PDA

View Full Version : GO out and get Deathrow

Corona
05-06-2003, 07:37 PM
I don't think that many people own it, don't know why but its a tight game that will keep all your friends inquired that your house is the true "hang out spot" of the Crew!!!!!!!!

ps. I went to G4's website for the cheat codes on deathrow and some of them i could not do. The one that is supposed to speed up the frame rate, can that be confirmed?

Sharky53
05-06-2003, 07:42 PM
my friend had this game at one time. I did not like it that much. It was ok.

Corona
05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Right now you can go to Eb games and buy it for 14.99, nuff said!

By any chance you don't like it after getting all 17 teams and 150 players unlocked!!! You can always use it to lure your friends over on those cold winter nights and save yourself gas money.

Kraft
05-06-2003, 07:52 PM
It's a decent game, I can only play one or two matches before growing tired of it though. For some reason I really don't care for either of the camera options they give you.

echohype
05-06-2003, 08:51 PM
I just looked at some Pics of this game, and you're right.

it looks very cool.

I'll be adding it to my list of to buys(other fighting games include MK DA, and Tao Feng)

AlBoogy
05-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Better late then never. Its definitely a fun game but not for everyone thats for sure.

EHWfedPres
05-06-2003, 09:17 PM
I got this game when it first came out, awesome I think...especially giving all the gene threapy's to one guy and making him godlike...and then there's that glitch where i somehow got over 407 million credits...but there's alot of fun stuff to do other than scoring and fighting...like sliding into some ko'ed guy a dozen times to get a load of ko's and alot of money in the process...and charging up the dics and deathrowing it into some dude's face...or chrage it up while running forward and then you'll drop it and it'll explode when someone touches it...i think ive gotten too good at that game because the only team i cant beat on extreme is the first blitzers...

echohype
05-06-2003, 09:20 PM
whoa, thanks for that review EHWfedPres

that just upped my odds to get it :)

kenji
05-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Deathrow is a great game. I like it. My brother and I have a habit of stopping when we are about to finish a season. My favorite thing is to play with three other friends and try to hit eachother with deathrows. It is great fun.

En7gMa
05-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Fun game, I used to own it. But just as EGM says "In the future, we will play Rugby, and we will curse, and it will be obnoxious".

LynxFX
05-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Recently just got this at EB new for $12. Not bad, and I've been playing it quite a bit. Went through an entire tournament undefeated. I find the easiest way to win is to just fight like mad. :D

It is a fun game and I can't wait to try and unluck the extras like multi-ring and the First Blitzers.

This would have made a great Live game. :( But for <$15 it is a no brainer.

RudedogX
05-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Fighting like mad definetly makes the game more fun, I'll shoot sometimes, but I prefer to fight like crazy. And yeah, for 15, this game is well worth it.:cheers:

Brevity
05-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Sharky53
my friend had this game at one time. I did not like it that much. It was ok.
DIDO:(

EHWfedPres
05-07-2003, 10:57 AM
I like playing with a friend and knocking everyone from the other team out except leaving one guy limping around...then we put our 2 teammates on all out defence and one of us just walks next to the last opponent stealing his megahealth and taunting him relentlessly while the other person scores a ton of points.

yall
05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Great game. Excellent 2 player mode as well. Well worth full price. We still play it alot.

RudedogX
05-07-2003, 12:16 PM
So for those who have this game...how the hell do you change the strategy for your team?!? I've tried using how it shows in the book and everything, but it just doesn't seem to work!:(

Dark Enemy
05-07-2003, 12:51 PM
To change the strategies from attacking to defense and so on you press up and down on the D pad. I mostly got this game for the multiplayer. I used a cheat code to unlock everything.

When i Was playing a friend i think i killed 2 of his players. If you like fighting pick the Demons.:watchout:

Shadow20002
05-07-2003, 01:46 PM
I rethink and reconsider if i gonna buy it or not many times. Keep thinking...or else, i will something better. :o

TheStall
05-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Every review of this game has been so positive but I have never met someone who owns it. I might just go grab one.

SakapuntaS
05-07-2003, 10:50 PM
I just went out and bought Deathrow - I've been wanting a new game, and this thread got me interested. I'll admit, the first 2 hours of playing, i was like ...damn xba's, this sucks...and it does suck, when you suck. But at about the third hour I started getting the hang of things - and man this game is awesome so far! Its pretty addicting...I love it when the games are so close it winds down to the last second. For instance - This one game, The opposing team was up 10 or so goals in the 4th period, so I changed the stradegy to full assault - and K.O.'ed the last guy 1 second before period ended...and also, another game, it was dead even going into the 4th - we kept trading goals - and with 5 seconds left, the opposing player was running straight down the court and I decked the **** out of him , my player behind me grabbed the ball - I jumped, he threw it - one timer for the win....Pretty cool :cheers:

Corona
05-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SakapuntaS
I just went out and bought Deathrow - I've been wanting a new game, and this thread got me interested. I'll admit, the first 2 hours of playing, i was like ...damn xba's, this sucks...and it does suck, when you suck. But at about the third hour I started getting the hang of things - and man this game is awesome so far! Its pretty addicting...I love it when the games are so close it winds down to the last second. For instance - This one game, The opposing team was up 10 or so goals in the 4th period, so I changed the stradegy to full assault - and K.O.'ed the last guy 1 second before period ended...and also, another game, it was dead even going into the 4th - we kept trading goals - and with 5 seconds left, the opposing player was running straight down the court and I decked the **** out of him , my player behind me grabbed the ball - I jumped, he threw it - one timer for the win....Pretty cool :cheers:

Dude, your telling me? lol just kidding, i thought this game was a major bust (with all the good reviews) when i bought it a little over three weeks ago, especiall with that sports view! It was tough to get into the whole FPS mode which is where are the action is. But when i got the hang of it as you did and realized the gorgous multi player with my friends i was stunned!!!

BTW, for those who haven't played the "Multi Ring" yet, i have and i did not like it that much it was like total mayhem in the ring, but i guess if you play it on "XBconnect" which i haven't it would probably be off the hook!