PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2

SDBoltsPads
05-04-2003, 12:37 PM
I can't wait until xbox 2. I heard on IGN.com that Grand Theft Auto: World is going to be on it and that you can play people in a battle online. That game is going to kick ass. And Mario is going to be on the new xbox. What have you heard about the new Xbox?

chunk83
05-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Are you actually serious, or are you just trying to be funny. I hope for the latter.

SDBoltsPads
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah IGN. Here's the link:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/400/400591p1.html

canadianboi3
05-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Doesn't IGN also post tons of BS?

Liquid Gears
05-04-2003, 01:53 PM
GTA: World?? Now that's pretty awesome, I haven't heard anything on that until now. Cool, I love those games

So the whole Mario coming to XBox rumour is starting to come true. Hmm........is XBox really gonna buy Nintendo? Nintendo owns CAPCOM. If its all true, then here come more Street Fighter & Resident Evil games.

I'm guessing about that time Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will come out for XBox Next

CharlieHustle
05-04-2003, 02:30 PM
First of all, there is a fine print at the bottom of the article stating that DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS SERIOUSLY. These are what the writers at ign would like to be on the xbox 2. If you read through it, it was meant to be a joke, IMO. So dont jump the wagon just yet. I think MS will have some tight lineups for the xbox 2, btu these will not be it.

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Gotta read the fine print .. !

strangefate
05-04-2003, 03:13 PM
IGN was joking
i.e.

Why it'll be great: October 2004 proves to be a pivotal time in vidoegame history as Rockstar announces its intentions to take the GTA franchise to multiple consoles including an exclusive online version at launch for Xbox 2. Getting Samuel Jackson to reprise his role as Jules Winfield and casting him in the lead of GTA:World means Xbox 2 will become the most anticipated console launch in history.

It also says it takes place just before Pulp Fiction. Anyway, the say that in Oct 2004 Rockstar will announce this, a fictional I-wish prediction.

echohype
05-04-2003, 03:29 PM
"The feature you just read is fictional and not intended as news or to otherwise reveal details on any future videogame consoles from Microsoft or future software for Xbox or any future videogame consoles from Microsoft. "

exact fine print.

so it's just their Opinion on what "can" happen.

carlbme
05-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Just by the way that the article was written you should be able to tell that it was meant to be a joke, not to be taken seriously.

If you weren't able to tell then the fine print on the bottom should of spelled it out for you.

The feature you just read is fictional and not intended as news or to otherwise reveal details on any future videogame consoles from Microsoft or future software for Xbox or any future videogame consoles from Microsoft. -- Fine print from IGN's article.

l Maximus l
05-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Wow...I've never seen a thread crash and burn like this in such a long time :yikes:

AloneInTheDark
05-04-2003, 04:08 PM
How many people have to say read the fine print :p

frog11983
05-04-2003, 04:14 PM
READ THE FINE PRINT!

thats 5 to be exact...

SDBoltsPads
05-04-2003, 04:47 PM
**** i didn't see that. o sorry for getting you guys all excited. i didn't see the fine print. man ign is stupid

Xbox Owner
05-04-2003, 05:03 PM
lol, i saw this yesterday..and the footnote at the bottom too. lol. you'd think mario would be on xbox.....pfff..

kenji
05-04-2003, 09:45 PM
I heard that the real xbox 2 is coming in 2006. I think that is way to early.

VenoM
05-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by kenji
I heard that the real xbox 2 is coming in 2006. I think that is way to early.

i dont think it is...xbox came out in 2001..2006 wouldnt be to early..unless i guess you just got your xbox

l Maximus l
05-05-2003, 02:24 AM
As some of you know, I work part-time at an electronics retailer...and I find it hilarious when people buy a PoS2. How long has it been out now? And they're finally getting one!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The PoS3 is right around the corner, too...but, those late bloomers won't see it until 2010 at the rate they're going :rolleyes:

Sorry...I just thought I'd share this thought...

VenoM
05-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
As some of you know, I work part-time at an electronics retailer
Sorry...I just thought I'd share this thought...

hmmmm..... really maxy???? :watchout: so hook me up on a radeon 9700 pro or 9800 pro video card :D ...discount price of course ;)

VeNoMiZA
05-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
GTA: World?? Now that's pretty awesome, I haven't heard anything on that until now. Cool, I love those games

So the whole Mario coming to XBox rumour is starting to come true. Hmm........is XBox really gonna buy Nintendo? Nintendo owns CAPCOM. If its all true, then here come more Street Fighter & Resident Evil games.

I'm guessing about that time Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will come out for XBox Next Nintendo does not own capcom silly :P. capcom is actually gonna stop the resident franchise from the gamecube because of lacking sells.:huh:

RudedogX
05-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
Nintendo does not own capcom silly :P. capcom is actually gonna stop the resident franchise from the gamecube because of lacking sells.:huh:
Beat me to it!:argue1:

Viper87227
05-05-2003, 04:15 PM
expanding on the RE thing...I belive how it worked it Nintendo bought the rights to all previously released RE games and the right to a RE 0 (so RE 0, RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, and RE CV is all nintendo had the rights to, after those are done capcom is done withthe agreement to nintendo)