PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon vs other War genred games

eWOK
05-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Well, ive been looking around for quite a while, reading reviews etc, yada yada yada, about Ghost Recon and other games such as Return To Castle Wolfenstien. i have still come to no conclusion as to what game i really wanna buy. i live in New Zealand, so bear with me here, chances are, that alot of the war games in the US arent released here. yet.

what im after is a good war game. a bit of ducking/hiding in the forest kinda thing. but also enough frontline action. and some good multiplayer gaming. i think Ghost Recon is likely to be the one im after, though i cant be sure. what else is on the market currently for Xbox?

any help would be appreciated.:D

.:also keep in mind, that Xbox Live isnt released here:.

canadianboi3
05-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Well first of all, welcome:cheers: . Secondly, I think that Ghost Recon would be definately what your looking for. There is enough action and hiding etc that it seems that it would fulfill what you would like.

eWOK
05-04-2003, 11:22 PM
ive played it on PC, just not on Xbox. what are the differences? is it really worth buying the xbox one as i already have the PC one? any added features to the Xbox version?

-and thanks for the welcoming-:D

l Maximus l
05-05-2003, 02:29 AM
I'd go for Rainbow Six: Raven Shield if you can hold out for its release. I understand that it destroys Ghost Recon. I have Ghost Recon and love it...and I enjoy it the more and more I play it. But, it's pretty old considering the new technologies out now. I'm not even sure exactly when Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is coming out...and certainly not sure what New Zealand's release date is...I'll try and find out, if possible.

Casper
05-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I'd go for Rainbow Six: Raven Shield if you can hold out for its release. I understand that it destroys Ghost Recon. I have Ghost Recon and love it...and I enjoy it the more and more I play it. But, it's pretty old considering the new technologies out now. I'm not even sure exactly when Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is coming out...and certainly not sure what New Zealand's release date is...I'll try and find out, if possible.

Ditto, but it's not coming to the Xbox in the US until September, but it's availible on the PC right now. Also, some games to keep in mind being that you don't have XBL yet as well as RTCW and GR is Conflict: Desert Storm and Medal of Honor. I think that Desert Storm had the best engine on it, out of those 2, so try that out, it's been out for over a year now, and is worth it if you don't have XBL.

Welcome to XBA man :cheers:

aj142
05-05-2003, 01:47 PM
You might really like Medal Of Honor too, now that it's on XBOX. WWII from the beaches to the bridges and in the cities, it's a great re-creation of the Saving Private Ryan feel.

GrizzlySuit
05-05-2003, 06:18 PM
GR is deffinately what ur looking for

teewinot
05-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Based on your description of what you were looking for, you should get Ghost Recon. Its completely different than the Castle Wolfenstein experience. More realistic, and difficult to master. And if you have system link, the multi-player is unbelievable! Too much fun!

I wouldn't wait for Raven Shield. I'd just buy them both!

And the thing that is different from playing Recon on the PC is:

1. The controller makes it simpler and more natural (in my opinion, having played both PC and Xbox. I also own both.)

2. Your own TV and a nice comfortable couch! Add surround sound, and it just doesn't get any better.

YOU WILL LOVE GHOST RECON!

ryan123
05-07-2003, 06:53 PM
I have Ghost Recon and I really like it. Its a great game but you said you already have the pc version and Im not sure what the difference between the 2 is if any. Ive also played Conflict Desert Storm and medal of honor. Conflict desert storm was ok but not quite as good as Ghost Recon. And I didnt really care for medal of honor.

Batman2372
05-08-2003, 12:57 AM
If you're looking for a war game, dump the Xbox and grab America's Army:Operations or wait for Raven Shield. These two games in my opinion are the best military FPS out there.

(and AA:O is free)