PDA

View Full Version : Best XBOX controller?

Teleteeps
05-06-2003, 12:17 AM
What is your favorite controller? Are the Mad Catz any good, never tried them. I like the regular better than the "s"

GokuX
05-06-2003, 12:57 AM
The regular S controller from MS is my fav. I don't trust 3rd party controllers at all because I've had bad experiences with them in the past. They're cheaper for a reason, and unfortunately I believe shoddy construction is that reason.

NINE BREAKER
05-06-2003, 12:59 AM
Regular all the way. The S types are way to small. I've had a couple Mad Cats, from experiance third party hardware doesn't last as long. But my main controller is a Logitech wireless, I've had no problems with that.

treyz3
05-06-2003, 06:13 AM
I like the 'S' the best. The button layout just works better on that controller than the regular one does. My Mad Catz are there for the few times I have more than 2 people playing. They're just no good.

RudedogX
05-06-2003, 07:01 AM
S...I liked the regular big ones since I had one from the start, but when mine stopped working I went out and picked up an S and haven't stopped using it since. Everytime I try and pick up the big one now though it feels too awkard to me. So the S controller has become my favorite.

ARONO129
05-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
Regular all the way. The S types are way to small. I've had a couple Mad Cats, from experiance third party hardware doesn't last as long. But my main controller is a Logitech wireless, I've had no problems with that.

Logitech wireless = Drool

What a cool looking controller. And it got great reviews. Too bad it's $100 CDN. Unfortunately I will never own one.:mad:

OuFtb
05-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Ever since I got my Xbox I had always played with the big controller and I liked it, but then I got a S controller and I have been using that for the past couple of weeks, mainly I like both, and I use both. About the Mad Catz controller my S controller is Mad Catz and works perfect never had any problems with it.

orson19335
05-06-2003, 08:36 AM
S-controller rocks! The big X-box controller is too bulky. Mad Catz controllers are no better than any other 3rd party deal, they are all mostly crap. Stick with the original equipment.

Zonza
05-06-2003, 09:22 AM
I prefer the S more than the original. Its more comfortable.

The Mad Catz is horrible. I had one and it broke after only one week. I didn't even use it that much. one day the thumbstick just snaped off.

EVIL 1337
05-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Controller S. the regular seems a littlte to bulky, but hey, it great for people with bigger hands. i like it because of where the white and black buttons are located, so they're easy to reach and you don't have to stretch your thumb (yes, i'm that lazy not to want to stretch my thumb ) i don't go with the 3rd party controllers. i used to, until most of the ones i had, made my character walk around in circles, infront of traffic, or get himself/herself killed because the x and y axis got messed up and i had to reset them:cuss:

EHWfedPres
05-06-2003, 10:16 AM
I have 4 original ones and one third party piece of crap that i got because they didnt have any original ones left when i bought my xbox...oh well. I dont like the s controller because the white and black buttons are in a very odd place, and I think its hard to reach when the button is under your hand...

EVIL 1337
05-06-2003, 10:30 AM
guess i'll have to try the regular XBox controller. i got the bundle pack around christmas (xbox, controller s, 2 free games), and haven't tried another one since. i think that's what some people do, though they don't admit it; get one controller, like it, stick with it, and diss other controllers. i'm kinda waiting on a good affordable wireless controller.

orson19335
05-06-2003, 10:40 AM
I got the bundle for Christmas myself and an additional full size controller that I tried and hated so I traded it on an S-controller. I got a steering wheel for Sega GT also but haven't used it much. I had trouble with the throttle not going to full when fully depressed. That sucked! Every car in the game was blowing passed me until I switched to a regular controller. It's a shame too because the wheel is much more fun to play the game with.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2003, 04:21 PM
I think the MatCatz controllers are definitely the best of them all

bretman1234
05-06-2003, 06:09 PM
WHEN THE HELL IS MS COMING OUT WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER!?!?!

Xbox Owner
05-06-2003, 06:28 PM
I love the orignal controller.:cheers:

Sharky53
05-06-2003, 07:16 PM
i'm hoping i win one of those nyko airflow controllers 2night....then i'll be able to tell which is best

En7gMa
05-06-2003, 08:13 PM
My fav is the Controller S, I have 2 3rd Party(mad catz, which I recieved for free), the airflo one, and the original HUGE xbox controller.

EHWfedPres
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I dont see any problem with the original controller unless your hand is the size of a dime...i prefer actually having something to hold on to other than having my fingers bunched up underneath the controller s, with the black and white buttons under by hand...

echohype
05-06-2003, 09:24 PM
I don't mind the regular controller at all.

I'm buying 2 Controller S's though, and tonight I won the airflo controller :)

then again, i probably don't mind the regular controller cause I can palm and dunk a basketball, o, and I"m just about 16 :)

bretman1234
05-07-2003, 02:28 PM
echohype, you said your just about 16. Do you actually know your age? because in your profile it says that you were born on september 10th, 1985, making you 17 right now. Lol i hope that was a typo

greendog97
05-07-2003, 08:09 PM
i prefer the original xbox control or the Madcatz pro one mainly because of the button layout

TheStall
05-07-2003, 08:21 PM
I must say I play my best with the original big controller. It is definately crucial. However, I like the S ones. I think it is just a matter that I got the Xbox before the S and played SO many hours with it, that I have fallen in love. Hopefully they keep selling em even if they are not bundling them anymore.

TheStall
05-07-2003, 08:29 PM
I think I just won a Nyko, so I hope they are good. Crosses fingers..

Smokin Penguin
05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
s is pretty cewl if you get used to it, but if you just pick it up for ur first time it gets a few minutes to get used to the button configuration. the wireless controllers, atleast what ive heard, i not worth the money. sure you don't trip over the chords of the xbox controller and you don't get the chords tangled up in eachother, but you could just unhook the controller and unwrap the tangles, well that it unless you are really lazy to do even that...

l Maximus l
05-08-2003, 01:53 AM
I like the regulars controllers. I have four of them plus one S-type that a close buddy uses when he comes over. Everyone I know locally prefers the S-type, though. I thought about making the switch, but, because I play Halo so much, I'd hate to even suck at that game for even a day. :D

bretman1234
05-08-2003, 02:24 PM
maximus, you use XBCONNECT right? whats ur screen name so I can play against u. I wanna see how good you are.

prakeem
05-09-2003, 01:39 AM
I love the Xbox, but all of the controllers are a bit unusual. I'm not the biggest ps2 fan, but they got the best comtroller on the market.

Arrakis44
05-09-2003, 11:40 AM
I prefer the S type. I find the size of the control and the black/white placement is better on the S than on the original.

kenji
05-09-2003, 01:45 PM
The orginal is the best for me. I have big hands, so i like a big controller.

Gaboche
05-10-2003, 08:08 AM
I have four regular controllers, which pretty much tells you which controller I prefer. But I also have an arcade stick. It's a Pelican Trick Stick. I bought it just yesterday because I needed a controller to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with. I would've gotten an S controller but I simply can't tolerate the black and white button layout on that thing.

About the arcade stick, does anyone have a good one to recommend? The Pelican does the job but sometimes it doesn't do it just quite the way it should.