PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live 2.0

clarkb7
04-30-2003, 07:40 PM
I just read in Offical Xbox Magazine that there is an Xbox live 2.0 comming out in the fall. Suposedly theres alot of really cool stuff thats gonna come with it. If you want to know more, pick up an issue. :cheers:

SPARTAN VI
04-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by clarkb7
I just read in Offical Xbox Magazine that there is an Xbox live 2.0 comming out in the fall. Suposedly theres alot of really cool stuff thats gonna come with it. If you want to know more, pick up an issue. :cheers:

Uhh... that poll has nothing to do with your topic.:eek:

And haven't there been multiple "Xbox Live 1.5, 2.0" or what not, threads already? Thought it was a rumor. :( :watchout:

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 07:54 PM
good thing i didnt get xbox live yet...ill wait for the special edition or whatever it is

MrSlam
04-30-2003, 08:40 PM
It's not a special edition xbox live, it is an upgrade for the whole service, all of the xbox live subscribers will get an upgraded version which you will probably download.

clarkb7
04-30-2003, 08:43 PM
I know that the poll doesn;t have anything to do with it, I just want to know. . . . :rolleyes:

J Dub
04-30-2003, 11:46 PM
:watchout: Ok....

Anyways, this will probably be what you get when you pay for next year's subscription, a download for v2.0.

squier420
05-01-2003, 12:20 AM
I get the official xbox magazine in the mail today.
Yes, there is an article about xbox live 2.0

It says that it has a different graphical interface.

It also says that you "may be able to" get notifications on MSN messanger or your cell phone when your buddies sign on to xbox live. That sounds cool.

They say that Live 2.0 will be out in the fall.

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of the xbox magazine. It comes with demos every month and tells you about games and stuff.

I hope i win some of that stuff they're giving away *cross fingers*

VAN
05-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by squier420

They say that Live 2.0 will be out in the fall.

Actually, it should be on store shelves before the weekend.

clarkb7
05-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Thats bull, OXBM said that it would come out in the fall.:argue1:

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
i think this is jsut new software wit it just that right?

Xbox Owner
05-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by VAN

Actually, it should be on store shelves before the weekend.

Not the new packaging VAN, the whole new design of XBL..like the dash board and stuff..MS is going to some how use people connected to XBL and change their hardware..like..through computers? I dunno..

squier420
05-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Here's how the new xbox live thing works...

think of your xbox as a computer. It has hardware (video card, hard drive, ram, processor, input and output ports, etc...) and it has software. I think (i'm not sure) that your xbox has an operating system that runs your games and plays your music. I'm not sure if this OS is hard wired on to the box or if it's just some files on your xbox hard drive. Probably a combination of the two.

But how xbox live 2.0 works Is that when it is ready, your new games will probably be shipped with the 2.0 upgrade on the game disk so that when you pop it in, it copies the files to your harddrive and replaces the old files that ran the xbox live service. It's also possible that the only way to get the upgrade is by connecting to xbox live and then it will download over your highspeed internet connection. Either way, i think it's a software, and not a question of it having to update your hardware.

And yes, the xbox magazine says that it'll be ready for us in the fall of this year.

If anybody else has a theory on how these kind of updates work, feel free to post your opinion.

tennisplaya07
05-01-2003, 04:06 PM
was this in the most recent mag?

clarkb7
05-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Its all about Halo 2:p It has a picture of the Master Cheif on the front

Insane Jester
05-02-2003, 03:44 AM
i havent even got xbl 1.0 lol

tennisplaya07
05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
ok im sorry bout this but where in the mag does it say about 2.0... am i just dumb and cant find it?

clarkb7
05-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Page 10

Zelda
05-03-2003, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the explanation of software/hardware on Xbox Live. I just spent
hours getting the Xbox Live and the DSL modem configured (for both the Xbox
and a Mac computer) and was wondering
how it was able to work without going through the computer. It all is amazing
to me and the 2.0 sounds even more amazing. Wish the Xbox Magazine cost a
bit less for a subscription. Zelda

clarkb7