PDA

View Full Version : TAO FENG: Is an IMPOSSIBEL game

Cannibal Corpse
05-07-2003, 01:33 AM
This game is so ridiculously difficult that even on the easiest mode it is still IMPOSSIBLE to beat.

You see, the CPU opponents get stronger after I try to obtain the 3rd artifact and up. They beat the hell out of me NON-STOP.

I have never felt THIS much frustration, this is ridiculous... :(

:cuss:

memphissheik
05-07-2003, 02:50 AM
would you rather it be ridiculously easy??

I gotta say that game has some serious timing issues. meaning if you don't have any..you're going to have alot of issues.
most of the attacks can be held off with quick counter punches, but then I do think they went a little overboard with the true feel of a fight thinking.
It ends up being a bit sluggish, but all I can say is..I'd honestly rather have a difficult game than something that I'll be finished with in 9 hours.

Cannibal Corpse
05-07-2003, 02:54 AM
I can't even block. How do you block in this game?

memphissheik
05-07-2003, 03:27 AM
timing..just pull back on the D pad....back and up to block high...back and down to block low..
and just regular old back to block mid range, but you do know there is a penalty for excessive blocking right...???? *lol*

Liquid Gears
05-07-2003, 03:09 PM
You don't know how to block?!

Lol

Block is the same in every fighting game

How you ever played fighting games before?

Shadow20002
05-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
You don't know how to block?!

Lol

Block is the same in every fighting game

How you ever played fighting games before?

Not really Liquid Gears, Mortal Kombat series you need to hold a button to block, and the others (dead or alive, capcom games) just need to press back on D-pad. But what Tao Feng is difficult, the timing have some serious issues. Example, when you're in damage by the other opponent, you can't move like 3 seconds, so your opponent can do some combos that take time to perform even if they missed. :o

pepitonet
05-20-2003, 12:06 AM
the game is such a disappointment as far as i am concern i have never made such mistake as i did pre-ordering this game i agrre with the guy that says it should be hard ok i like things to be hard but a game being dificult in the easy mode that is hell wrong.well that is just my idea i rather stick with Dor A3 and Mortal Combat for fighting game since tao feng doesn't cut it

Zonza
05-20-2003, 11:39 AM
the game is such a disappointment as far as i am concern i have never made such mistake as i did pre-ordering this game i agrre with the guy that says it should be hard ok i like things to be hard but a game being dificult in the easy mode that is hell wrong.well that is just my idea i rather stick with Dor A3 and Mortal Combat for fighting game since tao feng doesn't cut it

TaoFeng dissapointed me too. I played against my brother for a few rounds and put it down. Wasnt fun at all

Conchord
05-23-2003, 08:36 PM
i think this gae is awesome...a sequel would be appreciated

Slayer02
05-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
i think this gae is awesome...a sequel would be appreciated
*draws stick of moron smiting* :eek:

Conchord
05-25-2003, 03:24 PM
im sorry slayer...do you have a PROBLEM?

FoxBlue
06-09-2003, 05:48 AM
I was thinking of buying this game. Anyone think it's worth buying?

pepitonet
06-29-2003, 01:33 PM
you should be executed if you buy this game for more than 10 or 15 bucks and you will only pay that price if you are a collector and want to have all xox games even if they sux as hell

[oXo]
07-18-2003, 07:01 AM
I agree, this game is VERY hard but it can be beaten for sure. For instance, I have beaten all the players but the Fatalist on normal in the Quest Mode after playing for half an hour. Just takes ALOT of patience. It's a beautiful game with looks matching and surpassing DOA 3. I still miss the total freedom in these fighting games where I decide how I combine kicks and punches instead of a series of kicks or punches .... They should look at the fighting engine in Buffy.....best fighting controls EVER ....

The Terminator
07-23-2003, 05:54 PM
I stopped playing this game after awhile. I found a way to do a 92% damage combo with the really big muscular guy, and would basically destroy everyone. IMO, it was ridiculously easy once you learned the timing involved with combos.

y2kash_14
08-03-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by xbocks
im sorry slayer...do you have a PROBLEM?

maybe he doesn't like people who like crappy games :confused: