller because it matches the Xbox. The green cable is enough for me...

MagicChicken
12-06-2001, 10:44 PM
I was considering the MadCatz Pro controller because of the shape of it's D-pad (like a + sign) and it's lower price

anybody tried it so far?

I really think the +-shaped D pad would make a difference..

Msterrrr
12-07-2001, 05:42 PM
i tried the mad catz controller
at first when you hold it ,, it feels real comfortable,, but the problem is there is absolutely no button action,,, i returned mine the same day,,
i ve been looking for a new one but so far the mircosoft is by far the best out there

SciFi
12-07-2001, 10:41 PM
have one, can't get use tothe button placement, so I mke my friends use it...
no need to overpay if all you will use is 1...but If I get another one I will just get the reg M$one. On 8 plsyer halo, we had th better players on 1 tv, and the worse on the other, so the winner always got teh worse controler to evenout the other people's chances (I use Legacy button setting soI kept my good one no matter what:D )...

MagicChicken
12-08-2001, 09:58 AM
thanks guys, I'll try both of them before buying :D
one last question:

I was interested in the mad catz controller for the + shaped D pad which (me thinks) makes it easier to move diagonally or something

is there any problem hitting the corners with the microsoft D pad?

Frostberg
12-08-2001, 10:08 AM
You shouldnt use the D-pad during gameplay to move if you dont have to. It is just way to slow. Only use the D-pad for things like moving the camera angles in Munchs Odyssey

MagicChicken
12-10-2001, 08:19 AM
thanks Frostberg :)

I'll stay way from 3rd party controllers then!

MensurB
12-10-2001, 11:51 AM
I also like the original controller better, but have you seen the madcatz wireless controller that's coming out, I'm definently getting that one!