PDA

View Full Version : xbox backward compatible?

ThomasHun
12-05-2001, 07:48 AM
Thats one reason I love computers anyways. Xbox2 best **** be compatible with xbox one games is alls Im saying.

Jason1010
12-05-2001, 08:02 AM
what the **** are you talking about??? xbox just barely came out, why the ****ing hell are u talking about xbox 2 being backwards compatible??? congradulations on a ****ing dumb**** post!

ThomasHun
12-05-2001, 09:47 AM
Respect your ****ing xboxaddict elders you little **** ant. I just want my games to carry over so **** off.

PigDestroyer010
12-05-2001, 04:25 PM
too many stars, im going blind

Jason1010
12-05-2001, 05:27 PM
I am so sorry that i have shown disrespect to you, oh great and powerfull, old, wise, Grandpa Thomas. Please, forgive me for my actions you stupid dumb**** ****er! Elder my ass! I assume you are referring to the number of posts you have... big deal! So you are more of a loser than i am and you do nothing except for sit here and post on the forums. :rolleyes: Now go run along and play your xbox and dont **** your pants over whether or not xbox 2 will be backwards compatible.

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 09:00 PM
Well all I ****** **** **** have to **** ***** *** say is **** you, you ******* ***** *** ***** **** ***** ***** **** so **** and your mother is a big **** *** ***** ****** ******** ******* *** **** *** **** and loves to *** ***** ***** ****

^%#@^#!$!^@^$#&@^#!!&%#@&$@^%#!@()(^%@^%#@^#$!^)#$@%$#!%!%_+)^%@^#$@&$&$@&@$ Just in case those other characters got sad because they arent used enough as starry.

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 09:19 PM
lol I just used shift+8 to mock some of the little kids in here...or elders...whatever

ThomasHun
12-06-2001, 07:16 AM
No wonder Funionz and brooms took off. I SIMPLY stated that the xbox2 should be backward compatible, and ****ing hissy fits reign down from the heavens. Just an opinion.

Jason1010
12-06-2001, 07:42 AM
lol this thread has become quite amusing :D

l Maximus l
12-06-2001, 11:50 AM
Wow, dudes...have a beer or something :D

redrum237
12-06-2001, 01:52 PM
woooooooooo beer

Hugh_Jass
12-06-2001, 03:52 PM
I assume the XBOX2 will be backward compatible but who really knows at this point?

skoot182
12-06-2001, 04:03 PM
or cares...

Frostberg
12-06-2001, 05:56 PM
or who cares...By Xbox 2 you wont care then either because games for Xbox 2 will be even better than XBox games of the future

Xbox85
12-08-2001, 03:58 PM
You are all assuming that there will be an X box 2.There might not be another console by microsoft anfter X box, it might be a different type of disc (it IS the future we are talking about) God **** Sony and there POS2 and Nintendo and the GBA (im not dissing he BGA, its awesome) and its stupid ass backwards compatibility, now everyone is walking around saying, "will X box 2 be backwards compatible" Maybe we should all just concentrate on the present incarnation of the microsoft console. Thank you

mattcoxonline
12-08-2001, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I assume the XBOX2 will be backward compatible but who really knows at this point?

Microsoft ?!?

Can I join in the swearing......?

Hugh_Jass
12-08-2001, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

Microsoft ?!?

Can I join in the swearing......?

I doubt even Microsoft knows yet.

Look at the approach they took with the XBOX. They use a modified version of Windows 2000, a stripped-down version of Direct X, and proprietary DVD delivery system. Three (?) years from now when XBOX 2 comes out are they STILL going to be using these things? Part of the reason why the XBOX runs so fast compared to a PC is that they removed everything from the OS and Direct X that didn't pertain to the XBOX hardware. If you make XBOX 2 compatible with XBOX you start to bloat the system.

And maybe we won't even be using DVD in three years. Maybe the copy protection will be hacked and the new solution will force incompatibility with the old solution.

The Game Cube doesn't play N64 games. In fact, until PS2 came out I don't think any console in history was ever backward compatible. It's a nice feature, in some respects, but when you make that a prerequisite you invariably must compromise on features, performance, and/or cost.

That being said, since I can still play Win9x games on Windows XP I think there is a good chance the XBOX 2 will be backward compatible with XBOX. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, though.

Haine
12-08-2001, 10:08 PM
i just want to say hi to Jason..:D.Wen eed to get together and play some more online Halo.. :cool: