jaboo
05-03-2003, 08:16 PM
:argue1:

which game gonna b bigger??!??!?!

Halo 2 or Fable..........

echohype
05-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Halo 2 for sure.

I know many people who don't even know what fable is, but mention halo to them, and they've either played it, heard of it, or watch someone play it.

Halo 2 is going to be too huge, off the hook, and revolutionary.

:)

Slayer02
05-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Halo, for SURE pre-order this one or you will not be able to find it for MONTHS.

echohype
05-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02
Halo, for SURE pre-order this one or you will not be able to find it for MONTHS.

I pre-ordered this sucker back in november.

Placed 2-3 orders at funcoland, 2 orders at circuit city, and 1 at eb.

I'm also on the waiting list since I maxed out the amount to get more too :)

So if anyone can't get one, and they must have it, I"ll have many copies for good prices :)

hahah

StudioAlex
05-04-2003, 07:29 PM
I really don't think it will be a problem for Microsoft to print enough discs. I imagine they will circulate anywhere from 50 to seventy five percent of the installed base. To own an Xbox and not own Halo 2 is like going out with a stripper and not getting head.

echohype
05-04-2003, 10:39 PM
"To own an Xbox and not own Halo 2 is like going out with a stripper and not getting head."

lol, very funny, and a good point :P

pepitonet
05-05-2003, 11:35 AM
it all depents on what kind of player you are for me neither halo or halo 2 are worthed my time but morrowinds or anyother rpg are more of a challenge( i don't want to start a war or flamming here if you disagree with me just ignore this post) so as far as i am concern fable will be much more better than halo 2 that is my opinion as a RPGish

If i was a Shooter i would say that halo 2 is pretty close to be equal or worst than the first one the first one was the best shooter games up to now and to make it better it will take too much work but they have changed too many things that might make the game from the best to just one more of the bunch
if oyu don't know of the changes i am talking about read the latest OXM(19) so you find it out

Hugh_Jass
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
I'll be buying Fable.

I didn't like the original Halo, so I doubt I'll but the sequel.

Teleteeps
05-06-2003, 12:05 AM
I think Halo 2 will be the best game ever made for any system, Fable will be decent

Zonza
05-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Fable will be revolutionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kortiz
05-20-2003, 01:01 PM
You can't compare the 2, i have a feeling fable will do more revolutionizing(is this a word) than halo2. Halo2 has the hype. It has the publicity. Fable is unknown to a lot of people. With an overload of commercials and such, Fable could have a great following. I cannot wait for either. Luckily they wont be coming out at the same time, so i can enjoy each of them separately.

StudioAlex
05-24-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm looking forward to both. I expect both to blow me away. Which do I think about more often? Halo2.

Have you guys seen the E3 demo? The gameplay is so expanded, I don't think Doom3 will even compare. Sure, Doom looks phenominal, but it can't have the same gameplay from ten years ago. Games like half life and Halo have pushed the genre so far...

Knight
05-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Halo2

RyoTheWanderer
05-24-2003, 09:02 PM
i cant decide u have put me between 2 favs, stop doing mind tricks....:argue1: :argue1: :argue1: :argue1: :argue1:

Stygard
05-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Halo or Fable?....

Halo is a sequel, so it may be suspect.

Fable, however will be an instant classic.

You can't really compare anyways, they are two different genres of games.

peace out

LongBow
05-26-2003, 07:51 AM
Fable will be "Bigger". Its an RPG, an open-ended one at that (yayhhh!)
Halo will be will be better though, cus guns are fun.:D
But get both. its worth the money

sabca
05-26-2003, 05:01 PM
As far as which will be more popular, I would have to say Halo 2.

As far a which will be a better game, well, that is a good question. A good question indeed, and ****ed if I know the answer. They'll both be utterly undescribably incredible in so many ways. So we'll just have to wait and see. :)

RyoTheWanderer
05-27-2003, 12:27 AM
i just thought of the best solution, ill get a mow some lawns, and buy them both! :rofl:

JR Alberda
05-29-2003, 01:54 PM
wELL I will get both of course,

they look awesome.

They should make a new game that mixes both called FABLO 3

I had made a ****y FABLO 3 sign that spanned about 10 lines but I accidentley pressed escape, being an autocad user, and it all erased. Tough cookies.

thrAsher
05-30-2003, 12:19 PM
JR Alberda: How 'bout 'Hable'? :wink:

Halo 2 :watchout: Fable ........hrmmm?

I agree with all of you that say the games are too different to compare. I am personally a big fan of RPG's, and while I loved Halo (dang, Legendary is TOUGH! :yikes: ) and can't wait for Halo 2, I have probably read every single review of Fable ten times over and can't think of anything but Fable when it comes to Xbox gaming.

As a matter of fact, the two games I'm drooling over the most are :hail: Fable and Star Wars: KOTOR. I 'm going to take a week's paid vacation when Fable comes out so I can crack out on it w/o interruption (no joke)!

X-SHIKAKA-X
06-07-2003, 01:53 AM
halo 2 will obviously be the biggest, i mean halo is..."perfection", but still, my eyes will be on fable, i prefer RPG's to any other kind of games, so fable will be at the top of my list.

Hammertime
06-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Ok this is easy. Reserve Halo 2 and get it the day it comes out. Fable probably won't be out until after you've beaten Halo 2, so that you can purchase two great games! :cheers:

dantheman20d
06-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Halo 2 with out questions will beat ANY game.

blackiee
06-28-2003, 04:07 PM
well that is a really tough choice and to make matters worse or good which ever way you mind goes first, Halo2 and Fable are both coming out in March. trust me on this. they would both be out the same month. so after they debut we can see how they each revolutionize the gaming world

frog11983
06-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Why are you so confident that they are going to release Fable in March? If you look around, everything points to, and there is even a confirmation that it is coming out in Winter 2003. I don't understand why you think that Fable and Halo2 would come out at the exact same time...

Think about it... If they released Halo2 and Fable at the same time, then people are either going to have to shell out $100, or just buy one game. Most people are not going to shell out $100. It would be much smarter to release the games months apart, allowing people to save money for the next one, and feel like they aren't spending as much. IMO, I think Fable will be Janurary/early spring release and Halo2 will be a early spring/summer release. However, it would be nice if Fable came out for Christmas, as long as there weren't any bugs.

Oh and don't forget about Half Life2. This freaking awsome(and in some ways more exciting than Halo2) game should be coming out about the same time for the Xbox. :D

TuffEagle88
07-15-2003, 04:08 PM
I think Halo was great and all, but once you beat it there isn't a whole lot to do especially since I could never get 1/2 way throught the last level on legendary. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Both Halo2 and Fable will be must haves, but if I can only get one- sorry Master Chief :cry: , I've got a dragon to slay.

kc_r
07-19-2003, 11:02 AM
HALO 2 by far

Snoop E
07-19-2003, 11:08 AM
halo 2 will defiantly be bigger but fable is also going to be hge i say pre-order both.:)

pepitonet
07-19-2003, 12:15 PM
maybe i am the only one but i didn't like halo (maybe cause i am more into rpg and strategy then FPS or 3d PS) so i think fable will be better and more accepted by people than halo 2 but again it might be just me an the other 50 million of rpgish here in usa...

Lord Vivic
07-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Halo is bigger it is much better than Fable.Halo was prabably the best game for a long time until Halo 2 comes out.

FuNkY mOnK
07-21-2003, 08:00 PM
you guys forgot to mention the most important thing, Halo2 will be XBOX LIVE. The most intense battles will be fought in the Halo environment and will go down in history as the mother of all multi-player game. i say Halo 2 for the serious part of the brain.

ARONO129
07-21-2003, 08:05 PM
If Fable is as good as it's supposed to be it will sell very well but nothing will compare to Halo2.

Seawolf X
07-21-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm confused, you know halflife2 and counterstrike? Well which one Is it coming out for XBL? I love counterstrike It's like my favorite FPS and it's a mod of halflife will cs be in halflife 2? Cuz, I watched a trailor of it and it looked like cs...so thats good.

FuNkY mOnK
07-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
I'm confused, you know halflife2 and counterstrike? Well which one Is it coming out for XBL? I love counterstrike It's like my favorite FPS and it's a mod of halflife will cs be in halflife 2? Cuz, I watched a trailor of it and it looked like cs...so thats good. you're confused??? we have to read what you wrote.

TuffEagle88
08-31-2003, 11:39 PM
I think that there is no doubt that both will be great and sell extraordinaryly well. I think that Halo will sell more and have more fans, but there is no way that it will have the effect on the gaming world that Fable will. Fable is going to change everything about RPGs, sure Halo changed sci-fi shooters forever, but that was the first one adn no matter how much you add to it, it will still be halo- the insanely popular shooter.

Bottom line is that Fable is going to do to RPGs what Halo did to first person shooters.

OC Noob
09-08-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
I'm confused, you know halflife2 and counterstrike? Well which one Is it coming out for XBL? I love counterstrike It's like my favorite FPS and it's a mod of halflife will cs be in halflife 2? Cuz, I watched a trailor of it and it looked like cs...so thats good.

HL2 and CS:CZ are going to be 2 different games and CZ for sure will be XBL capable, but there haven't been too many details on the console version of HL2.

I agree that Halo 2 will be bigger, but Fable will shut up all the PS2ers that say XBox has no RPGs (assuming its as advertised). It should attract a ton of the RPG fans that hang with the PS2 for RPGs and with KotOR XBox should have 2 of the best RPGs ever made.

I will also agree that we shouldn't forget HL2. HL was as big on PC as Halo is on XBox and if it lives up to its reputation (like Halo 2) then it will be huge. If you haven't seen the E3 movie (the 22 minute one) I highly suggest you download it from fileplanet or where ever you can find it. The gfx of course are top notch, the gameplay should be up there with Halo 2 and the physics are unlike anything else. Everything is usable/destructable and the materials act like they would in real life. If you hide behind wood, someone can shoot through it and it will hit you and splinter the wood. They pick up a matress with a gravity gun and lay it on different objects and it folds and contours to fit the objects its on. They do the same thing with a dead body. They use the gravity gun to pull the letters F and U off a building and shoot them at a monster. Metal barrels float in the water as does wood instead of sinking like normal games. Cars and stuff respond to being hit by big guns by moving when hit. When you lop off a zombies legs its upper body crawls after you. They showed the environment being changed and I think it was meant to display that if something like a bomb goes off then there will be a crater instead of just a black char mark and that would be unscripted. There are a bunch of traps, and since the materials act "properly" you shoot a thing holding back a big log and it shatters to release the log on the zombies. You can pick up anything with the gravity gun (that isn't too large for the gun) and toss it. I think it was a heater that the guy ripped from a wall with his gravity gun and shot a zombie.

These things aren't prescripted events and are a part of normal gameplay, not like a few special items that you can interact with. Its really quite amazing and will revolutionize game physics.

So in a way I'd say Halo 2 Fable and HL2 will have a huge impact, but in a different way. I think any of them have the potential to be bigger then the others and i sure as hell can't wait for all of them!

TuffEagle88
09-08-2003, 05:40 PM
good points.

:cheers:

FragMaster B
09-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Are you serious? Is this really a question? Halo 2 without a thought.

shapoopy
09-12-2003, 07:12 PM
CONKER

TuffEagle88
09-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Hey fragmaster, where did you get that avitar? My parent on outwar has that exact same one.

FragMaster B
09-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey fragmaster, where did you get that avitar? My parent on outwar has that exact same one.

I searched for "Punisher" on Google -> Images.

Douchesforfun
09-12-2003, 08:16 PM
im looking forward to fable... im thinking its morrowind meets better... i cant wait.. might even skip halo 2 for awhile