PDA

View Full Version : While were're waiting for Halo 2, Bungie should make a Halo Online.

Xbox Owner
05-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah..somewhat like Sega GT, that would own. And it in the XBL starter kits..damn that would rule. I mean, put the game free w/ XBL, or you could buy it for like $15.00. Like..it wouldn't be the whole game..just like what MotoGP did with a demo.

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Um.. My opinion is ... Nah.

Xbox Owner
05-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Soul Redeemer
Um.. My opinion is ... Nah.

Um.. My opinion is ... Why not?

carlbme
05-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

Um.. My opinion is ... Why not?

Because it would take away resources that are currently being used to finish Halo2. Which would mean a not so polished game, and more than likely more delays.

So I'll also go with NAH!!

E Nomini Patri
05-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah..somewhat like Sega GT, that would own. And it in the XBL starter kits..damn that would rule. I mean, put the game free w/ XBL, or you could buy it for like $15.00. Like..it wouldn't be the whole game..just like what MotoGP did with a demo.

Dude, they're making Halo 2, and you want them to stop and put Halo online? You mean you want to wait that much longer for Halo 2, which will be so much better than Halo? Are freaking crazy? Did you eat too much sugar with breakfast? I think you should go to the doctor man...

Xbox Owner
05-04-2003, 07:51 PM
It would only take like a week, and they can use people who didnt make the actual game. Hell - MS could do it. Just add online features to multiplayer.

NeoMoose
05-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I'm very content with playing it online over GameSpy Tunnel or some other sofware that lets you create a VPN over the internet. That and TimeSplitters 2.

NeoMoose
05-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, as bad as we would want it over XBL - I just read an article not too long ago with an interview with Bungie's Head Man and he said it would be great IF they could add content, but they don't have the hooks in the games code that would detect new content/code on the hard drive even if it was there.

shrew king
05-04-2003, 08:10 PM
I definitely wouldn't mind if they made it online as long as it didn't take away from Halo 2.

Sodacider
05-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Even if it only took them a month (which would be the low end), that's one month longer we have to wait for Halo 2.

NO! :mad: :mad: :mad:

XboxResearcher
05-04-2003, 08:18 PM
I think we would all like a Halo Online. But here is the reality, Bungie and Microsoft want the Fans to be hungry for Halo 2. If there is any Online play for Halo, it will only come when Halo 2 has arrived (though you can play Halo on Xbconnect).

The excitement level is very high, when it comes to what Halo would be like Online via Xbox Live with the Voice Communication device. Microsoft wants that excitement, curiosity, hype, and anxiousness to last all the way to Q1 2004. Halo 2 will meet everyone's expectation. Hopefully, by meeting and passing everyone's expectations, Microsoft and Bungie will be financially rewarded much more than what dollars Halo brought in, rewarded with many game of the year awards, rewarded by the video game industry with the label of having "one of the best games ever made," etc.

Having Halo not available on Xbox Live, I think was a decision Microsoft made for business reasons. Microsoft and Bungie want Halo 2 to be a huge success. The most exciting aspect of Halo 2 is the inclusion of Online play via Xbox Live. Halo was just a small taste of the big picture Bungie has in store for us. Having a Halo Online so early could have put a dent in the greatness that will be of Halo 2. Bungie wants you to wait, so they can release their full complete dream in the megaton game Halo 2. If their was a Halo Online now, for some people, it would be been there done that type of attititude that bungie doesn't want. I think Bungie wants Halo 2 to be a new experience for every singe individual. They don't want you to experience any type of Online play until Halo 2 comes out, which will be a more complete game than Halo. Halo was rushed. Halo 2 will not be rushed, and it will be done right with Bungie using every aspect of the Xbox video game system.

Halo 2 is going to great, don't worry.
:cool:

NeoMoose
05-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Sodacider
Even if it only took them a month (which would be the low end), that's one month longer we have to wait for Halo 2.

They can't and they won't. Simple as that. They would have to distribute an entirely new game in order to do it - and while it is definitely something that would make them bucketloads of money, they also know Halo 2 will make bucketloads of money.

Just get some friends and play System Link. Playing with people you know over System Link is WAY more fun than any Live experience I have ever had. Except for content downloads.

MrSlam
05-04-2003, 10:05 PM
they are, it's called halo pc.

Xbox Owner
05-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MrSlam
they are, it's called halo pc.

Yeah, well, we're talking about the Xbox version. And I said bungie, not gearbox.

Batman2372
05-04-2003, 10:36 PM
It would only take like a week, and they can use people who didnt make the actual game. Hell - MS could do it. Just add online features to multiplayer.

Clearly you don't have the slightest idea about writing code. This would be a far larger task than "like a week", and for more circumstances than just the actual writing of code. You don't just "use people who didn't make the game", you have to hire those people on. There's developers, coders, QA... the list goes on and on. This wouldn't make good business sense for Bungie when they have Halo 2 development already in place and in high gear.

Sorry, dude. You're just gonna have to wait like all the rest of us... with mouths drooling.

No Fear 23
05-04-2003, 10:40 PM
i'd say nah too, i mean alot of ppl played the crap out of that game and im sure they r bored with it now. i rarely play it now, but i still paly it once a month or so or when my friends r over

l Maximus l
05-05-2003, 02:35 AM
I play Halo practically on a daily basis even to this day. It's the best game ever made, in my opinion.

Halo on-line via XBox Live? Well, I can't say that non of us thought of that before. Hypothetically, if they did it and we had to wait one more month of Halo 2, I'd go for it! Time flies when you're having fun :D

chunk83
05-05-2003, 10:56 AM
I would LOVE a halo 1.5 to be released, simply to hold me over until the almighty halo 2 is released. It would be rather simple for them to add online support, but I'd still pay up to 50 bucks to be able to play HALO on a real network (xbconnect is ok, but isnt streamlined). Please microsoft, hear our cries.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-05-2003, 01:13 PM
in the new gamespotting they said something along that line.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/050403vacation/4.html

it's a good idea io think. If they can go it for MotoGP. Like maxi said, if i have to wait one more month, that month will fly by while im having fun.

Diddy
05-05-2003, 01:51 PM

Yeah, well, we're talking about the Xbox version. And I said bungie, not gearbox.

Well WTF do you think Halo 2 is?

GokuX
05-05-2003, 02:22 PM
I have always thought it to be a financially wise decision to make a Halo online addon. If you think about $20 per addon disk, and at least 1 million people are likely to buy that disk, you're looking at little effort for a lot of money. That's just IMO though.