PDA

View Full Version : Who else plays Halo over XBconnect?

chunk83
05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
I was just wondering if any of my fellow xbox addicts play the almighty halo online, using Xbox connect. I would like to find people that live somewhat near me, to insure good ping.

l Maximus l
05-01-2003, 05:41 PM
I play Halo on XBConnect religiously...probably more than I play on XBL due to the lack of interesting games... Though, I do play plenty of GR and MotoGP.

I live in Seattle but would probably give you a pretty good ping anyhow...I recently upgraded my DSL to have 608K upload. I hosted multiple games now that had 4 people on one of the XBoxes and 3 people on the other two. They all said that it was smooth as silk...and the one XBox that had 4 people on it was as far away as Montgomery, Alabama :D

hebgbz
05-01-2003, 06:06 PM
I would love to play xboxconnect but for the life of me can't figure out how to do it. I have a dsl modem, a 4 port router, and 2 pc's. i downloaded the xbox connect software, connect my xbox to the router and bring up the software on my pc and I get this stuff about my ip address is not right or something such as that. I gave up after awhile and went on to other things.

if someone with similar set up could give me simple and easy to follow instructions, I would love to go out there and play.

Thanks in advance.

BlindSniper
05-01-2003, 06:36 PM
I would love to play xbconnect too! Its just I play xbl fine.....but noone is ever on halo! I havent played yet......noones on!

Wolf
05-01-2003, 06:41 PM
I used to but now neither gamespy or xbconnet are working. live is working fine though

GrizzlySuit
05-01-2003, 06:48 PM
i used to to, but my computer moved far away from the xbox

BattleAxe2006
05-01-2003, 08:17 PM
just curious... does xbox connect cost anything?