PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Morrowind?

chunk83
05-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Now that morrowind has become a platinum hit, I'm seriously considering purchasing. I just wanted to know if its worth 20 bucks.

l Maximus l
05-03-2003, 12:28 AM
It's definately worth it to buy for $20, in my opinion.

chunk83
05-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Our the worlds within morrowind truly massive and diverse? Most of all, is it fun at all?

l Maximus l
05-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Are the worlds massive? Well, let me put it this way, if you managed to beat the game three times or so, you'd likely still not be able to see the entire game!

Also, what's cool about it is that they are adding an expansion to it so you can play on another island. Sounds pretty sweet...or is that only for the PC version? Hmmm...now I'm not sure.

Personally, I'm not into RPGs, but, I have a buddy that is and he recently bought it and thinks it's awesome.

Duke
05-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Expansion is only for PC.

If you like RPG, then get this. I'm not even a big fan of the genre, but this title did wonders for passing some of the time while I waited for XBL. It's not perfect, but it's a great game.

Kortiz
05-03-2003, 01:47 AM
I think the expansion is only for the PC. Unless MS finds some way to get the expansion pack added to XBL.....it would probably cost 20 or so bucks and only through XBL.

afaik though it is only for PC.

I am probably going to get this game when i get the money to spend.

shrew king
05-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Both expansions are coming to the Xbox, and yes, the game is worth it at 50 bucks, much more so at 20. Buy it.

Duke
05-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Well if the expasions are coming to the xbox they'll be completely separate games.

Not add-ons.

Prove me wrong Shrew because I hope you're right, but from the Bethesda forums quite awhile back they made it clear that there would be no downloads for xbox Morrowind.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident I'm not.

shrew king
05-03-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Well if the expasions are coming to the xbox they'll be completely separate games.

Not add-ons.

Prove me wrong Shrew because I hope you're right, but from the Bethesda forums quite awhile back they made it clear that there would be no downloads for xbox Morrowind.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident I'm not.

I'm starting to question it now, but I am pretty sure someone started a thread in the General Discussion about the two coming to Xbox or something. Let me see if I can find it, look for an edit to this post.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33236&highlight=morrowind+expansion

I don't know how it will work, I don't know if there is a full version of Morrowind in there, or how it will work, but supposedly these are comfirmed for Xbox. We can only hope they fixed the damn problems with the game, that is what made me stop playing it.

echohype
05-03-2003, 03:37 AM
At first I liked it, and it is VERY huge as well-gets confusing at times.

But after much play I found it to be quite "lonely" just playing by myself in a huge world, no xbox live, etc.

Just my thoughts.

peace

knightofpain
05-03-2003, 08:16 AM
I will buy it someday.Played it for many hours when I rented it.It's a real challenge defeating the monsters.

Highlite23
05-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
Both expansions are coming to the Xbox, and yes, the game is worth it at 50 bucks, much more so at 20. Buy it.

What Shrew said..............:wink:

Professor Kaos
05-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

What Shrew said..............:wink:

Agreed

EHWfedPres
05-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Morrowind is an amazing game. Took up way too much of my time. If you cannot find something to do in morrowind, then you are pretty pathetic...in other words, you will probably not get bored with it for quite a while if you like games of that nature.

The Nick
05-03-2003, 11:02 AM
if you have a long attention span and can focus and be persistent, then this is the game for you.

Shadow20002
05-03-2003, 05:59 PM
A great game not to miss by any words. But one thing i always repeat: update is needed for the Xbox version !!! Keep burning me... :watchout:

jbp641
05-03-2003, 08:22 PM
I did not like it

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Erm .. Ya, or if ur a bit skeptical rent it .. :)

VenoM
05-04-2003, 01:33 AM
the game is good at first but then after a while gets boring...the fighting sucks as well.....its not a horrible game but its not good either imo...very buggy as well.....but is it worth 20 bucks?...i think so...only thing great i found in the game was the water..amazing looking :D wish the models looked better as well