PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Wrestling

berries69
05-01-2003, 10:26 PM
well you know how Def Jam Vendetta is a wrestling game with rappers what if they made a game along the same lines like same game engine, gameplay and everything but instead of rappers it was rockstars. And the best part......be running on the god of all consoles XBOX.I know for one being a rock/metal fan i would love it.
if you think it would be a good idea who do you think would be in it?
I've thought of a few:
Ozzy
All members of Metallica
Steven Tyler(from aerosmith)
Fred Durst(from Limp Bizkit)
Scott Stapp(from Creed,just to see him and Fred finally go at it would be great)
Tommy Lee(from Motley Crue)
Phil Anselmo(from Pantera)
Marilyn Manson

RudedogX
05-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Uh...I think the closest thing you'll find is Celebrity Deathmatch, and no, I don't think this would sell well due to the fact that most rappers are known by their names where as lead singers for rock groups...very few are actually known by their real names by the general public.

Liquid Gears
05-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Uh...I think the closest thing you'll find is Celebrity Deathmatch, and no, I don't think this would sell well due to the fact that most rappers are known by their names where as lead singers for rock groups...very few are actually known by their real names by the general public.

Why do you keep talking? Seriously, everyone's sick of all your ignorance.

berries69
05-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
you have to be kidding "most rappers are known by their real names" just about 90% of the rappers are known by nicknames, DMX, Method Man, Redman, 50 Cent, the list goes on and on. Im just saying that a game that focused on a music genre that at least had some talent would do well.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 08:11 PM
bad

Variation-XBA
05-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Horrible Idea, hope it never sheds light. Only reason I was midly interested in Def Jam was cause the engine.

RudedogX
05-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by berries69

you have to be kidding "most rappers are known by their real names" just about 90% of the rappers are known by nicknames, DMX, Method Man, Redman, 50 Cent, the list goes on and on. Im just saying that a game that focused on a music genre that at least had some talent would do well.
I know that...I'm saying the fact that most rappers are known by their stage names, where as most bands are known by their band names, and not many people actually take the time to learn the individual's names within the band.

BTW...LG, feel free to keep attacking...I'm not gonna bother with you.

Casper
05-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Why do you keep talking? Seriously, everyone's sick of all your ignorance.

Stop being a dam troll and go somewhere else

Originally posted by berries69

What he's saying is that you don't really associate the lead singer's name with the name of the group, unless your a true follower. But with hip-hop, everyone has a nickname or street name. No sense in making this a rock vs rap thread, it's been done many times before, hell, he doesn't even listen to rap, trust me. But I think the idea sucks anyways....might as well do Backyard Wrestling and get them to all run out of their trailers.

RudedogX
05-03-2003, 08:26 AM
I do listen to some rap, but not too much. Mostly alternative and rock for me, but even so, I do know the names of Tommy Lee (due to pamela's video :yikes: ), and then Scott Stapp simply due to how much his name has been mentioned in the press, but after that, I couldn't tell you the names of say the band members of Fuel, or Staind, or Disturbed, etc...they just don't matter me, the quality of the music makes the band stand out, and if I like the band, I will still rarely read the inside cover of the CD, I will just enjoy the band as a whole.

And I'll just reiterate...it would be a bad idea, since very few people would even bother picking it up, since not many know the actual people's names.