PDA

View Full Version : XBOX popping up in the damndest places...

Highlite23
05-01-2003, 08:22 AM
This started on my ride home from work the other day, i was listening to the radio and one of our local stations has a huge spring break blow out every year. The DJ gave his usual shpeel and then the announcer added..."Sponsored by Microsofts XBOX". Apparently there are going to be XBOX booths with playable systems all over.

Then the last few nights.......Watching CSI Miami, they are in a dorm room looking for clues, and whats on the table in front of the TV?? You got it, an XBOX.

George Lopez last night, the son is shown sitting on the floor playing on.............an XBOX.

and there is some commercial, it escaped me, a few guys siting on a couch playing XBOX, before they run out to get whatever the commercial was for.

Anybody have any others??

bbchs_trash
05-01-2003, 08:31 AM
That's funny... one of those showed up in my house too...:)

chunk83
05-01-2003, 09:39 AM
NO MICROSOFT! Why would you let the george lopez show have and xbox? Its the worst show thats ever been on tv.

jabrre
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
This reminds me of TIVO. Afterall, both the XBOX and TIVO have hard drives; are user friendly; and are very hip to have around the house or apartment.

DIGITAL
05-01-2003, 12:19 PM
i heard the xbox mentioned on what i like about you an ive seen it on will an grace,xbox is all over the place:D

KingNader
05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
yae MS got enough money to prmote it everywhere, i like the idea, kill PS2! lol

chunk83
05-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Yes, kill the PS2, it is a peice of garbage.

treyz3
05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Anyone catch Willis McGahee's gear when he got drafted by Buffalo this past weekend?

Xbox hat and Xbox t-shirt. Product placement, baby.

Highlite23
05-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by treyz3
Anyone catch Willis McGahee's gear when he got drafted by Buffalo this past weekend?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Thats a good one.:D

Casper
05-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by treyz3

Hell, with that much rehab and not being able to move for a few months, I'd be playing alot too...

And yea, my friend's bar has 2 Xbox's system linked on 2 thin panel screens - 60"...gotta love it :cheers:

The Nick
05-01-2003, 05:25 PM
well just to add more... before the xbox came out, in Canada there was a group called baby Blue Sound Crew and their video had people playing with an xbox with the old green jewel controller.

And in the show my wife and kids, the kid has an xbox if I'm correct.

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Heh, thats funny..Except for George Lopez..But i can think of a show worse..I've seen it 2wice and almost threw up both times being that bad, The Pitts...Stupidest tv show ever..I cant see the publisher or the writer finding anything in that script even close to funny yet after every other sentence they have the audience laugh..Its rediculous...
But anyway.
I was at the NYC carshow last week and K-Rock, a new york city rock station on the radio was there..And they had,(it mighta been an escalade) but a really nice suv, and it had sick designs..It was the Xbox truck and it had crazy xbox logos and stuff on it..It was so crazy looking..And then as i wa leaving, we were in a rush to catch the train so i couldnt stop, next to the fast and the furious cars, which might i add r friggon sick, they had an xbox thing where there was like 5 of em or so, and kids were playing it..I was so mad i didnt c it earlier.i walked right by it..Thats about the only place i've seen it lately..

MerimacHamwich
05-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Every other day of the week the Xbox crew stops by my local Futureshop and sets up 5 playable Xbox's. The Xbox is seemingly everywhere I go.

chunk83
05-01-2003, 05:34 PM
I dont know, I'd say that the pitts ties with george lopez show. They are both impossible to watch.

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 05:41 PM
No i got a laugh or 2 outta george lopez the first and only time i watched it, but it was stupid..the pitts are by far the worse..

P.S.
Is that a gremlin in your avator.Perhaps Gizmo..Hes so coolll..

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 05:50 PM
hehe...good thread idea, Highlight :D

Now that you mention it, as I have shared before, I work part-time at an electronics retailer...and we sell RF Modulators primarily for people trying to hook up their DVD players on a TV that only boasts an analog coax input. On the cover of the RF Modulator, it has three pictures...from left to right it has a picture of a DVD player, then a VCR, then....an XBOX to show that you can use the RF Modulator for hooking up "game systems" :D hehe...it used to have a picture of a Playstation :wink:

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Maximus, would u be able to use that connector mabob u were just talking about to hook up like an xbox or ps2 to an old tv that cant hook up regularly..Cause when i first got my Xbox, my tv was to old to hook up the xbox..So is that what i would buy?
If so, wats te name of it?

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Maximus, would u be able to use that connector mabob u were just talking about to hook up like an xbox or ps2 to an old tv that cant hook up regularly..Cause when i first got my Xbox, my tv was to old to hook up the xbox..So is that what i would buy?
If so, wats te name of it?

Yes, you could use an "RF Modulator" (any brand will do just fine) because it simply give your television the capability to hook your XBox with Composite video and audio cables that come with the XBox (the yellow, red, and white inputs). It will likely only have one set to use and if you want multiple inputs simply add a "Selector Switch" and you can add several more.

Another solution is to simply pick up the XBox "RFU Adapter". These are console specific, so make sure you get the one for XBox. I have seen a universal RFU adapter which was pretty cool for those who only have an analog coax "thing a ma bobber" on the back because it has options to hook up an XBox, a GC, or a Playstation. Pretty sweet if you have multiple consoles :wink:

WynnFire
05-01-2003, 06:04 PM
A few months ago I saw a tv show that was personally customizing vehicles for famous people. One of them was for Erika Christensen (crack girl from Traffic and demented girl from Swimfan) and it was a Chevy Avolanche with an Xbox in the back and I think two monitors in the seats. My jaw flew right open when they mentioned Xbox. I was waiting for them to say it was a PS2. :D

Reclaimer
05-01-2003, 06:19 PM
The only thing I've noticed is that 50Cent mentions having an Xbox in one his songs. I forgot the name, it's one of the first few songs. Something about having the laptop and an Xbox....

I'll keep my eye's peeled for product placement.

BlindSniper
05-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
This started on my ride home from work the other day, i was listening to the radio and one of our local stations has a huge spring break blow out every year. The DJ gave his usual shpeel and then the announcer added..."Sponsored by Microsofts XBOX". Apparently there are going to be XBOX booths with playable systems all over.

Then the last few nights.......Watching CSI Miami, they are in a dorm room looking for clues, and whats on the table in front of the TV?? You got it, an XBOX.

George Lopez last night, the son is shown sitting on the floor playing on.............an XBOX.

and there is some commercial, it escaped me, a few guys siting on a couch playing XBOX, before they run out to get whatever the commercial was for.

Anybody have any others??

hehe my my you are observant......m I saw an xbox on a billboard....darndst place!

Wolf
05-01-2003, 06:30 PM
the son on frasier has an xbox i think.

NINE BREAKER
05-02-2003, 01:53 AM
"Xbox in the front, in the back DVD/ Got tv's in the head rest with the big wide screen..." -Lil Romeo in "Tight Wips" by the 504 boys.

And I believe that Digital said it, but on Will and Grace on Fox, the rich chick Karen has one with a HUGE ass tv, may be projected onto the wall though.

Sodacider
05-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Its not so much that Xboxes pop up, its just that when they are somewhere no one has the guts to try and lift it out of the room before taping.

Insane Jester
05-02-2003, 03:34 AM
in u.k we have buses with ads all over them and ive seen a bus in black and green with a massive x down the side looks scary as hell ..