PDA

View Full Version : Halo2 E3 trailer (info from OXM)

MrSlam
04-30-2003, 08:41 PM
This is all straight from the OXM preview of halo2. It talks about the trailer to be show at E3 in 2 weeks. Enjoy:

The demo is being created to showcase the game to the world, and even though it is only a small part of a level, it gives a great indication of the type of stunning experience halo 2 will be. Currently called Earthcity, this level is a towering megalopolis, utopian in design, but rendered dystopian by covenant occupation. Glittering stratoscrapers beggar any ideas you ever had about tall buildings. And this scale, height, and grandeur is more than just eye candy – it’s part of the gameplay. In the demo, we see Master Chief, presumably having survived his zero-G freefall into the max of a Covenant invasion force. He’s now backed up by Marines, soaring over a seemingly doomed Earth, and heading for trouble on the streets below. What follows is a Bungie employee, playing real code, on a real Xbox for several minutes (IN GAME FOOTAGE!!!!!!!). He fights, he drives, he runs and jumps through some stunning locations and finally ends the demo with an in engine cuts-scene that will leave you astonished and slavering for more.
I can't wait 2 weeks, I hope it doesn't take long for it to be released on the internet!

Xbox Owner
04-30-2003, 08:55 PM
SWEEEET!

BTW...isn't there supposed to be a PLAYABLE demo there too?

Man..I'm so damn pumped for this game.

Liquid Gears
04-30-2003, 09:13 PM
I gotta tell ya, I gotta a huge adreneline rush for this game.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I Can't Wait!!

No Fear 23
04-30-2003, 09:17 PM
ahhhh!!
they need to stop updating halo 2 news bc the hype meter is going throught the roof.

the more i hear, the more i want it badly, the bigger it becomes an obsession for me. :cuss:

Reclaimer
04-30-2003, 11:52 PM
I find this incredible. Somply because there was this huge piece on CNN about E3, and they even went as far to say that Halo2 would be a no-show. Now, I know some time has progressed, and things can change. I guess things changed for the better. I guess Bungie cranked out something for E3. Either way, this is incredible to hear. Seeing that I was going on the notion that there would be no Halo2 there. This means, that after E3, there could be a public release of a new trailer.......:watchout:

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 01:30 AM
My brother preordered Brute Force from Gamestop and they gave him a two disc set of Halo, Halo 2, and Brute Force content, movies, audio, video, etc etc etc...

And, in regards to the content about the original Halo, they had a movie and in-game footage for it far before the game was released. It's really cool to see...it was even originally in third-person view...

My point in mentioning this is because I think that this upcoming Halo 2 in-game footage is only a taste of what to expect. The original Halo that we have today destroyed the early made movie they had for it...and I expect the same for Halo 2. This gets me even more pumped up! Regardless, I'm stoked to check it out! :D

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
wow MS has a sweet lineup in the coming months, wouldnt yall say?

beekster101
05-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Just curious, for the trailer already out, it doesn't have any game engine graphics right? Those were just cinematics?

Ninja On Fire
05-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Just curious, for the trailer already out, it doesn't have any game engine graphics right? Those were just cinematics?

Nope the Halo 2 Trailer (http://halo2.ninjasonfire.com/movies/halo2_trailer.aspx) is all in game. All that visual goodness is visual goodness.

E Nomini Patri
05-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
The original Halo that we have today destroyed the early made movie they had for it...and I expect the same for Halo 2.

Nope, in the OXM, Bungie says they made the trailer with the intention of it being something that will happen in the final game. You will be able to play what you see in the trailer! The only reason that what you saw in the old E3 trailer for Halo was scrapped was because it was the PC/Mac version, not the X-box version.

BTW, welcome to Xbox Addict Ninja on Fire! I've seen you at the HBO forum and been to your site several times. You ever been to forerunners.org?

Ninja On Fire
05-06-2003, 05:41 PM
BTW, welcome to Xbox Addict Ninja on Fire! I've seen you at the HBO forum and been to your site several times. You ever been to forerunners.org?

Hey man, thanks for the welcome! Although I've been lurking here for quite a while.

This is too cool. I never thought somebody would reconize me outside of Halo sites!

Yeah I've been to forunners.org before, cool site! I love the design. In fact Ill be checking it our right after I hit the 'submit reply' button.

wbio
05-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
My brother preordered Brute Force from Gamestop and they gave him a two disc set of Halo, Halo 2, and Brute Force content, movies, audio, video, etc etc etc...

And, in regards to the content about the original Halo, they had a movie and in-game footage for it far before the game was released. It's really cool to see...it was even originally in third-person view...

My point in mentioning this is because I think that this upcoming Halo 2 in-game footage is only a taste of what to expect. The original Halo that we have today destroyed the early made movie they had for it...and I expect the same for Halo 2. This gets me even more pumped up! Regardless, I'm stoked to check it out! :D

Yeah, that's "The Ultimate Halo Companion Disc Set" one of the discs is the 2nd exhibition disc, but the videos are pretty cool to look at, it's neat to see how far Halo 1 came from '98 to '01. I can't wait to see the guy playing Halo 2.

Shadow20002
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Yeah, another Halo 2 update info !! Bring it on or i will die. Just because there are new trailer... :cry: