PDA

View Full Version : May 10th, Info for Winners and soon to be winners for the Giveaway

BigJosh359
05-05-2003, 04:46 PM
This was my news post if you missed it

First off, Saturday May 10 at 5 PM EST is everyone's last chance to win. Saturday is also the day that the two big prizes will be given out.

APC Product - http://www.xboxaddict.com/articles/view.php?Article_ID=1
KDS Xblaster - http://www.keydigital.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=23&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=14&btnSearch.y=5

To win these two prizes, you must have already won a prize with the 30 Day Giveaway. Remember, the contest rewards people for site participation. Coming into the chatroom and winning is a big part of the contest and site participation.

The better your stats, the better of a chance the 30 Day winners will have to win the 2 big prizes. There will be NO Q&A for those prizes. We will average out everyone stats so there will be a minimum requirement to win the prizes and those people that qualify will be in a random drawing.

Please plan to attend the last day of the drawing. Past 30 Day Winners are required to be in the chatroom for their chance to win. It would be lame to award someone for site participation and the winner not be there.

May 10 will also have Q&A prizes just like the past twenty-some days for Addicts to win. Those winners on that day will also be able to win the 2 big prizes.

So Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 5 PM EST, (Time is subject to change, check back Wednesday to final time), be there!!!!!!

MixMasta
05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
So when your saying averaging out all stats of all members, will that be in all categories, i.e. news comments, forum posts, reviews, excite comments. So like for example it would be like 15 news comments, 1000 posts, 5 reviews, 20 excite comments?? Is there any categories I missed? BTW, will mods be included in the averaging(like Maximus's post count would boost the average up a lot, not that it would matter to me, but it would to others...)

BigJosh359
05-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Its going to be the average of the winner's stats. Not all 15000+ members of XBA.

GrizzlySuit
05-05-2003, 06:16 PM
i've been here 11 days... i guess i'm out:D no biggie... i won a game!!!! hooray!!!

BlindSniper
05-05-2003, 06:24 PM
aww man, a random draw! you shoudl just pick who you think is a great addict and has lots of site participation :) or just set a high standard :) but well I cant argue. Those are sweet prizes :)

Hitman101
05-05-2003, 07:24 PM
That Xblaster is as good as MINE!!!! Muhahahahahha!!!!

SiGuy
05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
I can never get into the chat room to try my luck so I guess Im out. I always get this I need to login box. Just the new XBA was good enough for me.
edit- 420 posts!

BigJosh359
05-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
I can never get into the chat room to try my luck so I guess Im out. I always get this I need to login box. Just the new XBA was good enough for me.
edit- 420 posts!

I know exactly why you can't get into the chatroom, your UserID is invalid for IRC. Alter your ID and get rid of the ~ in the begining of your UserID. If need be, email Kraft-XBA or maneatingcow-XBA and they can help you out.

This should be a tip to everyone that is having problems with the chatroom:

Nicknames may only consist of letters (A-Z, a-z), numbers (0-9), and these special characters: - { } [ ] \ ^ ` (NOTE: underscore characters _ are not allowed). You may be limited to a nine-character nickname.

Spaces in your Nick name or UserID or MemberID will also affect how your name will be displayed in the chatroom. Try to use underscores for spaces. The IRC uses the forum User database to log everyone in to the XBA Chatroom.

Just a tip and i hope it helps people.

SiGuy
05-05-2003, 08:15 PM
thanks for the information. I pm'd Kraft so I might still be in the running to win some prizes.

X-Fan
05-05-2003, 08:55 PM
i won a action replay am i eligible to participate?

xbox genius
05-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

First off, Saturday May 10 at 5 PM EST is everyone's last chance to win. Saturday is also the day that the two big prizes will be given out.

KDS Xblaster - http://www.keydigital.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=23&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearch ParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=14&btnSearch.y=5

To win these two prizes, you must have already won a prize with the 30 Day Giveaway. Remember, the contest rewards people for site participation. Coming into the chatroom and winning is a big part of the contest and site participation.

The better your stats, the better of a chance the 30 Day winners will have to win the 2 big prizes. There will be NO Q&A for those prizes. We will average out everyone stats so there will be a minimum requirement to win the prizes and those people that qualify will be in a random drawing.

Please plan to attend the last day of the drawing. Past 30 Day Winners are required to be in the chatroom for their chance to win. It would be lame to award someone for site participation and the winner not be there.

May 10 will also have Q&A prizes just like the past twenty-some days for Addicts to win. Those winners on that day will also be able to win the 2 big prizes.

So Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 5 PM EST, (Time is subject to change, check back Wednesday to final time), be there!!!!!!

I dont get it..... i ... dont get ... it.... Josh can you cut it down to simpler terms for me please :D seriously i dont get it... anyways if its 5 pm for EST what time would it be in WAshington state?!! 2 pm?????? i dont think i can make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

shrew king
05-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Wow, cool. So 5 PM EST is 3 PM on the Pacific Coast correct? I'll try to get in there, those are some damn cool prizes.

If we were a couple minutes late would that be a huge problem?

BigJosh359
05-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

I dont get it..... i ... dont get ... it.... Josh can you cut it down to simpler terms for me please :D seriously i dont get it... anyways if its 5 pm for EST what time would it be in WAshington state?!! 2 pm?????? i dont think i can make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5pm is good enough on a Saturday, its during the "day" and its before everyone goes out on the town on Saturday night. 9 PM EST is too late, everyone is doing their weekend business by then. All this is IMHO. Im just going by the past 25 days and 3 weekends worth of numbers to know that 9 PM EST is too late on weekends for people to come in for the Contest. Im open to other times though. Suggestions?

i won a action replay am i eligible to participate?

Yes X-Fan, you are eligible for the 2 big prizes......

BigJosh359
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Wow, cool. So 5 PM EST is 3 PM on the Pacific Coast correct? I'll try to get in there, those are some damn cool prizes.

If we were a couple minutes late would that be a huge problem?

3 hour time difference between East and West i believe. The remain prizes from the 30 Day giveaway will be given out b4 the big prize drawing. So you should have a little time to be a little late.

RastaBlasta
05-05-2003, 10:03 PM
must........win..........soon

xbox genius
05-05-2003, 11:49 PM

5pm is good enough on a Saturday, its during the "day" and its before everyone goes out on the town on Saturday night. 9 PM EST is too late, everyone is doing their weekend business by then. All this is IMHO. Im just going by the past 25 days and 3 weekends worth of numbers to know that 9 PM EST is too late on weekends for people to come in for the Contest. Im open to other times though. Suggestions?

Yes X-Fan, you are eligible for the 2 big prizes......

ya Josh, i think your right, most people are gone doing their things on weekends. but i dont think 5 pm EST is good... they are proabably on a short vacation :D i think the big drawing on a monday 8 pm EST or tuesday 8 pm EST, or Wednesday 8 pm EST or Thursday 5 pm EST :D :D

WEll i highly suggest that you post a poll? anyhow i'll still try to come in on Saturday at 5 pm EST which is 2 pm western time, and i just now realized that the x-blaster retials for a load of $$$!!!

BigJosh359
05-06-2003, 06:21 AM
I cant change the day of the big drawing, Point of a 30 day giveaway is to have it in 30 days! And as soon at that is over, XBA is going to E3. So its has to be Saturday.

RudedogX
05-06-2003, 06:43 AM
And to think I was just going to say that Monday would probably be difficult seeing as how a lot of guys from xba are going to be at e3...figures josh beat me to it.:eek:

Casper
05-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
And to think I was just going to say that Monday would probably be difficult seeing as how a lot of guys from xba are going to be at e3...figures josh beat me to it.:eek:

Josh beats you to that...I beat you by getting one of the big prizes....it's just a bad week in total, eh Rude? :D

RudedogX
05-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey, I got the same prize, so I'm not faring too bad.:cheers:

Though work isn't bein' too good...but eh...can't win them all.:watchout:

VAN
05-06-2003, 11:37 AM
(NOTE: underscore characters _ are not allowed)...

...Try to use underscores for spaces.

Wha?

May wanna clear that up for people. ;)

BigJosh359
05-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Thats what i get for copy and pasting something off the internet, _ can be used for anything.

No Fear 23
05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Thats what i get for copy and pasting something off the internet, _ can be used for anything.

im still confused on that

what does _ means??

RastaBlasta
05-06-2003, 05:49 PM
_ ........ that means UNDERSCORE

so use underscores as names dont use spaces.

I think that is what he is trying to say.

Sharky53
05-06-2003, 07:41 PM
sweet..... i hope i win before then!!!!!

i really want that monitor thingy ma gig.

xbox genius
05-06-2003, 08:25 PM

KDS Xblaster - http://www.keydigital.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=23&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearch ParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=14&btnSearch.y=5

yo Josh-xba, i heard that you are doing a random drawing on that Big giveaway day on Saturday... i think... if so, can you count me in!?!?!? hehe please! i will check back late on saturday... reply back or pm me or something

Viper87227
05-06-2003, 08:55 PM
that would make it 4 oclock here in IL....Which is when i get off work and it takes me ten minutes and id be to late then. Can i have a representative take my place for me if I win?

BigJosh359
05-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
that would make it 4 oclock here in IL....Which is when i get off work and it takes me ten minutes and id be to late then. Can i have a representative take my place for me if I win?

No, like i said, i will still have regular items to giveaway. So you should have plenty of time to get home.

Brevity
05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Josh I post like mad on the forum (Not crap just good stuff), and I wrote a review, but I cant get on the forums during those 9pm here times for those giveaways. What I want to ask is this Fri. thing might be my only shot, so should I try and if I logged on and one then would that qualify me for the finnal drawing? Next does the site/has the site, given away prizes for things like I have done so far alone? That is "just" forums, reviews and making sigs for noobs? If not dont worry I dont plan to stop, it would just be nice to know, thanks.
BREVITY:p

Dyslexic Chaos
05-06-2003, 11:01 PM
I can't make it. I work from 12-9 on saturday, and it's unchangeable!!!! So let me get this straight, its IMPOSSIBLE to win when your not there? Oh well, i still gots me an action replay and I'm plenty happy with that.

echohype
05-07-2003, 01:07 AM
I'll be there.

I won an airflo controller last night(the 6th) so I'm eligible :)

wee

BigJosh359
05-07-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Josh I post like mad on the forum (Not crap just good stuff), and I wrote a review, but I cant get on the forums during those 9pm here times for those giveaways. What I want to ask is this Fri. thing might be my only shot, so should I try and if I logged on and one then would that qualify me for the finnal drawing? Next does the site/has the site, given away prizes for things like I have done so far alone? That is "just" forums, reviews and making sigs for noobs? If not dont worry I dont plan to stop, it would just be nice to know, thanks.
BREVITY:p

Last day for the 30 Day Giveaway is Saturday, there is no changing that. Sorry. This is not the only contest XBA will have, and the next contest, whenever that is, prolly wont be in the chatroom and i think the best sig would be a great contest to have.

As for this contest, just like the past 26 days, its in the chatroom.

Shadow20002
05-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Good luck to everyone for this last contest !!! Chances are high this time ! :D

fadywwf316
05-08-2003, 08:43 PM
whoa that sux, u gotta be in the chatroom? crappers, I have work from 12-630 that day, can't i show up like at 630 :( oh well, i guess i'll just have to cry about it.

BigJosh359
05-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Stats for the big prizes are locked in for all the giveaway winners! They will be announced right after the last seven regular prizes are given away. :)

Stats locked as of May 10th, 11:30am EST

Whisper
05-10-2003, 12:00 PM
by locked in, what do you mean? nothing new we do or post can help us?

BigJosh359
05-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Nothing new from 11:30am EST on will count for the winners of the giveaway. Only people this doesnt affect is the winners to be for the regular part of the contest. With 70+ winners, the averages arent going to change dramatically with 7 more entries today.

Whisper
05-10-2003, 01:07 PM
hopefully i did enough but i dont think i did

2 reviews
2 excite
2 comments
maybe 10 posts

not really enough, but ill be there regardless

Liquid Gears
05-10-2003, 07:35 PM
I think Josh-XBA should make up a thread that posts all the winners of the giveaway gontest and everything they won.

What do you think?

BigJosh359
05-10-2003, 08:13 PM
I could do that, if yall want more details, got the big winners list on the frontpage news.

Click here to view (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=3353)

treyz3
05-10-2003, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of all of the winners and what they won.

It would be cool to see my "name" in lights.

Liquid Gears
05-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks bud, hey do you remember where you found that Family Guy avatar? Do you ever remember seeing one with the Grim Reaper character on it?

BigJosh359
05-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Thanks bud, hey do you remember where you found that Family Guy avatar? Do you ever remember seeing one with the Grim Reaper character on it?

Haven't seen one with the grim reaper yet, ill post it if i do. :)

Glad to see that a lot of members here like Family Guy. :)