PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Music Mixer

Cloud Strife
04-30-2003, 03:36 PM
I finally just got the new issue of OXM today and I noticed something very interesting, a new game developed by Wild Tangent and published by Microsoft called Xbox Muisc Mixer. It will be priced at $39.99 and it will include 12 Karaoke songs, a karaoke microphone, and a 1/4 inch to Xbox controller port connector.

The thing is that you'll be able to put in a CD you like, it will recognize it and record yourslef signing to it. Then you can listen to yourself signing your favorite song in a game like Project Gotham. :D

Now this game is something that I'm really looking forward to because I always wanted a Karaoke game badly. Anybody else see this?

Kraft
04-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Wow! Karaoke. Now all you need is pitchers of cheap beer and you have middle class bar night!

Flood
04-30-2003, 09:00 PM
i can see that connnector being used by people for reasons it wasnt intended......

J Dub
04-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Such as...?

frog11983
05-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Wow! Karaoke. Now all you need is pitchers of cheap beer and you have middle class bar night!

^hahahaha...... hmm, yeah i'm definetly going to do that tomorrow night.... aah college, gotta love it. :cheers:

Reclaimer
05-01-2003, 02:07 AM
I have no desire to hear myself ruin a perfectly good song. Let alone, hear myself ruin a perfectly good song during a game.

Insane Jester
05-01-2003, 04:22 AM
well i dunno about u lots but i bought my xbox to play games ... the novelty of this product might be good for a few hrs but youll get bored . i wish they would stop putting things like this on console's u wanna do stuff like this get a pc ..

Reclaimer
05-01-2003, 04:38 AM
It would probably sell very well in Japan. For some reason they have this nearly unhealthy love for karoake. I don't think it will be a big deal in the US though. In fact, I almost think it's a bad idea for a US release. I just don't see a high demand for something like this.
And next thing we'll see is a dance game for the Xbox.
God, have mercy on us.

NINE BREAKER
05-01-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
God, have mercy on us.

Isn't Dance Dance Revolution coming to the 'Box? Stupid...ass...game
:cuss:

Cloud Strife
05-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
It would probably sell very well in Japan. For some reason they have this nearly unhealthy love for karoake. I don't think it will be a big deal in the US though. In fact, I almost think it's a bad idea for a US release. I just don't see a high demand for something like this.
God, have mercy on us. What's the problem about Karaoke. I absolutely love it and do it all the time.;) This game is not made in Japan but I think it should do decently. This game is what's making me keep my Xbox because I love music games a lot. I doubt the music mixer will do well in Japan because Konami is releasing Karaoke Revolution for PS2.

Originally posted by NINE BREAKER

Isn't Dance Dance Revolution coming to the 'Box? Stupid...ass...game
:cuss: Dance Dance Revolution is one of the best games in the world. DDR Max for PS2 was my Game of the Year last year. I have that game right now and I play it more than any of my Xbox games combined. It's fun dancing to the musical beat. Other great dance games I played were: Samba DeAmigo, Space Channel 5, Parappa The Rapper, Gitaroo Man, Frequency, Amplitude, DDR Disney Mix, and Karaoke Revolution coming this Winter.

The Xbox better have these dance games and karaoke games for me to like it. I can't live without those kind of games. I rahter have them then another stupid PC game or FPS.

chunk83
05-01-2003, 10:07 AM
First of all, DDR pwns, secondly, does the microsoft karaoke come with middle aged asian guys to sing on it? That would be humorous.

Arrakis44
05-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I personally cant see this game being all that successful. I can count on one hand the number of people i know at uni that actually enjoy Karaoke.
The rest only take part when they have.......... drank too much!
I cant see drunken guys and an X-Box mixing very well!

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
oh wow, my dad wants a karaoke machine, so i can just get him this so he can buy me more xbox games LOL!