PDA

View Full Version : GAP --> Gamer Against Port

Megaherz *RAGE*
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
I recently have the chance to rate my 75th games and i must admit that x-box is full of port.

I am really bored of playing a game that has been already released a couple of months ago on other console with only a few minor details for the x-box's version ( that we don't really care ) or other game that it's multi-platform ( who we know always have bad visual ). But the worst thing i ever saw is when companies bring out some amazing game like Hunter The Reckoning and Splinter Cell and decided that it will go to other platform to, of course, gain more money ! Finally where the X-box Live game ?

If you, want some recent or good example here they are :

Pro Race Driver
Red Fation 2
The sims
V-Rally 3
TimeSplitter 2
Blood Rayne
Mortal Kombat : Deadly Alliance
Conflict : Desert Storm
and etc ............

So what i do is i called Microsoft to wake them and here the answer i got :

Actually i can't do anything for you because you seem to be the only one to conplaint about it

So i ask if i can do something to change the destiny of x-box

He said : Nothing could be done right now, but if your cause touch a major part of the gamer population it will be considered in our next meeting.

Hum ! Seem i need to do sometihng about that, but what ?
Naturally i find the answer and i created the Gap, an association of gamers against port.

Here the rules if you want to join us :

- Cut off the direct port, don't even try to buy one of them
- Enjoy exclusive game
- If it doesn't work, all port will be banned

What we want :

- Game like Castle Of Wolfenstein : Tides Of War because it is the best example of what develloper need to do to sell their game and make us happy
- X-box Live capacity
- X-box feature : system link play, custom soundtrack, HDTV, custom language

Why :

- To bring x-box on the map
- Enjoy better game
- And of course Microsoft will do more money if we are satisfied of their product

What you need to do to be in :

- Send me a e-mail to kornpots@hotmail.com with your gamertag and your games list

- Prepare yourself to send letter or participate to every project

I have nothing left to lose ( HTR ), so prepare to fight ( UC ) because battle is glory and glory is battle ( TE )

Ps : If you have any sugestion send them too and if someone can help us with a tag that everyone should wear it can be really cool

Join us, because we are proud to be a gamer against port !

Sorry for the mistake !

RudedogX
05-01-2003, 12:58 PM
First, this shouldn't be in the E3 section, it should be in the general discussion or off-topic.

Secondly, no offense man, but with language like that, you're not going to be taken very seriously in a business environment, so I'd recommend getting a better writer for your material.

Finally, while the cause is good, it's too much like the usual online petitions that do nothing for the people that sign them.

Oh yeah, and good luck on getting people to wear uniforms :rofl:

Megaherz *RAGE*
05-01-2003, 01:01 PM
It's a tag man not an uniform and if you can expect to respect people who don't actually talk in english i just have five words for you : **** you off mother ******!

Second i know that i did a mistake but it's my first time posting something here so be patient dude !

RudedogX
05-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Megaherz *RAGE*
It's a tag man not an uniform and if you can expect to respect people who don't actually talk in english i just have five words for you : **** you off mother ****er !
Wow...and to think, I wasn't being insulting either. Go figure...Just stating a fact...If you are going to write in english to a major company, they will expect it in a professionally written manner.:rolleyes:

LynxFX
05-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Not really sure what you are after with this.

For one thing, you are against ports correct? So am I. Most are horribly done, especially when they come from the PS2. But then you say we want more games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein? Well that is a port of a year old PC game. Sure it has added features, some levels, but it is still a port. So you are kinda shooting yourself in the foot there.

And yes, this is the wrong forum, so I'm moving it.

Edit: And if you don't want this thread closed, then lay off the swearing and personal attacks. First and only warning.

Megaherz *RAGE*
05-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Soorry dude i posted him two times because i wanst able to erase this one.

Next time i will keep my good work on x-box review them participating to a communauty.

Brevity
05-01-2003, 01:55 PM
I am a member of GADP
Gamers Against Dumb People

I had a sig thing but I lost it, I will look for it and post it here.

Dre
05-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Owning only an Xbox, I'm happy that I get to play some of the better PS2 or GC games when they get ported. If you don't want to play the port, then don't. Making a little club, or society, or whateva ain't going to change the facts.

1. Companies that port games to different consoles get more money for a few extra months work. This means very good investment on the devs part.

2. Some of the games you mentioned where released in tandem with the other consoles. These aren't exactly ports, but multi-platform games.

And here's a tip if you are actually going to go through with all this... you can buy all your gear with your "tags" and emblems and stuff here (http://www.gap.com)

strangefate
05-04-2003, 03:00 PM
But the worst thing i ever saw is when companies bring out some amazing game like Hunter The Reckoning and Splinter Cell and decided that it will go to other platform to, of course, gain more money !

Actually, what they did with Splinter Cell was great, although it did make me a little bitter when they released it to other platforms...but anyway, they redesigned the game for PS2 and GC so to speak. The XBox version fully takes advantage of its graphics, they of course had to bring the graphics down a bit for the PS2, while simultaneously adding new missions (XBox has downloadable missions), and I believe the GC has some special features that can be accessed by linking the GBA version to the GC.

This is the way all games should be ported.

AlBoogy
05-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Im not against ports. Ill take a port over not getting the game at all. We cant expect developers to make ports w/ all these extra things you wan. You have to remember, Xbox is the new system in town. Nintendo and Sony have achieved something. Microsoft hasnt (as far as consoles are concerned). Give it time. We will eventually get our share of original products that utilize the Xbox's hardware.

Tix
05-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Soorry dude i posted him two times because i wanst able to erase this one.

Next time i will keep my good work on x-box review them participating to a communauty.

yo salut tu viens du québec comme moi...ça va?...yo fais attention car ces esti de tabarnac vont te morde si t'insultes un de leur...attention!..pis quoi de 9?....VIVE LE QUÉBEC osti!

Shadow20002
05-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey port is just a method to bring more games on all consoles !!

l Maximus l
05-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Eye had a haard tyme under standiiiiing tha pozt 4 sum reeson.... :D

Dre
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Tix

yo salut tu viens du québec comme moi...ça va?...yo fais attention car ces esti de tabarnac vont te morde si t'insultes un de leur...attention!..pis quoi de 9?....VIVE LE QUÉBEC osti!

Va t'assir. "Vive le Québec osti!" <- svp, pourrais tu être plus hick?

Dyslexic Chaos
05-05-2003, 01:07 PM

Huh, wtf does that say. My brain hurts now.

Master Gracey
05-05-2003, 02:14 PM
This is nothing more than fanboyism running rampant... these companies are out to make money, and the way to make the most money is by releasing games on all platforms. Remember how we all poked fun at Rockstar for saying that they were going to keep GTA on PS2 because that was the way for it to "reach the biggest audience?" Sounds pretty stupid, eh? Well it works both ways.

We should be thankful to Ubisoft for releasing Splinter Cell to Xbox first. They raised the bar for Xbox games, and are now doing so for other consoles as well. They're giving us extra levels to download on XBL. Compare that to EA and Rockstar, who make games that look crappy on PS2, then they port the crap to Xbox without upgrading the graphics to their full potential (not to mention taking out online capabilities and other features).

Needless to say, the decision to release Splinter Cell multiplatform is going to result in more money for Ubisoft. More money for Ubisoft means better games for all of us. They've already proven that they're out to make quality titles that not only look as best as they can, but are fun. They know that each console is unique, and they'll push each to it's limits. They're not going to play fanboy like EA and Rockstar.

Obviously, first-party games are going to remain limited to their respective console, but third-party developers should be allowed to do what they want, so long as they're trying their best (unlike EA :watchout: ). They're the ones who often find the creative solutions that revolutionize the way console games are built (as opposed to the first-party developers, who adhere to more conventional methods). They're also the ones pushing the limits of creativity and graphics. The more they put out, the better they get. And I'll support that, no matter what.

glow_habs_glow
05-11-2003, 08:23 AM
so dre...its been awhile, ive been waiting in the trades forums...where are my games?