PDA

View Full Version : Crouching or "lying prone" in Halo 2?



CableKC
05-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know if Halo 2 will incorporate a "crouching" and "lying prone" stance....a la Ghost Recon....into the game?

I would think that it would be a useful feature to ensure greater accuracy while leaving less mobility.

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 07:03 PM
I wouldnt like that idea..Not for HALO..Idk y, i just cant picture it for HALO..I geuss since its like a Sci- Fi, and hes like a robot..Wierd, but idk..

Variation-XBA
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Id love a 'feign death' like Unreal had... :)

EHWfedPres
05-01-2003, 09:15 PM
hopefully you can lay down with the sniper rifle.

Reclaimer
05-01-2003, 09:59 PM
I hope you can go prone in Halo2. It gives you a slight tactical advantage. Meaning you are presenting yourself as a smaller target. You should always fire from a prone/crouch position. Running and firing just isn't safe.
Advance. Crouch behind cover, fire. Repeat. You should only run to the nearest cover along your path.
Enough tactical lessons, ya'll figure it out, when you get tired of dying.

Prone would be advantageous for setting up a sniper position, or laying in ambush. 'Nuff said.

lotec16
05-03-2003, 06:10 PM
that would be nice if you were in prone and a ghost could just drive over you, you wouldn't die then. in blood gultch you know how one end has the high hill with rocks, while normally i stand behing a warthog(a.k.a. puma) and it provides enough cover and just enough to snipe(hard to xplain if u don't get it) but it would be sweet to go under it for protection

LongBow
05-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Hehe.. Puma...

I would love a prone position for snipeing. but I dont think it would be good in a fire fight.

EHWfedPres
05-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
You should always fire from a prone/crouch position. Running and firing just isn't safe.

Thats true, even in Halo. I always snipe people or hide in the base during ctf games with a shotgun and last them to death upon entering...:cool:

No Fear 23
05-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LongBow
but I dont think it would be good in a fire fight.


how so?:eek:

jaboo
05-05-2003, 09:53 PM
halo tends 2 b very fast paced......i luv 2 jus pop ppl n run.........lying down wood kinda ruin the game.....lik in ghost recon....it takes lotta time 2 get up...

jaboo
05-05-2003, 09:57 PM
tho i do crouch alot it cs.....yea......prone wood b koo......guess we's jus hafta wait n c

Ninja On Fire
05-06-2003, 10:24 AM
I hope they keep the crouch in Multiplayer, I just got good at using the crouch in combat too....

I assume that if it's in Halo:CE and it's good it's going to be in Halo:BC.

Reclaimer
05-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by LongBow
Hehe.. Puma...

I would love a prone position for snipeing. but I dont think it would be good in a fire fight.

How would it not be good? Moving in a fight increases your odds of getting killed. Anytime bullets start to fly, you drop at the nearest cover and start engaging. Movement should only be performed at last resort, and only to another object of cover, under cover fire.

Going prone or crouching makes you a smaller target.

EHWfedPres
05-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
How would it not be good? Moving in a fight increases your odds of getting killed. Anytime bullets start to fly, you drop at the nearest cover and start engaging. Movement should only be performed at last resort, and only to another object of cover, under cover fire.

we're not talking about real life, we're talking about Halo. If you stay still, you are a much easier target to hit, wether crouched or not...one rocket or well placed sniper shot will lay you out in a second.

Ninja On Fire
05-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Or a grenade.... The second somebody stands still in any Halo match your grenade bait.

But crouching during a one on one encounter can save your ass. You can croutch out of a PP or PR freeze, crouch a shotgun blast or even a sniper shot.

Reclaimer
05-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres


we're not talking about real life, we're talking about Halo. If you stay still, you are a much easier target to hit, wether crouched or not...one rocket or well placed sniper shot will lay you out in a second.

True, and true again. But, in Halo, you can run around the middle of Bloodgulch or any level like a jabronie and still get laid out with a rocket, grenade, or a sniper. So, you're a target either way. Moving, you draw attention to yourself. Visibly, and on the motion tracker.
Halo offers enough realism where cover is a viable factor, and where stance can determine your survival time.
Sure, a rocket, grenade, or sniper can eat your lunch, but it can at anytime. And, like any good soldier, you don't put yourself in that situation, if you want to live. Meaning making for damn sure that the coast is clear before you run from the sidewinder base to the middle passage.
Meaning, you have to think on your feet. Meaning, you know a sniper is set up somewhere. What can you use to block his shots and get you to safety. Where can you hide to get the upperhand.
That's against the calulating enemy. Now against the run around and charge noob's. Find a good footing, get fortified, take cover and hold your ground. Blast them as they run through a natural choke point like a doorway. That way you work the fatal funnel in your favor. Hunker down in a corner, or against something. cover the door and shoot when they advance. The threshhold prevents them from sidestepping. So they're allowed only to go forward and die, or retreat and die. They can't scope in when getting hit, and the top of the doorway can deflect a grenade if they're off balance and throwing. Now you have a 180 degree arc of fire and visibility. Add a partner to your position, and now you're tucked in, and ready to kill.

EHWfedPres
05-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer


True, and true again. But, in Halo, you can run around the middle of Bloodgulch or any level like a jabronie and still get laid out with a rocket, grenade, or a sniper. So, you're a target either way. Moving, you draw attention to yourself. Visibly, and on the motion tracker.
Halo offers enough realism where cover is a viable factor, and where stance can determine your survival time.
Sure, a rocket, grenade, or sniper can eat your lunch, but it can at anytime. And, like any good soldier, you don't put yourself in that situation, if you want to live. Meaning making for damn sure that the coast is clear before you run from the sidewinder base to the middle passage.
Meaning, you have to think on your feet. Meaning, you know a sniper is set up somewhere. What can you use to block his shots and get you to safety. Where can you hide to get the upperhand.
That's against the calulating enemy. Now against the run around and charge noob's. Find a good footing, get fortified, take cover and hold your ground. Blast them as they run through a natural choke point like a doorway. That way you work the fatal funnel in your favor. Hunker down in a corner, or against something. cover the door and shoot when they advance. The threshhold prevents them from sidestepping. So they're allowed only to go forward and die, or retreat and die. They can't scope in when getting hit, and the top of the doorway can deflect a grenade if they're off balance and throwing. Now you have a 180 degree arc of fire and visibility. Add a partner to your position, and now you're tucked in, and ready to kill.

Well you're right about moving, that makes you appear on the enemy radar, so if you're going to move, you have to do it far away from the enemy base, and not out in the open like you said, you need to have some cover. But there are still some instances where moving is your best bet. For instance...you're advancing on the enemy base in blood gultch and 2 opponents come out the front door...they see you. You can do several things. One option is to duck behind a rock (several around on that map by the bases) and try to kill them that way. What they can do it toss a grenade at you, or run around the rock and then kill you. Suppose one of them has a rocket. You're dead if you dont think about moving, unless they are a horrible shot. But if you get up and move around, you are a harder target to hit. hitting you with a grenade or rocket wouldnt be as easy.

Slayer02
05-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer


How would it not be good? Moving in a fight increases your odds of getting killed. Anytime bullets start to fly, you drop at the nearest cover and start engaging. Movement should only be performed at last resort, and only to another object of cover, under cover fire.

Going prone or crouching makes you a smaller target.
Reclaimer, this isn't ghost recon, one shot wont kill you. But now if your proned, you are a samller target yes, but if a bullet hits you, it's a headshot.