PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Halo 2 starts?

GrizzlySuit
05-05-2003, 05:51 PM
yeah, bye the looks of it, the first lvl will be on the cruiser. probally there will be a training on the ship he starts on. but the first real level would be on the cruiser.

kenji
05-05-2003, 06:10 PM
I think that you start on a Covenant cruiser and you have to fight your way to an escape pod. I think this because on the demo disk for OXM you are falling to earth when a Covenant cruiser flys under you. Any other thoughs?

Liquid Gears
05-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Hmm.........

I think the opening movie is the exact same as the movie preview of Halo 2 that out all over the net. Every movie preview of any game on the net usually turns out to be the opening movie scene.

But yeah, definitely the first level will be right where he lands from the opening movie.

TegSkywalker
05-05-2003, 11:51 PM
How about him waking up, having a bowl of cereal, showering, putting on the suit, and walking out the door?

Teleteeps
05-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Halo 2 will be the best game ever made.

JJaX
05-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Hmm.........

I think the opening movie is the exact same as the movie preview of Halo 2 that out all over the net. Every movie preview of any game on the net usually turns out to be the opening movie scene.

But yeah, definitely the first level will be right where he lands from the opening movie.

Not really...

WHen halo was 1st shown at an E3 show it involved a scripted battle that was never in halo. In fact the game and engine were totally recreated.

But in this case, I do recall reading in the latest OXM that they wanted to maintain cut scenes that were already released to the public and to be show in the E3 demo.

So the trailer showed Masterchief jumping to a covenant cruiser.

While the E3 demo will be a battle in some city on earth.

So my guess is the 1st level will be the covenant cruiser that he leaped on in the trailer....

And the E3 demo level will be like the 3rd or 4th level.

Viperslasher
05-06-2003, 03:45 PM
I think halo 2 will start on the ship where he jumps out. With new enemies he has to fight his way to the docking and wait for his ship.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Not really...

WHen halo was 1st shown at an E3 show it involved a scripted battle that was never in halo. In fact the game and engine were totally recreated.

But in this case, I do recall reading in the latest OXM that they wanted to maintain cut scenes that were already released to the public and to be show in the E3 demo.

So the trailer showed Masterchief jumping to a covenant cruiser.

While the E3 demo will be a battle in some city on earth.

So my guess is the 1st level will be the covenant cruiser that he leaped on in the trailer....

And the E3 demo level will be like the 3rd or 4th level.

I haven't got that OXM yet, I'm going to pick it up today. Hopefully it'll be in.

Anyway, yeah I think your totally right on that one JJax

No Fear 23
05-06-2003, 04:57 PM
umm prolly where u left off at the last level in halo 1 in the maw. remember after he finished and got out throught space and looked back and said, something like"i hope they all are dead" im not sure about what he said. im thinking that he will get a call from earth sayi nthat the covenats r attackin earth and he flies back to stop them.

Xbox Owner
05-06-2003, 06:28 PM
I hope it starts on Earth.:D

E Nomini Patri
05-06-2003, 07:36 PM
It can't start right where he's flying towards the covie cruiser. It has to start where Halo left off to continue the story, not leap a huge gap. Besides, it has to tell where he got the new armor, because remember that sometime between the end of Halo and where he's flying towards the covie ship, he ditched his armor and got an upgraded pair.

Sharky53
05-06-2003, 07:43 PM
well..... i think it will start with them hurling toward the earth and finding out that a new group of covenant forces are on it

Reclaimer
05-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Halo2 will start, once Bungie releases it to the public.

If it stays with the demo, it'll probably start you off on the roof of the Cov ship you fell on.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-07-2003, 04:00 PM
It'll start when the earth calls you for help. Cortana will prep you in training and such on the ship, then u jump out onto the Covenant ship for the real 1st level.

l Maximus l
05-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
I hope it starts on Earth.:D

Actually, the Master Chief will start off walking out of my house drinking a beer :D

TheStall
05-07-2003, 08:24 PM
I bet it starts right at Halo finished. On the big ship.