PDA

View Full Version : I've had my Xbox since launch. How come no problems???

Dream Theater
05-06-2003, 03:39 AM
I've never had a problem with my box and it was manufactured way before the launch. It has the old drive in it. :D

RudedogX
05-06-2003, 07:19 AM
You got lucky? The only one I've had was a dirty drive due to me not cleaning it. Mine's still working fine for me though, so don't knock it man.

ARONO129
05-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Dream Theater
I've never had a problem with my box and it was manufactured way before the launch. It has the old drive in it. :D

I've had mine since October. I bought a 2 year extended warranty from the store because the MS extended warranty doesn't apply to Canadians.

A few days ago I had a few DDE while playing Halo. I called Xbox support and they said to clean the game which I did.

I asked them if I could clean the Xbox lens using a DVD lens cleaner and they said no more than once or twice per year. I cleaned the Xbox lens and it is fine now.

I also bought a pack of those anti static disposable dusting cloths (dry) and cleaned my Xbox, TV and stand. They work great.

EHWfedPres
05-06-2003, 10:21 AM
I got mine a few days after launch and I get dirty dics errors every now and then, but i ran a lens cleaner thru and it works great. The only think notice is that my friend's games load slightly faster since he has a newer model...oh well, 2 seconds is no big deal...neither is one error. Just turn the system off and turn it back on and it will work fine...does for me at least.

Brevity
05-06-2003, 10:31 AM
This the craziest thread I have read N a while. Next I am looking to see.

"Had eye since I was born, why do they still work. (Not blind)"
:huh:

Its just crazy, and I dont think you would have thought of it had you been buisy, so go get you butt to work man.

aj142
05-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
You got lucky? The only one I've had was a dirty drive due to me not cleaning it. Mine's still working fine for me though, so don't knock it man.

The actual hard-drive was dirty? How does that happen, and how do you clean it? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question, but I didn't think that much dust could get in there.

Chaotic
05-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I've had mine since day 1 and not 1 single problem :)

echohype
05-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Mine since not this past christmas, but a year ago.

No problems at all.

You guys got any online links for those anti static dush cloths, and the dvd lens cleaner thing? I'm here for a bit and just wanna get them.

Also, would I need to open the box to do so?

Dyslexic Chaos
05-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by aj142

The actual hard-drive was dirty? How does that happen, and how do you clean it? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question, but I didn't think that much dust could get in there.

I think what he was trying to sauy is the DVD Drive was dirty. You use a special disc i think, it reads the disk and it cleans it somehow (is it magnetized to attract dust? I dunno)

Tix
05-06-2003, 04:15 PM
You mustve been really lucky, man!...You're one lucky fellow...

Why should I care about that...we dont care...good for you:cheers:

DZNUTZ
05-06-2003, 04:42 PM
i'm playing the same xbox i got on launch day.

so not a real biggie.

No Fear 23
05-06-2003, 04:53 PM
i've bhad mine since janurary 02. so far, no problems :)

ShannonX
05-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Im playing the same xbox i purchased on launch day also. Hardly any errors. Sometimes a movie might start freezing, but thats only happened 5 or 6 times out of the litterally hundreds of movies i've watched on it.

Snoopy7548
05-06-2003, 05:35 PM
ive had my xbox since launch day and ive had no problems. just a few dirty disc errors (oxm discs). and it always freezes in this one spot in project gotham, in the time trials, and only with a certain car. so its probly the disc or something. but other than that, ive had no problems.

bretman1234
05-06-2003, 06:17 PM
where do u get the cloths to clean the lens? i seem to always get the dde and i need to shut it off and turn it on again! help please

LTM360
05-06-2003, 07:04 PM
I got mine December 25, no problems except maybe 2 or 3 'dirty disk' errors.

Xbox Owner
05-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Dream Theater

Don't jynx yourself!! Or me! lol. I have a three year two year warrente too, so I'm good til this November at least. Hell, the only thing that would be bad if it broke would be all my saves..

Anyway, I haven't had any problems other than about two dirty disk errors..about six months ago

PapaSKooT
05-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
This the craziest thread I have read N a while. Next I am looking to see.

"Had eye since I was born, why do they still work. (Not blind)"
:huh:

Its just crazy, and I dont think you would have thought of it had you been buisy, so go get you butt to work man.

Seriously, dream... its like you expected it to break?!

ARONO129
05-06-2003, 09:56 PM
The cloths I bought were Pledge Grab-It Unscented Dry cloths. They REALLY work. I only clean the outside area of my Xbox with them including the vents. Also good for all electronics and anything elso you normally dust. As far as my Xbox is concerned, less dust on the outside means less dust on the inside.

I used a dry DVD lens cleaner system to clean the Xbox lens. The brand is Premiere for DVD and DVD Rom. It has 6 tiny brushes.

If anyone knows of a better DVD lens cleaner let me know by posting here.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-07-2003, 12:08 AM
I think this guys has bought to many sony products, expecting it to break in the first 2 years, lol.

SPARTAN VI
05-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerred B
I think this guys has bought to many sony products, expecting it to break in the first 2 years, lol.

My Xbox broke... :cry: But thats what happens when you have a sister. Girls break everything. :D jp

TheStall
05-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah I have had no problems either. I did know people were having them'

En7gMa
05-07-2003, 08:53 PM
I had a modded xbox until a few weeks ago...I never had problems. I decided to help out microsoft and buy the games rather then burn, plus, you cant play live with a mod....I sold my modded system and bought a legit one, now I can play live :). Im off to buy it saturday...:D