PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!!! please help!!

Rochey69r
12-05-2001, 12:13 AM
i have a panasonic t.v. it has the 3 AV inputs at the front of it plus another thing that says "S-VIDEO".

dos this mean i need an S-Video chord for my xbox to work on that t.v??

if i have the option of having an s-video chord or just the normal one what is the differance between them??

dos one produce better picture quality than the other???

PLEASE HELP!!!

VAN
12-05-2001, 12:24 AM
The presence of the S Video input does not mean you are required to use it. You can use the standard A/V cables that ship with the console and you'll be gaming just fine.

I would recommend using the S Vid cable instead, however, as it offers rich colors and a much crisper picture quality--but it is NOT required.

Perhaps start with the standard cables and once you have some extra cash, upgrade to S Video.

HTH

Rochey69r
12-05-2001, 12:39 AM
thanx a lot mate!!

have microsoft made an S-Video?? they have a thing called "advanced av pack" but its like a block thing with some av inputs coming out of it.

it dost seem to have the same chords as the ones made by mad-cats and interact.

i like to get all my videogaming stuff as the actual developers.

i just trust that more than 3rd party developers.

so which one should i get do u think???? (i have the cash to get it right away)

thanx,
rochey

DenniZz81
12-05-2001, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
thanx a lot mate!!

have microsoft made an S-Video?? they have a thing called "advanced av pack" but its like a block thing with some av inputs coming out of it.

it dost seem to have the same chords as the ones made by mad-cats and interact.

i like to get all my videogaming stuff as the actual developers.

i just trust that more than 3rd party developers.

so which one should i get do u think???? (i have the cash to get it right away)

thanx,
rochey

To use svideo you will need
Xbox
A tv-set with svideo input
an advanced pack
svideo cable

Rochey69r
12-05-2001, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DenniZz81

To use svideo you will need
Xbox
A tv-set with svideo input
an advanced pack
svideo cable

ok.

i will have xbox
a tv set with s-video intut
an advanced av pack
but no sv cable!

dosnt the sv cable come with the advanced av pack??

if not can i just buy a madcats s-video cable without having to buy anything else??

l Maximus l
12-05-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r

ok.

i will have xbox
a tv set with s-video intut
an advanced av pack
but no sv cable!

dosnt the sv cable come with the advanced av pack??

if not can i just buy a madcats s-video cable without having to buy anything else??

Rochey...dude, I have exactly what you have. All you need is the XBox console, of course, and since you have an S-Video TV, all you need to do to use this better feature is to purchase the Advanced A/V Pack and you're in business. The Advanced A/V Pack has the 5 pin S-Video cable with it. So, you're in business! (So, no need to buy an additional S-Video cable, the Advanced A/V pack already has it).

I have a 36" Toshiba S-Video TV and all I bought was the Advanced A/V Pack so I can use the S-Video feature on my TV. It gives you richer color and smoother graphics. It's worth it. Of course, the XBox comes with your regular RCA cables, which will do the trick...but, I have compared them both and the Advanced A/V Pack is much much better. I will commend Microsoft for having gold connections on both the RCA cables and the Advanced A/V Pack...it's a nice clean connection. Enjoy, buddy!

Keep in mind that to have a nice picture, you need the cables to do it. The better the cables, the better the picture. I heard an analogy that made a lot of sense to me. It's like comparing a flashlight that has a bunch of scratches on the lense with a flashlight that has an extra brite bulb in it that was just taken out of a brand new package. Turn them both on and flash them to the ground. You will notice that both will produce light, but the one with the scratches will produce a dimmer light...you can see it, but, it won't look as nice as the light that the new flashlight produces with the brighter bulb and no scratches on the lense.

RCA is bottom of the barrel...next best is Component Video, then S-Video, then Fiber Optics (Monstercable's 400s on a Plasma TV would be amazing using this Fiber optic cable!! lol)

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 05:32 PM
Maximus, component video is better than Svideo. If you have component inputs on your TV, get the Monster Cable GameLink 400 X and the optical sound connector

Rochey69r
12-05-2001, 05:49 PM
thanx everyone who contributed!!

i checked for component imputs but do not have them!

so i am gladly going to purchase an advanced AV pack.

thanx again dudes!

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 05:58 PM
Still I would recommend the monster cable gamelink 300 X then, and if you can get the optical adapter for some great sound. 100 X is the add on optical sound adapter.

Rochey69r
12-05-2001, 06:00 PM
come again?????

how much would all that cost????

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 06:11 PM
The official site is here (http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox/default.html) at amazon.com the 300 X is $38.24. Amazon must have some deal with monster cable, because all of these cables are up to $10 off retail. Retail for the 300 X is $44.95. However they arent in stock now at amazon, so it might be best to go to circuit city and get em there if you are anxious, plus you wont have to pay for shipping. The 100 X optical adapter is $29.74. And it has a retail of $34.95 Monster cables are worth the money, especially if you have a nice TV and receiver to take advantage of the Xbox