PDA

View Full Version : Azurik *ANY GOOD* ?????

Kumitsu
12-04-2001, 10:42 PM
my parents bought it for me today, and before i open it i want to know if its good or not ? this question applies for the people that have played it... please respond.

Kumitsu
12-04-2001, 10:44 PM
on a side note.. i forgot to mention... *YES I LOVE RPGS* but only good rpgs that are interesting. :)

Kumitsu
12-04-2001, 11:38 PM
come on guys.. 14 views of this message and nobody has answered ? either your to lazy to help me out, or you dont have the game...

Come on guys, we are XBOX fans !!! help the people in need !!! , dont let gamecube or playstation messageboard over pass xbox's.... the least you can do is help someone out, and i need help..... if you dont have the game, thats fine... please help me.

DT21
12-05-2001, 12:01 AM
I posed this question a while back, maybe that's why no one is really responding. Check that thread to find out if it's good.

GLHeX
12-05-2001, 02:59 AM
If you *LOVE RPG's* you may not be too crazy about this title, because it isnt one...

As a matter of fact i just started playing it today...

Its not too bad, at times the voice acting and 'part' of the story gets kinda cheesy, but so far other then those one or two times, its not too bad.

Im not far enough to give a well rounded opinion on the game just yet. There is a great deal of exploring that must be done to gain crystals and such, the fight sequence uses only 2 buttons however jump + attack forms an overhead 'smash'.

At first glance the character fighting animations seems SO weak, but once you accually make contacat the combo animations change, and depending on what element you have unleashed on your axion there will be a new animation durring the combos which mixes things up quite nicely.

So far all in all, id rent this game without the feeling that 6 bucks went to waste.

Honestly i picked up this title to pass the time.

After finishing odd world and playing hours of DOA3 and HALO, it gives me something to play untill Max Payne and SH2 hit the stores.

So if youre looking for a game that will keep you busy and visually - on the lookout, id say crack it open. What would you return it for anyway? Some crappy Nascar game? =]

EliGC
12-05-2001, 07:25 AM
I just unlocked the whole Water realm and I can tell you that this game is pretty good. The most interesting part is all the hidden places and very nicely done scenery.

l Maximus l
12-05-2001, 10:25 AM
I actually bought Azurik and first started playing last night. After only playing it one day, I feel about the same as GLHex does.

The game reminds me a lot like Zelda minus the Ocarina or the Majoras Mask ;) In Azurik, there is a hell of a lot more fighting than there is in Zelda.

The graphics are really good. The game play, on the other hand, takes a little while to get used to...Since I have only played for a few hours last night, I'm probably still getting used to the controls.

Azurik is most likely the kind of game that you won't ever play again after you beat it. Put it this way, it's better than Zelda but not as good as Halo, in my opinion.

Azurik is kind of like an Action/RPG...but, closer to the action genre, in my opinion. I hope that helps :)

As for "opening it"...well, it's up to you. It's the kind of game that will certainly keep your interest until you beat it. I understand that it has about 80 hours of play value, that is, if you knew where you were going the entire time! So, it should keep you busy and the graphics are stunning.

Azurik's jab looks okay, but, as GLHex pointed out, once you are in battle using the jab (A button), Azurik starts going into a combo, which looks nice. He also performs a sweep with his axion by hitting the B button...looks nice and does a great job when several enemies are on your ass. Also, for the bigger enemies, the jump (Y button) plus the B button allows you to to an overhead slash...pretty effective.

One of the cool features I like about the game is that you get "new powers" and your axion receives "water power", so you can stab at a wall of fire and douse it out to pass through. Also, with your "fire power", you can jab at ice blocks that melt so you can pass through.

Azurik has pretty cool levels. It seems that I am down playing this game a little bit...but, to be quite honest, the more I write about this, the more I want to get home a start playing it again! lol